• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Raybunny

Some sexy stream right here, If you want to have some fun time:

http://www.twitch.tv/unstablelive

l-White-Bunny.jpg

flkraven

i think it would be interesting if they made a raid mode where if you're entire team wipes, it starts you at the beginning of the raid like nightfalls, but if you succeed you get the best weapons in the game. I realize this could be insanely frustating, so maybe only add it in VoG and Crota first and then add it on later to the new raid when people have learned its mechanics.

I doubt they do that since they are removing that whipe-to-orbit mechanic from current Nightfalls.

EL CUCO

i think it would be interesting if they made a raid mode where if you're entire team wipes, it starts you at the beginning of the raid like nightfalls, but if you succeed you get the best weapons in the game. I realize this could be insanely frustating, so maybe only add it in VoG and Crota first and then add it on later to the new raid when people have learned its mechanics.
IbG58oB.jpg

I had a remarkably good night with IB last night. About halfway through, something clicked and I completely changed my loadout and started winning a whole lot more. Forget hand cannons and shotguns. I'm apparently a scout and sniper rifle sort of guy. I guess I should've figured this out a while ago. I'm quite accurate, but I couldn't win a shotgun quickdraw to save my life (proof: all the times I've died in a shotgun quickdraw.)

I'm finding it extremely satisfying doing hit and runs on the other team from extreme distances. I've been providing support to people more than happy to rush in and getting a few quick kills before vanishing back into safe places before emerging again from a different angle, direction or elevation if at all possible on the map. I'm loving that it feels like I can cover more conflict areas nearly simultaneously this way, just keeping an eye on the radar and pivoting to take aim on whatever area the badguys have decided to push.

I mean, maybe I just got lucky and played a bunch of people who sucked in a row, but I felt like with a few small adjustments I went from being a guppy to a goddamn shark. Feels good, man. Feels real good. I'll have to keep it up, see if it was a fluke or if I just found my PvP calling.

You definitely have to find what works for you. I'm not a great pvp player in the slightest, but I have my best success when I just say screw it and play hyper aggressive. Pulse rifles are my go to (Bad Juju, All-Fate, Spare Change.25, etc) though. I suck with everything else.

phen0m24

You definitely have to find what works for you. I'm not a great pvp player in the slightest, but I have my best success when I just say screw it and play hyper aggressive. Pulse rifles are my go to (Bad Juju, All-Fate, Spare Change.25, etc) though. I suck with everything else.

Rob you sound exactly like my son. He can go all Zoba and go nuts 1 on 1 and do well.

I do better when I defend (I should have thought of that, I play Defender Titan) and throw bubbles over points, armor of light and my shotgun do work.

When I did the Thorn bounty on xbox I took my time but was doing well when I was conscientious about how I played. Lol different strokes

jaaz

I agree. I love my Monte Carlo and still use it despite the nerf. Can't wait for it to get buffed.

Also really like the Abyss Defiant. But it makes me sad how much greater it was pre-nerf.

Tjamato88

Love pulse rifles. Easily my best weapon type. I think it's because the remind me of the BR from the Halo series. I have my All-Fate fully upgraded and love it. It's a great weapon in IB.

I'm okay with the sniper rifle too.

Furyous

Came up two levels by repurchasing the crest of alpha lupi for my hunter class. This game's economy screwed me again as I spent 23 motes of light on Xur's engram which decrypted into a warlock leg armor.

Love pulse rifles. Easily my best weapon type. I think it's because the remind me of the BR from the Halo series. I have my All-Fate fully upgraded and love it. It's a great weapon in IB.

I'm okay with the sniper rifle too.

All-fate may be my favorite primary in the game. Mine has handlaid stock and rangefinder. I can three burst snipers across the map, it's beast.

I agree. I love my Monte Carlo and still use it despite the nerf. Can't wait for it to get buffed.

Also really like the Abyss Defiant. But it makes me sad how much greater it was pre-nerf.

I was using the Carlo last night. I had a 2/1 KD with it. It's actually not bad with the nerf. The only problem I had was running into a good thorn or TLW user.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I stopped following the thread last week just so I would bear down and finally finish Bloodborne.

How far along are you? I remember you rushing to get Dark Souls II done before HoW.
And I did, too, kicked Aldia's ass even.

I guess it's kind of hard to tell. I'm stuck fighting Ebrietas for the moment.
You are the champion of the underdog weapons.
Kinda yeah. I was rocking Monte Carlo from launch too

flkraven

Why don't they just make more enemies that have Kinetic shields and are immune to burns, so burnless weapons don't feel so useless in PvE?

Ophelion

All-fate may be my favorite primary in the game. Mine has handlaid stock and rangefinder. I can three burst snipers across the map, it's beast.

My problem with All-Fate is that, while it looks pretty sweet, it's a bit bulky and takes up more of the screen than I'm completely comfortable with when not ADS. I have the same complaint about Thorn. Thing is a beast, but it's got a fat ass and I don't like feeling like I'm having to look around my guns to see the enemy.

Top Bottom