• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

kidko

Played PoE for the first time and got Hawkmoon finally.

DS0n54q.gif

Hooray!

Juraash

So if one wanted to experiment with pulse Rifles, especially in the crucible, what gun might one choose that isn't Hopscotch? The only ones I have now are the exotic ones. I think I had a couple of 55s but they got the axe when vault space was really tight.

Any suggestions?

The 2.0 AR patch should give it little boost, right?

Or does it fall under a FR?

It falls under fusion rifles which is why it's even worse now than it was after it's initial nerf. :(. I'm not sure how the changes to Fusion rifles in 2.0 will affect it. I also don't know that it is getting a year two version at the launch of the Taken King.

So if one wanted to experiment with pulse Rifles, especially in the crucible, what gun might one choose that isn't Hopscotch? The only ones I have now are the exotic ones. I think I had a couple of 55s but they got the axe when vault space was really tight.

Any suggestions?

Stranger's Rifle

Anastasis

Victim and Hawkian are saints!

edit: I inherited a Skolas checkpoint and these two stuck with it for a couple of hours to help me move one giant step closer to completing my triumphs!

The Skolas was angry that day my friends!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Awww yeah! Grats on your Triumph Anastasis!

Rewarded of course with the Twin Elder Ciphers because why not

Link?? I'm dying to know your thoughts. Did I waste money or will I love it?
I didn't type it yet cause of late-night Skolas! I will type something more detailed up. But short answer is I reallllllllly like it, though there are some things I definitely don't think I fully understand about it. It seems to be quite configurable which I actually didn't realize, and I dunno how to do any of that stuff yet. It's funny, I imagine it's just the stick arrangement more than anything, but Destiny feels quite noticeably more like Halo to me while playing with it. I am retroactively jealous of them xbone people.

Any suggestions?

If you have it I'd say the Messenger but I think you said previously you didn't play much crucible and that's a Trials only reward. That leaves hopscotch which you already mentioned and spare change which is a normal crucible drop. These 3 guns are all the best archetype in my opinion since they are 2 headshot burst kills. If you can find a spare change you could try it, but it is objectively the worst of the three. It is still decent though.

The middle RoF and impact archetype like the 55Allfates are fun to use and only a bit less effective than their higher impact counterparts. The Allfate is the way to go here because it can be purchased, and I believe the only other option is the constellation scar which is a Vangaurd strike playlist drop. I haven't used the latter but I think they are both decent.

As for the highest RoF and lowest impact ones like Skorris revenge or the conduit I have very little experience with them and can't offer much advice. Like most weapons in Destiny though these low impact guns seem to be far less effective than their higher impact counterparts.

GhaleonEB

So why are they taking out the wolves?

They were hunted to extinction.
anyone else upset that the Fallen Wolf Hunt Patrols are being taken away?

They were one of my favorite bits of the expansion, random team ups, made patrols less boring, were great when they coincided with a public event (more mayhem!) or if you got really lucky "the enemy is moving against each other" (or whatever the text is) and they only got to exist for a few months.

The TDB Crota knights and the eye of crota and all that was ok, but Wolves was more fun,

We don't know what's replacing it. The improvement from Blades to Wolves was pretty substantial - hopefully we get something just as good.

They were hunted to extinction.

We don't know what's replacing it. The improvement from Blades to Wolves was pretty substantial - hopefully we get something just as good.

I had a blade come out during a public event that happened during the end of a Wolf hunt right after "the enemy is moving against...". It was a ton of fun. I liked having the wolves appear. The bounties were something that I ignored too often but I liked the chance wolf encounters.

Read the update while I was designing with my lead at the bar. Our best work designs always come from the bar, ironic as that is.

RIFT!!! NEW MAPS!! And Exotic Bounty AUTO complete!!

Those all had me stoked. I need to grab 2 elder ciphers before next week now. Skolas time everywhere. Still need Bow and Promise on ps4. I don't have any on Xbox and that's fine haha.

GlamFM

Banned
Just caught up with the weekly update, 3 questions:

1. Did I get this right - storing bounties in preparation for TTK won't work?

2. I will get my thorn although I never completed the bounty?

3. What do I need ether keys for?

GhaleonEB

I had a blade come out during a public event that happened during the end of a Wolf hunt right after "the enemy is moving against...". It was a ton of fun. I liked having the wolves appear. The bounties were something that I ignored too often but I liked the chance wolf encounters.

Oh absolutely. They've been one of my favorite parts fo the game since HoW landed; I often had them stack on top of other public events and it was a blast. Just saying we shouldn't mourn them too hard until we know what will replace them.

Which grimoire card do I look at to verify I have all wolves done?
I'm fairly sure you need everything under Enemies>Fallen Hunted. All the cards there are either the prowling wolves bosses for the major bounties, or the wolf bosses that are always spawned in the world for the minor bounties.

If you guys are concerned with the Fallen grimoire it is under Fallen Hunted in the enimies section, You can do all of them on patrol except Skoriks Archon Slayer which has his own mission on the Moon which you need the respective Wanted Bounty to access

Daemul

So I'm seeing people on places like Bungie.net saying that they handed in the bounties they had been saving up for TTK because they thought they would be deleted on Tuesday? Wat?

gif-4.gif

Dat lack of reading comprehension.

Gammacide

Awww yeah! Grats on your Triumph Anastasis!

Rewarded of course with the Twin Elder Ciphers because why not.

I was happy with just getting my last *one*elder cypher so I can at least get the awful dregs gun that I've been missing, though I wouldn't say I've been missing it much. ;) Really happy for Anastasis though--you could hear it in his voice as Skolas dissolved. It was wonderful. Congrats.

Victim and Hawkian are saints!

edit: I inherited a Skolas checkpoint and these two stuck with it for a couple of hours to help me move one giant step closer to completing my triumphs!

The Skolas was angry that day my friends!

No problem, man. I remember when folks stuck with me to get it done. Always an interesting fight. Probably the toughest in the game to date with the right modifiers, like tonight. :p

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I don't know for sure, but probably all the grimoire cards connected to the "WANTED" bounties from Petra, like Kaliks-12, Peekis etc.
On http://destinystatus.com you can easily sort grimoire by missing.

I'm not sure but you could always check destiny tracker's grimoire checklist. It lists you sort by missing grimoire making it easy to find d what you still have left to do.

I'm fairly sure you need everything under Enemies>Fallen Hunted. All the cards there are either the prowling wolves bosses for the major bounties, or the wolf bosses that are always spawned in the world for the minor bounties.
thank you!!!

So I'm seeing people on places like Bungie.net saying that they handed in the bounties they had been saving up for TTK because they thought they would be deleted on Tuesday? Wat?

gif-4.gif

Dat lack of reading comprehension.
Deku did this too

Edit: can't destiny and gaf too

Just caught up with the weekly update, 3 questions:

1. Did I get this right - storing bounties in preparation for TTK won't work?

2. I will get my thorn although I never completed the bounty?

3. What do I need ether keys for?

1) Non Exotic Bounties not completed will disappear on the 8th. Complete should stay completed ready to turn in. Then you can farm the rest of the bounties that whole week (non completed that turns into a free slot + 6 new free bounty slots)

2) Sounds like it. Pretty awesome

3) not sure

FyreWulff

Also, as an aside, the confirmation that you have to kill the wolf patrols now means Bungie is now okay with grimoire being unobtainable after a period of time.

Which means (potentially) the earlier you get into Destiny, the higher your grimoire score ceiling is..

I did my first Weekly Heroic Story today. It didn't go so well. I want prepared for it at all. I died near the end. I'm gonna try and get some better gear before I attempt it again

Can I also ask, what's the best way to earn rep for your faction? Rank 3 seems unreachable. I've just been doing patrol missions and whatever bounties that are available.

Crucible rep gets converted too, right?

Trace

Banned
I did my first Weekly Heroic Story today. It didn't go so well. I want prepared for it at all. I died near the end. I'm gonna try and get some better gear before I attempt it again

Can I also ask, what's the best way to earn rep for your faction? Rank 3 seems unreachable. I've just been doing patrol missions and whatever bounties that are available.

Crucible rep gets converted too, right?

Best way atm is doing the nightfall to get bonus XP/rep, then doing the weekly heroic to get 500 rep + 20%. Then bounties, then strike playlist I believe.

Rep just kinda comes your way over time, I'm at rank 24 vanguard atm.

Shito

Also, as an aside, the confirmation that you have to kill the wolf patrols now means Bungie is now okay with grimoire being unobtainable after a period of time.

Which means (potentially) the earlier you get into Destiny, the higher your grimoire score ceiling is..
They are moving away the grimoire score from he nameplate, though, which kills any incentive for me to work on it. :(

[TOP OF THE EDIT]
fQ3hZiJ.jpg

Top Bottom