• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

And I did, too, kicked Aldia's ass even.

I guess it's kind of hard to tell. I'm stuck fighting Ebrietas for the moment.

Nice! You're pretty close to the end. A week shouldn't be a problem.
Ebrietas is optional so you can return later if you're stuck

New vendor HC with Firefly and Luck in the Chamber? I want!

ich00

I'm the only using honor of blades so yeah.
y'all better not use it, Is mine!
Also I'm gonna post this here in case anyone who isn't on the group wants to join.
https://www.the100.io/gaming_sessions/300237

please help me.

I have a VoG run scheduled at 10, only looks like 3 people are into doing that, so if that falls through or if you dont mind if waiting until that's done I can help get you through Crota no problem. I signed on as a reserve.

but again if it's going to create perceptual issues that are that deep I barely care. It's not worth it :-/

If people who don't plan on using it are going to be that offended and feel the need to be that vocal in their opposition that there is another option to Schedule fireteams , then yea it's not worth the aggravation.

On the flip side to that, shouldn't those same people be mad that the OP lists destinyLFG and reddit.com/r/fireteams, as alternates to finding groups to play with? Doesn't that encourage people to go elsewhere? (rhetorical questions)

Meh, I guess as someone who has posted here looking for groups, not finding any help after multiple posts and waiting a fair amount of time. then going to lfg/reddit and finding people right away, I find it hard to exclude a very viable option to people out there.

to many robs on the forum now.....

Good thing I don't go by my real name

Tjamato88

I might potentially be on tonight so I'm totally down for IB or if someone wants to sherpa me through VoG HM. I've never done the raid on either mode but figured I'd start with HM for the double drops.

GutZ31

Sooooo....
Khepri's Sting gauntlets have a poison over time effect if landed successfully without the target dying right away.
I wonder if the nightstalker smoke grenades with proximity explosion will take on this effect, or if the venom perk for smoke grenades can have a damage increase.

Just some OP thoughts going through my head, doubt they will work...

Deku Tree

thislukesmith:

Legendary Marks: Like the Weekly Heroic in PVE, there's a 3x/week Legendary Mark payout for Weekly PVP playlist. Rituals for PVP players too

Legendary Marks II: But, our goal is to have players finding Rare/Legendary gear in the world or as rewards, rather than buying from Tower

Legendary Marks III: Hopefully you'll be using Marks for an Exotic you love, to fill a slot you haven't looted yet, or to Infuse a fave

Legendary Marks IV: That said, there are some pretty damn sweet Legendary weapons for sale in the Tower: Firefly/Luck in Chamber HC, anyone?

So does this mean that TTK regular strike playlists and regular PvP playlists don't give legendary marks? Why can't they just straight up answer that question yes or no? Everyone is asking them...

zewone

thislukesmith:

Legendary Marks: Like the Weekly Heroic in PVE, there's a 3x/week Legendary Mark payout for Weekly PVP playlist. Rituals for PVP players too

Legendary Marks II: But, our goal is to have players finding Rare/Legendary gear in the world or as rewards, rather than buying from Tower

Legendary Marks III: Hopefully you'll be using Marks for an Exotic you love, to fill a slot you haven't looted yet, or to Infuse a fave

Legendary Marks IV: That said, there are some pretty damn sweet Legendary weapons for sale in the Tower: Firefly/Luck in Chamber HC, anyone?

So does this mean that TTK regular strike playlists and regular PvP playlists don't give legendary marks? Why can't they just straight up answer that question yes or no? Everyone is asking them...
That's exactly what it sounds like.

Legendary marks seem rare which makes upgrading to a Y2 exotic a very serious decision.

Ophelion

They still love dancing around stuff like that. If it's bad news, they need to just rip off the band aid. If it's good news, they really need to learn to tell everyone the good news so we don't spend a week getting worked up over nothing.

My solution to this is not just not get worked up over anything until they confirm it's bad news, but this doesn't work so well for others.

X-Frame

thislukesmith:

I just tweeted Luke again. This is ridiculous. I feel like if the community knew we no longer receive marks in those 2 easy fashions then they'd go nuts. Which is likely why they haven't confirmed it yet.

thislukesmith:

I knew it, the gate will be legendary marks

Kyoufu

So they removed the weekly limit on acquiring Marks.

But they also removed the ability to farm them.

I won't overract until I see how it plays out, but I'm not liking the sound of that.

FyreWulff

I won't overract until I see how it plays out, but I'm not liking the sound of that.

I have a feeling how it works is you'll get a rough equivalent of legendary marks as you would vanmarks via playlists now, but you get them via regular Legendary drops that you can shard than a straight out payout.

Ophelion

This could be completely a non-issue if they've dramatically increased your odds of getting legendaries from doing endgame activities. I mean, he did say he wants people to be getting their gear from drops rather than having to buy it from vendors.

If they did vastly improve your odds of getting purples, might not be that different from getting guaranteed marks. You either get marks in the form of a gun or armor piece or you just get a gun/armor piece that you slot in immediately. If it works like that, that's a far, far more expedient system.

Kyoufu

This could be completely a non-issue if they've dramatically increased your odds of getting legendaries from doing endgame activities. I mean, he did say he wants people to be getting their gear from drops rather than having to buy it from vendors.

If they did vastly improve your odds of getting purples, might not be that different from getting guaranteed marks. You either get marks in the form of a gun or armor piece or you just get a gun/armor piece that you slot in immediately. If it works like that, that's a far, far more expedient system.

Hmm. The question is: How often do we find legendaries and how many marks do they give when dismantled?

don't know, I'm not feeling great

thoughts on this?

pretty much ready to abandon the entire thing in a heartbeat. I feel this is a dramatic misinterpretation of the purpose and effect of the site but barely even care about that if it's going to be perceived so negatively.

I think you did your part here and set up a good option that helps people match make for the things they want to play. Don't get over invested. You already put a ton of effort into doing inclusionary things like newbie raids.

Lets all just try out this scheduling stuff, we'll see if it picks up steam, and keep thinking about how to keep the community a welcoming place. I see enough folks being really helpful and putting in effort to be newbie friendly I think good outcomes will follow from the good intentions. It may never be perfect, but we can only do our best and it isn't helpful to anyone if people like you ends up getting burnt out trying to make it perfect.

That's a kick ass title btw! I would guess that considering we get 3 guaranteed legendaries a week (which you can dismantle for marks) + the marks for the week (enough to by one piece of armour similar to year one hopefully) it shouldn't be to terrible. Will have to wait and see though.

flkraven

There will be a way to farm legendary marks I'm sure. Even if the strike playlist doesn't produce marks after 3 runs, I'm sure enough legendary engrams will drop either from that or from some other activity. I remember a bit ago someone from Bungie was discussing how they wanted better items to drop more frequently from random encounter, like patrolling. Maybe it will be raining engrams. Who knows.

Kyoufu

There will be a way to farm legendary marks I'm sure. Even if the strike playlist doesn't produce marks after 3 runs, I'm sure enough legendary engrams will drop either from that or from some other activity. I remember a bit ago someone from Bungie was discussing how they wanted better items to drop more frequently from random encounter, like patrolling. Maybe it will be raining engrams. Who knows.

Loot Cave 2.0 on the Dreadnaught. That'll get people to buy TTK! :p

Top Bottom