• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

ocean

Banned
My clan would beat your clans :O
You're a sweaty Cryptarch breh, GAF clans are mostly open to anyone and very rarely if ever concentrate on high level play outside a few people on each clan.

Just you wait tho. I'll get the hang of this Jumper thing eventually. By then the game will have private matches probably :p and I'll 1v1 you to get back at all the bullshit decrypt trolling you did for us at launch

Of the current Skolases (Skoli?), which is the worst? Is it angry or lightswitch?

From hardest to easiest:

1.) small arms and light switch
2.) angry and catapult
3.) brawler and juggler

Each set is supposed to have a useful and a harmful modifier but small arms reduces Heavy weapon damage so it does more harm than good imo.

You're a sweaty Cryptarch breh, GAF clans are mostly open to anyone and very rarely if ever concentrate on high level play outside a few people on each clan.

Just you wait tho. I'll get the hang of this Jumper thing eventually. By then the game will have private matches probably :p and I'll 1v1 you to get back at all the bullshit decrypt trolling you did for us at launch

I tried out Jumper yesterday in some Clash matches. I kept accidentally throwing grenades. :/

Skele7on

Banned

wanna play tonight? My NLB has an itchy trigger....

My scuf is due to arrive tomorrow too... HAHAHAHAHAH so 1v1 anytime brah

Raybunny

Invigorate K/D: 2.07

haha Ray you love my NLB swagger.

Ofc I do.

xkMz0Dw.gif

Lets pvp some peeps!

darthbob

Bungie says, "Oh you like TPP? Well Sept 8th is Weapon 2.0 AND new gunsmith AND come try out new PVP modes/maps until TTK drops" Whoever came up with that idea is one smart bastard.

First thing I thought of.

There's no way this wasn't a calculated move to get people away from MGSV.

Tovarisc

Has Bungie said anything about adjusting heavy ammo meta in PvP? Now bumrushing heavy spawn with nova, bladedancer etc. and wiping out enemy team is way too powerful tactic because you can't gain heavy from killing enemies that has heavy. For good team this gives rather sick advantage.

E92 M3

Has Bungie said anything about adjusting heavy ammo meta in PvP? Now bumrushing heavy spawn with nova, bladedancer etc. and wiping out enemy team is way too powerful tactic because you can't gain heavy from killing enemies that has heavy. For good team this gives rather sick advantage.

The heave ammo drop has a huge drop radius - there is absolutely no need to bunch up around it. Hopefully, Bungie doesn't change it so I can keep using my Nova Bomb on uninformed people lol.

Is my understanding correct that next tuesday (8th) you can hit level 34 through experience instead of light? And if that is the case, once i hit 34, i still have time to do skolas for my feats?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
This clan talk is making me sad that TTK doesn't seem to include anything that actually makes clans more worthwhile/have an actual presence in the game.

Tovarisc

The heave ammo drop has a huge drop radius - there is absolutely no need to bunch up around it. Hopefully, Bungie doesn't change it so I can keep using my Nova Bomb on uninformed people lol.

Range of Nova Bombs damage is a lot larger than pick up radius of heavy, but yeah... keep bumrushing it for free kills and give huge advantage to your team. Yes it's valid tactic, but same time I think it's retarded meta created by Bungie where suicide running to do such blocks give huge rewards. I have seen some people argue that heavy ammo isn't that important or that this makes game more "competitive", but I think that is just delusional talk considering how large force multiplier heavy ammo is and how non competitive game Destiny is because of BS [e.g. supers giving godmode] in its design.

Also to get my triumphs done I need Skolas, CE HM, VoG HM and the 20 golden chests. Can I do it?

Easy enough. They extended the Triumphs deadline to Sept 14.

Drop radius is only 15 meters I believe, but I agree they don't need to change it. Rushing the other heavy is a high risk, high reward type play. A big teamwork play since you lose out on your own heavy if it fails.

X-Frame

I can't see how Golden Gun won't be the best super in Mayhem -- or am I missing something?

Does it one-shot full health Bladedancers and Sunsingers w/ Radiant Skin?

E92 M3

Range of Nova Bombs damage is a lot larger than pick up radius of heavy, but yeah... keep bumrushing it for free kills and give huge advantage to your team. Yes it's valid tactic, but same time I think it's retarded meta created by Bungie where suicide running to do such blocks give huge rewards. I have seen some people argue that heavy ammo isn't that important or that this makes game more "competitive", but I think that is just delusional talk considering how large force multiplier heavy ammo is and how non competitive game Destiny is because of BS [e.g. supers giving godmode] in its design.

It's not actually because I've dodged tons of panic fists and bombs. The radius is very generous - try it out and see! ;)

Easy enough. They extended the Triumphs deadline to Sept 14.

Drop radius is only 15 meters I believe, but I agree they don't need to change it. Rushing the other heavy is a high risk, high reward type play. A big teamwork play since you lose out on your own heavy if it fails.

Didn't they increase it from 15 meters? I know I never stand close to heavy ammo and get it all the time.

ocean

Banned
I can't see how Golden Gun won't be the best super in Mayhem -- or am I missing something?

Blade dancers yes. Radiant Skin: not if they wear The Ram. Also doesn't kill Titans during their Panic animation.

Acidote

How do I know if I have succesfully preordered TKK from the Playstation Store? It asked me for my password but then nothing happened.

Because as soon as people hear that activation noise, everyone is going to turn their attention and launch their supers/grenade accordingly.

Both Hunter supers come with giant audio announcements that they have been activated.

Tovarisc

It's not actually because I've dodged tons of panic fists and bombs. The radius is very generous - try it out and see! ;)

Oh I have tried and seen, radius of nova bomb can be very generous. I have been able to obliterate whole spread out, heavy ammo picking, team with single Nova and I have been destroyed by nova and/or fist even when boosted far and high away from impact. Heavy blockrushing is super effective tactic and gives noticeable advantages because you can't get heavy from killing players who have heavy.

It would help if supers could be countered reliably, but moment you put 12g slug through head of warlock from pretty much point blank range and do 0 damage you just throw your hands up from frustration.

Juraash

Oh Xur, you glorious bastard, I was hoping to nab both those helmets before the expansion. Thanks for bringing them both at once :D

Edit: Also delayed thanks to those who responded to my pulse rifle question last night. Definitely appreciate it.

Anastasis

From hardest to easiest:

1.) small arms and light switch
2.) angry and catapult
3.) brawler and juggler

Each set is supposed to have a useful and a harmful modifier but small arms reduces Heavy weapon damage so it does more harm than good imo.

Thanks! Angry was pretty nasty last night, so I was curious.

Didn't they increase it from 15 meters? I know I never stand close to heavy ammo and get it all the time.

They greatly increased the drop radius for special. Heavy is still 15 or close to it. It's a straight line distance so for example on Blind Watch you can be up on the second level, above B/C heavy, and still get a drop.

E92 M3

They greatly increased the drop radius for special. Heavy is still 15 or close to it. It's a straight line distance so for example on Blind Watch you can be up on the second level, above B/C heavy, and still get a drop.

Hmm, ok. Either way, I know the distance is something that most don't take advantage of.

Can't radiant skin Sunsingers with the ram tank 2 golden gun shots? I was sure they could.

They sure can!

Oh I have tried and seen, radius of nova bomb can be very generous. I have been able to obliterate whole spread out, heavy ammo picking, team with single Nova and I have been destroyed by nova and/or fist even when boosted far and high away from impact. Heavy blockrushing is super effective tactic and gives noticeable advantages because you can't get heavy from killing players who have heavy.

It would help if supers could be countered reliably, but moment you put 12g slug through head of warlock from pretty much point blank range and do 0 damage you just throw your hands up from frustration.

Yeah, Nova's can be devastating, but there is a huge inherent risk to bum rushing a team waiting for a heavy. A smart team will see it coming most of the time and take care of the threat with minimal sacrifice.

I thought you had to be within 20m for a purple box to appear for you and then within a couple of meters to actually pick the box up...

It might be 20 but not more than that. You have to basically walk over it to pick it up, and they added a 30 second timer before it despawns so people couldn't leave it lying around anymore.

Did this just out of curiosity. We all know we jump ship every week.

Yeah I know. My comment was just in response to ocean's suggestion, not your posting of the stats.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
welp... the fates haven't been kind thus far... after my nightfalls assuming no Nighthawk, it's time for a weekend of disappointment playing with those helmet engrams.

Top Bottom