• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Gotta run my lvl 32 Titan through PoE 32 along with a friend who's 31 (just finished HoW).
Any good DGAF soul want to help out?
Msg me @ j0hnny_385 (PSN)

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
So annoying when the whole team goes to the first control point rather than splitting up. I can't believe the lack of mic usage in this game.

pixxxelz

I have a VoG run scheduled at 10, only looks like 3 people are into doing that, so if that falls through or if you dont mind if waiting until that's done I can help get you through Crota no problem. I signed on as a reserve.

Thanks, doesn't look like anyone else wants to do it though. 😔
GAF please
I'd help you out with your VOG since I haven't done it this week but I don't think I'll be home before 10:30.

shermas

So annoying when the whole team goes to the first control point rather than splitting up. I can't believe the lack of mic usage in this game.

I agree. Nobody talks.

Although, I'm playing like an idiot today. I let my 9 year old play a bit yesterday and today during IB, too. Not sure that's helping my team very much.

Meh, that's not that bad of a thing really.

The more people in the point the faster it captures, plus the team gets 75 points for every person in the zone when it's captured.

So if all 6 people stand in the first point at the beginning, it only takes a literal second, and boom 450pts to start with.

Still listening, but they're talking about Quarterly balancing patches. :D

Edit: a few more points

• No conversion/exchange for Etheric Light. May change.
  • No exact time on 9/15 for TK launch yet. As it gets closer, they'll tweet out a time.
  • Luke calls year 1: D14 and Destiny 1.
  • Nightfall is 280 light.
  • Goal with light is to make light differences less severe. 32->33 is huge difference. 265->269 feels like progress, won't be a huge deterrent to playing with a 274 character.
  • People didn't optimize at all in Year 1 because max power took so long. They want you to get to max Power quickly, so you can get more gear and optimize.
  • A lot of thoughts on trying to get a healthy community.

That's all up to 16:00. I gotta head out.

A lot of very technical / philosophical answers. Glorious.

Silvard

thislukesmith:

Legendary Marks: Like the Weekly Heroic in PVE, there's a 3x/week Legendary Mark payout for Weekly PVP playlist. Rituals for PVP players too

Legendary Marks II: But, our goal is to have players finding Rare/Legendary gear in the world or as rewards, rather than buying from Tower

Legendary Marks III: Hopefully you'll be using Marks for an Exotic you love, to fill a slot you haven't looted yet, or to Infuse a fave

Legendary Marks IV: That said, there are some pretty damn sweet Legendary weapons for sale in the Tower: Firefly/Luck in Chamber HC, anyone?

So does this mean that TTK regular strike playlists and regular PvP playlists don't give legendary marks? Why can't they just straight up answer that question yes or no? Everyone is asking them...

Yeah, everything had been sounding too good to be true. Come TTK I fully expect to run into some boneheaded design decisions conceived to "pace" progression. Vanilla Destiny inspired absolutely no confidence in Bungie's ability to design systems for an MMO-lite. While I'm sure they've reacted to feedback I'm not 100% sure that they've improved that much.

woohoo, gameinformer podcast!
About Destiny!

Not the same since Dan left :(

grill em! matt miller or whoever is doing it.

gonna have a listen now

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Meh, that's not that bad of a thing really.

The more people in the point the faster it captures, plus the team gets 75 points for every person in the zone when it's captured.

So if all 6 people stand in the first point at the beginning, it only takes a literal second, and boom 450pts to start with.

Ah right. Didn't know the more people capturing gains more. Kinda annoying then when you're about to capture and someone leaves. If they stayed they'd gain us an extra 75 points right?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ebrietas is optional so you can return later if you're stuck
Not my style. ;P
On the flip side to that, shouldn't those same people be mad that the OP lists destinyLFG and reddit.com/r/fireteams, as alternates to finding groups to play with? Doesn't that encourage people to go elsewhere? (rhetorical questions)
and group with people who aren't even on gaf, yeah. just feel very confused and disillusioned about the whole thing.
I think you did your part here and set up a good option that helps people match make for the things they want to play. Don't get over invested. You already put a ton of effort into doing inclusionary things like newbie raids.

Lets all just try out this scheduling stuff, we'll see if it picks up steam, and keep thinking about how to keep the community a welcoming place. I see enough folks being really helpful and putting in effort to be newbie friendly I think good outcomes will follow from the good intentions. It may never be perfect, but we can only do our best and it isn't helpful to anyone if people like you ends up getting burnt out trying to make it perfect.
yeah, this might not make a whole lot of sense but I do feel invested, precisely because it's not actually something I have much (if any) use for myself. I mean I put a fair amount of effort and thought into something that was intended only to be for the benefit of other people here. I was honestly looking over the membership data from the test group for hours yesterday trying to decide the best way to offer multiple groups, set up two of them and made a graphic to explain and link to them. But I'd even be okay with being told I did all of that for nothing. It's being told it's actually going to harm the community in some way that pretty much leaves me feeling like shit.

I was going to keep promoting it by reposting the graphic every few pages and look into having links included in the OP and so on. I'm pretty positive from analyzing the initial activity that it would definitely help it "pick up steam." but I've lost my motivation to do that.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Dude. What worked for me.

Get behind her, go all arc damage with LHB and try to roll between her tail tendril-whatevers. Hack away like a champ. Profit.
I'm not using LHB, thought from a few tries it does sort of seem like I could do this with BoM.... except... I sort of want to beat her fighting her head on with the Threaded Cane. I'm weird :p

xinek

I was going to keep promoting it by reposting the graphic every few pages and look into having links included in the OP and so on. I'm pretty positive from analyzing the initial activity that it would definitely help it "pick up steam." but I've lost my motivation to do that.

That sucks, because as a noob, it feels like I can't get a word in edgewise, and any LFG request scrolls off so fast that even if people were willing to play with someone they don't know and haven't been playing with for a year already, they wouldn't necessarily even see the request.

Edit: Ebrietas sux.

Ah right. Didn't know the more people capturing gains more. Kinda annoying then when you're about to capture and someone leaves. If they stayed they'd gain us an extra 75 points right?

True, but if you know what you're doing, you can abuse the "lag" of it a little bit.

Usually, I time my captures so I've technically left the point, but I still activate the capture and get the credit for it even though I'm standing just outside the ring sprinting away.

As a trick, you can pay attention to how many points each team gets at the very beginning to get a quick idea of how many enemies went to the middle point for a capture. Pretty helpful on certain maps.

thislukesmith:

Legendary Marks: Like the Weekly Heroic in PVE, there's a 3x/week Legendary Mark payout for Weekly PVP playlist. Rituals for PVP players too

Legendary Marks II: But, our goal is to have players finding Rare/Legendary gear in the world or as rewards, rather than buying from Tower

Legendary Marks III: Hopefully you'll be using Marks for an Exotic you love, to fill a slot you haven't looted yet, or to Infuse a fave

Legendary Marks IV: That said, there are some pretty damn sweet Legendary weapons for sale in the Tower: Firefly/Luck in Chamber HC, anyone?

So does this mean that TTK regular strike playlists and regular PvP playlists don't give legendary marks? Why can't they just straight up answer that question yes or no? Everyone is asking them...

because the answer is probably, "No" :/

ocean

Banned
1) I like those TTK achievements/trophies.
2) One is to complete the raid on "Heroic" - not Hard. Luke said in the Edge article there would be more than just normal and hard. The Heroic nomenclature implies it might use modifiers (specifically, the Heroic skull). That would be pretty neat as a third option between Normal and Hard.
Hard is already Heroic, with the skull modifier and everything. This is no different.

GunnerZ

Follow my twitch http://www.twitch.tv/t0p_gunner to see the die hard journey of me and Recks (some know as XO) complete 25 (maybe more) flawless runs of Trial of Osiris spread out from today till Sunday, we're cramming as much flawlesses can we can today so come check it out if your board :D

Next week is the 300 win challenge say to on for that next week :D

darknil

What are the best CPs to store on the raids? I know that for VoG it seems that those are Gorgons and Atheon.

Crota only Crota?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
That sucks, because as a noob, it feels like I can't get a word in edgewise, and any LFG request scrolls off so fast that even if people were willing to play with someone they don't know and haven't been playing with for a year already, they wouldn't necessarily even see the request.

Edit: Ebrietas sux.
:-/

I have my fears that the experience you're describing will not be dramatically improved by the inevitable massive activity spike of TTK

phen0m24

Follow my twitch http://www.twitch.tv/t0p_gunner to see the die hard journey of me and Recks (some know as XO) complete 25 (maybe more) flawless runs of Trial of Osiris spread out from today till Sunday, we're cramming as much flawlesses can we can today so come check it out if your board :D

Next week is the 300 win challenge say to on for that next week :D

If you guys need Noobs/bad pvpers to prove your worth as a dominating two man wrecking crew let me know: PSN: colonelocorn ;)

Better yet, I remember what happened to Taeshi. Maybe I should divorce myself from ToO. :(

stb

Hard is already Heroic, with the skull modifier and everything. This is no different.

That's what I thought. When you go down into a HM raid, and bring up the ghost, I thought it said "heroic" in the bottom right or whatever.

phen0m24

I'm crazy for not using LHB, though from a few tries it does sort of seem like I could do this with BoM.... except... I am a masochist and sort of want to beat her fighting her head on with the Threaded Cane. I'm weird :p

FTFY winged friend :p

Seriously just get behind her and do your dirty deeds

Not my style. ;P

and group with people who aren't even on gaf, yeah. just feel very confused and disillusioned about the whole thing.

yeah, this might not make a whole lot of sense but I do feel invested, precisely because it's not actually something I have much (if any) use for myself. I mean I put a fair amount of effort and thought into something that was intended only to be for the benefit of other people here. I was honestly looking over the membership data from the test group for hours yesterday trying to decide the best way to offer multiple groups, set up two of them and made a graphic to explain and link to them. But I'd even be okay with being told I did all of that for nothing. It's being told it's actually going to harm the community in some way that pretty much leaves me feeling like shit.

Stuff moves too fast to advertise, that's the thing with the forum that's aggravating when I try to match up. Just put links on the front page and we'll remember to give people the link when they are looking to match up. Let Darwinism decide if this solves this issue in a useful way, and we'll ask for tweaks if something isn't working out.

I don't think this is hurting the community or making it exclusionary. In this thread the predominate posters use the thread to call for groups, end up grouping together most of the time, and then post stories about how much fun they had. I think it's great that there's a group of regulars, but from the outside looking in they look like the only game in town and it could be discouraging for new folks whose posts get buried with no reply. Hopefully the 100 thing alleviates this and helps other folks group up without being lost in the shuffle.

TLDR IMO the 100 thing should help keep new folks from getting left out of groups for activities.

shermas

As an xbox one guy, I appreciate the 100 list. Our LFG-ish posts typically get lost here.

I'm not a neogaf celebrity, I hardly post here, etc, but I think anything to bring raid groups together will be helpful.

The 100 chat feature is, in no way, going to replace me coming here for news, rants, raves, etc.

Top Bottom