• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Navy Bean

Each week players receive bonus Legendary Marks from the Weekly Heroic Playlist. These awards are received at the Account level rather than the character level - as was the case with Year One Weekly Heroic Rewards.

Also the 3 run "limit" seems to just refer to the weekly Mark BONUS

Meaning subsequent runs after 3 give out less marks?

Not sure on this since the wording isnt clear

Luke Smith just tweeted a few things about legendary marks if you're interested.

"Legendary Marks II: But, our goal is to have players finding Rare/Legendary gear in the world or as rewards, rather than buying from Tower."

Top Page: here, have a Hand Cannon:

1209127751331350599.jpg

Luke Smith just tweeted a few things about legendary marks if you're interested.

"Legendary Marks II: But, our goal is to have players finding Rare/Legendary gear in the world or as rewards, rather than buying from Tower."

Top Page, here have a Hand Cannon:

2bd4bd7e-8bde-4dc1-9c46-2541666fe471.png

Well the way it sounds

It seems like legendary gear will be the main source of marks since there are actually more ways to drop gear than there is to earn marks...

Who knows... The average flow of earning marks shoudl become clear once we start playing

random question: I want to play a hunter when TTK drops and I currently don't have one. Should I just wait until it releases and use that item to get me to lvl 25 or work on lvling one up over the next few weeks?

you can at least get it ready. create the character and make it to the tower. that way you just have to walk over to special orders and grab it.

The Insta 25 boost has me curious about a few things.
they said they are going to give you appropriate leveled gear with it. but do you get to pick what you use, like scout rifle or handcannon?

also are they going to fill in one or both of the old sublasses? seems pretty tough to walk into a mission without a jump or a grenade or something.

I did watch the story mission video from Planet destiny. it game him some rare gear and he was level 25. he tried jumping and could not. he went to the sublcass and all the bubbles were unlocked. could this be right after the 25 level boost?

LTWood12

Exciting. Though, I'll temper my expectations on that. If it's a low magazine size w/ slow reload that's a deal killer.

phen0m24

I'm thinking about risking divorce and buying the Sony Gold Wireless Headset on my way home. Do people here use them? Is it worth it? I have a 7.1 system connected to my TV but to use it at anything close to a high volume causes my dogs to freak out so I'm hoping these will let me actually hear the games the way they're supposed to be heard.

Any impressions would be appreciated!

Love them! Bought my son a set as well. :)

technically it's the colonel's fault. I didn't know it existed until he led me to eva levante's sultry embrace.

I remember that night we were doing nightfall or a raid and we went straight to the tower before starting anything.
I think

I'm actually going to Target because of price-matching with Amazon :)

Check Walmart as they've been on sale - might be a better price match candidate. :)

phen0m24

I'm waiting for the catch: It'll have 5 shot!

Uh, guys?

Luke is the VoG designer so of course, he's gotta give us FB 2.0!

Yes! Where is realcZk

homerdrooling.gif

probably has a 4 round chamber

eh, dont care, want it anyway

Listen to you weirdos complaining about a 20% or better yet 25% chance of extra damage proc-ing. Smack

Sends trance and Rob to Consumer Math class

TAUGHT BY MATH, of course

;)

I cannot believe that they're doing all of this to make playing Destiny less of a job/ chore and practically requiring 3x characters. I could just cry. Destiny is already a game I have a hard time putting down. They're making it 10x better, but they're also trying not to kill me with it all. Bungie's all like "Play the character you like. Don't grind yourself silly. We'll get you good loot. Enjoy the game, not the grind."

40727-Emma-Stone-crying-gif-Le1z.gif

E92 M3

Uh, guys?

Yes! Where is realcZk

Listen to you weirdos complaining about a 20% or better yet 25% chance of extra damage proc-ing. Smack

;)

Haha, I'd prefer to shooter more shots with less reloading then proc-ing stronger bullets ;)

I cannot believe that they're doing all of this to make playing Destiny less of a job/ chore and practically requiring 3x characters. I could just cry. Destiny is already a game I have a hard time putting down. They're making it 10x better, but they're also trying not to kill me with it all. Bungie's all like "Play the character you like. Don't grind yourself silly. We'll get you good loot. Enjoy the game, not the grind."

Its fucking beautiful right?!?!

Uh, guys?

Yes! Where is realcZk

;)

But but reload.....

Math hates math

Will we have an asterisk next to glord status now that there are new trophies?

flkraven

It genuinely feels like they care about your well-being!

nintendowii21.jpg

LkPr

you can at least get it ready. create the character and make it to the tower. that way you just have to walk over to special orders and grab it.

The Insta 25 boost has me curious about a few things.
they said they are going to give you appropriate leveled gear with it. but do you get to pick what you use, like scout rifle or handcannon?

also are they going to fill in one or both of the old sublasses? seems pretty tough to walk into a mission without a jump or a grenade or something.

I did watch the story mission video from Planet destiny. it game him some rare gear and he was level 25. he tried jumping and could not. he went to the sublcass and all the bubbles were unlocked. could this be right after the 25 level boost?

to be honest I have the same questions - it will be interesting to see how that is going to work. And as for character creation, Ive gotten that far :) lol actually I think the hunter I made is level 2 right now - maybe played 1 mission.

Mindlog

They did all that to save you time so you can participate in the new weekly per character pvp grind.

EloquentM

aka Mannny

Waiting for the complaints about things not changing since vanilla so I can quote this lovely post.

For real. I only have one character and it's nice Bungie is no longer penalizing me because of it. I don't want to play multiple characters I've barely got time for 1.

EL CUCO

Ron-Swanson-Fist-Of-Feels-Success.gif

GhaleonEB

1) I like those TTK achievements/trophies.
2) One is to complete the raid on "Heroic" - not Hard. Luke said in the Edge article there would be more than just normal and hard. The Heroic nomenclature implies it might use modifiers (specifically, the Heroic skull). That would be pretty neat as a third option between Normal and Hard.

phen0m24

But but reload.....

Rapid reload gauntlets. Claps hands problem solved.

He quit the game. I'm trying to bring him back. Will keep you updated on my progress.

That's why he never answers messages... problem: not solved

They did all that to save you time so you can participate in the new weekly per character pvp grind.

Give Mindlog noomi's cookie. ;) You KNOW deep in the bowels of BNG HQ they aren't saying "Let's figure out how to reduce those hours played each day..." Not by a longshot. They're sneakily advocating "play smarter not harder."

;)

Tecnniqe

Banned
2) One is to complete the raid on "Heroic" - not Hard. Luke said in the Edge article there would be more than just normal and hard. The Heroic nomenclature implies it might use modifiers (specifically, the Heroic skull). That would be pretty neat as a third option between Normal and Hard.

DGAF playing Heroic Raid
smashed-computer.gif

E92 M3

Spoilers - even though I expected that =/

shenze

Banned
i think it would be interesting if they made a raid mode where if you're entire team wipes, it starts you at the beginning of the raid like nightfalls, but if you succeed you get the best weapons in the game. I realize this could be insanely frustating, so maybe only add it in VoG and Crota first and then add it on later to the new raid when people have learned its mechanics.

darthbob

For getting packages from factions, they start at rank 3 correct? I got some work to do before TTK it seems.

Yup, except for Variks. He'll give a 'package' once a week on reset if you reach Rank 2 with him. It mostly just has mats and ammo synths, but it's nice.

but thought heroic=hard?
its gonna pretty eye opening when we hit level 36 and VOG goes from the green normal to grey easy. oh how far weve come.

Top Page: here, have a Hand Cannon:

1209127751331350599.jpg

I wish they would stop punishing players who just want to buy their gear from vendors instead of hoping for RNG to drop random shit

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Ghaleon laughs at your attempt to spoiler chievos

I wish they would stop punishing players who just want to buy their gear from vendors instead of hoping for RNG to drop random shit
Um they said they're trying NOT to do that (rely heavily on rng) which is why marks are a non-issue it seems.

Ophelion

I had a remarkably good night with IB last night. About halfway through, something clicked and I completely changed my loadout and started winning a whole lot more. Forget hand cannons and shotguns. I'm apparently a scout and sniper rifle sort of guy. I guess I should've figured this out a while ago. I'm quite accurate, but I couldn't win a shotgun quickdraw to save my life (proof: all the times I've died in a shotgun quickdraw.)

I'm finding it extremely satisfying doing hit and runs on the other team from extreme distances. I've been providing support to people more than happy to rush in and getting a few quick kills before vanishing back into safe places before emerging again from a different angle, direction or elevation if at all possible on the map. I'm loving that it feels like I can cover more conflict areas nearly simultaneously this way, just keeping an eye on the radar and pivoting to take aim on whatever area the badguys have decided to push.

I mean, maybe I just got lucky and played a bunch of people who sucked in a row, but I felt like with a few small adjustments I went from being a guppy to a goddamn shark. Feels good, man. Feels real good. I'll have to keep it up, see if it was a fluke or if I just found my PvP calling.

but thought heroic=hard?
its gonna pretty eye opening when we hit level 36 and VOG goes from the green normal to grey easy. oh how far weve come.

It's amazing isn't it?
I like these changes, I've been wanting to just play with my Warlock, but after hearing about all these changes. It makes me really happy that we are going to be grinding WAY less now.

Sent you a PM Nami.

But just because my paint skills are terrible and it took a long time haha:

DlRhjOi.png

Who would've though circle cropping is difficult -_-

EDIT Bottom of page HYPE!

Top Bottom