• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

stb

Stuff moves too fast to advertise, that's the thing with the forum that's aggravating when I try to match up. Just put links on the front page and we'll remember to give people the link when they are looking to match up. Let Darwinism decide if this solves this issue in a useful way, and we'll ask for tweaks if something isn't working out.

I don't think this is hurting the community or making it exclusionary. In this thread the predominate posters use the thread to call for groups, end up grouping together most of the time, and then post stories about how much fun they had. I think it's great that there's a group of regulars, but from the outside looking in they look like the only game in town and it could be discouraging for new folks whose posts get buried with no reply. Hopefully the 100 thing alleviates this and helps other folks group up without being lost in the shuffle.

TLDR IMO the 100 thing should help keep new folks from getting left out of groups for activities.

I concur.

If the current set of groups filled up, we'll just find new ways to split groups up so there's always both:
1) room for people to join
2) critical mass for creating games to join

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
FTFY winged friend :p

Seriously just get behind her and do your dirty deeds
yeah I always have weird quirks like this, have to prove to myself I can do something. I haven't used the bolt/fire weapon buffs for very many bosses either, because I always forget on the first couple tries, and then I feel like "well if I can do that much damage without it..."

If I really can't get good enough to beat her head on I'm sure I'll roll back there.

Navy Bean

:-/

I have my fears that the experience you're describing will not be dramatically improved by the inevitable massive activity spike of TTK
I'll keep promoting the Xbox 100 simply because posting on Gaf is not a realistic option for finding games on Xbone...it can be done but you have to get very lucky. PS4 is in a different boat. We'll see how it does once TTK drops.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Would be nice if they allowed revives for the "Heroic" Raids this time around. Perma deaths are mega lame
Ew no. That makes come backs much less cool. Some of the hypest bosses I've seen beat were due to there barely being any of the fire team left.

Ew no. That makes come backs much less cool.

I can see both sides of it.

Like, i hate when someone dies so early on that people don't even want to try with 5 people because why would you want to? So lets all just wipe and start over fresh...

I both agree and disagree with this scenario.

Hzoltan69

Quick question regarding Taken King: I currently have a disc based version of Destiny + Season Pass. If I buy the Taken King Digital Edition (full version), will I be able to keep playing with my existing account? Assuming the answer is 'yes', will I need to re-download or will I be able to use the existing installation?
(Obviously, the whole point would be to get rid of the disc requirement)

todd360

As an xbox one guy, I appreciate the 100 list. Our LFG-ish posts typically get lost here.

I'm not a neogaf celebrity, I hardly post here, etc, but I think anything to bring raid groups together will be helpful.

The 100 chat feature is, in no way, going to replace me coming here for news, rants, raves, etc.

The 100 list is sophisticated ploy by hawkian to reduce the amount of LFG posting in the thread. This will help stop us from getting a new OT every week. He is planning to retake his throne/perch from the usurper. His workload is significantly reduced by the lack of LFG posts, which are a solid 80% of the posts here.

Raid Exclusive exotic should be an artifact called the Crown of Oryx, the Icon should be his ass and it grants you an exclusive emote of you chugging Red Bull cans.

Apparently EJ's stream is hot stuff now!

twitch.tv/ejrobinson90

It was all because of a certain female in the party talking about getting mouthfuls and such. Nobody wants to see me and my pink sniper running around.

thats cuase EJ giggles like a school girl when he teabags a final rounder.
Jk, love ya EJ!

is Tears and EJ both streaming? arent they playing together right now?
Leave no perspective unviewed lol

I never did such thing
hihihi
Also, yes we were playing together. And at some point even Blaze started streaming so we covered all angles. Our three runs are done, won 21 out 22 games not bad :)

stb

I'll keep promoting the Xbox 100 simply because posting on Gaf is not a realistic option for finding games on Xbone...it can be done but you have to get very lucky. PS4 is in a different boat. We'll see how it does once TTK drops.

It's not going to be a realistic option for anyone after the 8th, I'm afraid.

The rate of posting when the 2.0 patch drops is gonna be *bananas*, then it's gonna be even worse when TTK is released because of all the new/returning people.

darthbob

Is there any way to view saved video clips on the ps4?

Yep, go to the Capture Gallery app.

Edit: Since it sounds like you've never used it, it'll probably be hidden away either at the far right of your overall app list, or open up the 'View all Applicatons' app.
i hate the word app.

darknil

Quick question regarding Taken King: I currently have a disc based version of Destiny + Season Pass. If I buy the Taken King Digital Edition (full version), will I be able to keep playing with my existing account? Assuming the answer is 'yes', will I need to re-download or will I be able to use the existing installation?
(Obviously, the whole point would be to get rid of the disc requirement)

I believe you'll need to download vanilla only (and ttk when it releases).

You can use the same account, your bungie account is tied with your psn/gamertag

Coming home tonight after a week of business/consulting training in Texas. I need to run 3NFs, and 3 Weeklys and buy the exotic armor for Warlock and Titan that Xur is selling.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I concur.

If the current set of groups filled up, we'll just find new ways to split groups up so there's always both:
1) room for people to join
2) critical mass for creating games to join
absolutely, this was the direct premise of the split based on the initial data I had. There is never going to be a point where someone who wants to check out the site is locked out from joining.

It's really important to bear in mind that you can be in multiple groups. it's not about picking a subset of players and only playing with those people. It's about grouping more easily with as many players as possible that can play at the same time you can. And by definition everyone on the site is a GAF member....

What if we get a in game red bull vending machine?

That's a great idea! Like a slot machine $1 a pull and you have a 1/100 chance of the redbull shader and a 1/100000 chance of the RedbullMobile ship! But all other pulls give 1 strange coin, that's how they will supplement them dropping from the weekly.

Namikaze1

What the fuck? I complete one game of control. Timer end and I join a match. Match ends before I could even spawn in. Dammit Bungie, we shouldn't be able to join games that are right about to end!
You knew what you were getting yourself into when you started this. Also I demand that you take the titan out of your emblem.
What if I add Sith Lord Warlock to yours?

todd360

That's a great idea! Like a slot machine $1 a pull and you have a 1/100 chance of the redbud shader and a 1/100000 chance of the RedbullMobile ship!

I'm down for that.

I'll buy us some popcorn so we can watch nami and countless others here drain their bank accounts down to nothing.

What the fuck? I complete one game of control. Timer end and I join a match. Match ends before I could even spawn in. Dammit Bungie, we shouldn't be able to join games that are right about to end!

Nobody gets to be special for our 1 year thingy.

SnakeEyes

Banned
That's a great idea! Like a slot machine $1 a pull and you have a 1/100 chance of the redbud shader and a 1/100000 chance of the RedbullMobile ship!
Sounds like Rahool came up with those drop rates. They're villainous!

I'm down for that.
I'll buy us some popcorn so we can watch nami and countless others here drain their bank accounts down to nothing.
Todd's getting ready already, I see.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The 100 list is sophisticated ploy by hawkian to reduce the amount of LFG posting in the thread. This will help stop us from getting a new OT every week. He is planning to retake his throne/perch from the usurper. His workload is significantly reduced by the lack of LFG posts, which are a solid 80% of the posts here.
alack. someone hath finally figured me out!

lol... in all seriousness, I really don't foresee use of the100 to have that marked an impact on the number or proportion of LFG posts in this thread. Especially once TTK is out in the wild.

phen0m24

As an xbox one guy, I appreciate the 100 list. Our LFG-ish posts typically get lost here.

I'm not a neogaf celebrity, I hardly post here, etc, but I think anything to bring raid groups together will be helpful.

The 100 chat feature is, in no way, going to replace me coming here for news, rants, raves, etc.

Add me (if you haven't already) GT same as gaf.

My 11 year old is on a lot of the time. He's a good kid and great at pvp - should your 9 y/o be at the controller. :)

Mindlog

The 100 is the ultimate tool to bring Sherpas and new GAF together. That's where it could really thrive.
yeah I always have weird quirks like this, have to prove to myself I can do something. I haven't used the bolt/fire weapon buffs for very many bosses either, because I always forget on the first couple tries, and then I feel like "well if I can do that much damage without it..."

If I really can't get good enough to beat her head on I'm sure I'll roll back there.
That boss was one of my hardest. I remember the memory leakers telling me to just stay at her side -_- That did not work. Have to be nimble and punish with the cane when possible.

My Warlock has every faction ready to except New Monarchy (for the weeklies) and Variks (because who cares?)
Even my Cryptarch will flip on the next engram. The engram I happen to have sitting at my Postmaster.
Time to order TTK.

todd360

alack. someone hath finally figured me out!

lol... in all seriousness, I really don't foresee use of the100 to have that marked an impact on the number or proportion of LFG posts in this thread. Especially once TTK is out in the wild.

Your tag should be changed to LFG's bane lol

EL CUCO

Ew no. That makes come backs much less cool. Some of the hypest bosses I've seen beat were due to there barely being any of the fire team left.
Nah its just artificial difficulty. "Yay we beat it!" while the others that died are at home making a sandwich.
What if they made an exotic piece of armor (for each class maybe?) that allowed you to be revived on hard mode?
That is actually a pretty cool idea.

Namikaze1

I'm down for that.

Nobody gets to be special for our 1 year thingy.
You might want to tell that to Mindlog. I already switched my emblem with the Be Brave one. Doesn't have the Titan. Mindlog's has a warlock though...

GlamFM

Banned
Almost embarrassed to ask this question, but.... here you go:

Where is the Salvage PvP mode? Need to play it apparently to get one of my last 3 missing achievement, but I can find it.

Don´t care so much about PvP... as you can see...

The element... of surprise!

...I'll see myself out.

But seriously, I'd like to see an exotic primary with random elemental damage on trigger pull/bullet fired.

I'll be honest... that doesn't sound fun.

Like, it could be fun if the mechanics for elements were currently different, but as it stands, that would be terrible.

You'd only have a 33% chance of firing the right element at a shielded target. Meaning an overall DPS decrease.

Where is the Salvage PvP mode? Need to play it apparently to get one of my last 3 missing achievement, but I can find it.

Is on rotation with Combined arms and Iron Banana. Have to wait till it comes back.

Tecnniqe

Banned
absolutely, this was the direct premise of the split based on the initial data I had. There is never going to be a point where someone who wants to check out the site is locked out from joining.

It's really important to bear in mind that you can be in multiple groups. it's not about picking a subset of players and only playing with those people. It's about grouping more easily with as many players as possible that can play at the same time you can. And by definition everyone on the site is a GAF member....

Its a really nice system and worked flawlessly the first few hours it was out and i used it.
Got like 4 raids in a row all with new people for the most part.

Easy to use, clean, actually got a system to it and a nice structured way of seeing who joined, time it starts, whats needed and so on

GI interview was very good.
Petra's quest line is supposed to be long and it will have Variks as well, could be for the 347 Vesta Dynasty, who knows, but it will be how the Awoken are tangled in the Taken War. Ahhhh

It's in the weekly crucible rotation with combined arms and the like. You'll find it on the regular crucible screen when it's up. Not sure if it's next week or what though.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Nah its just artificial difficulty. "Yay we beat it!" while the others that died are at home making a sandwich.
I mean, what's wrong with that? Raids are supposed to be a team experience. I mean if you can do it with less than 6 people more power to ya, but if you can't then good, raids should be a team effort where people pull their weight. Not saying every team member needs to have the same skill level but there're should be a base level of skill especially for the hard raid.

GI interview was very good.
Petra's quest line is supposed to be long and it will have Variks as well, could be for the 347 Vesta Dynasty, who knows, but it will be how the Awoken are tangled in the Taken War. Ahhhh

Was excited to know they would probably return after that
achievement list spoiler mentioning wolves on mars.

lol before they found an extra megabyte of memory to allocate to double vault space, they were only able to add 3 more vault space. but they wanted to go further because they couldn't boast about 3 extra spaces in patch notes.

Mindlog

You might want to tell that to Mindlog. I already switched my emblem with the Be Brave one. Doesn't have the Titan. Mindlog's has a warlock though...
I can fix it :]
Or I can put everyone's main character on their emblem if they want.
Nope. Not doing that. I'll make sure my replacement brick is the same size to make it easy.

Speaking of... If it makes your work easier you should list the exact size each banner should be.

Top Bottom