• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Shito

welp... the fates haven't been kind thus far... after my nightfalls assuming no Nighthawk, it's time for a weekend of disappointment playing with those helmet engrams.
Hmm, 12 days without playing the game and I already forgot the basics: I was about to burn all my motes trying to get the Ram, before doing my 3 nightfalls first.
Thank you good sir for the unintended reminder. :)

lt519

So I've been staying out of here to avoid spoilers but I have some QOL questions about the Bungie post:

1. Completed Year One Crucible and Vanguard bounties will still be able to be turned in?
2. Completed Year One Eris bounties won't be able to turned in?
3. Are people going to hoard 16 5k bounties now?
4. Motes of light for weapon and armor experience. Is that their only purpose now or is that just an added benefit?
5. Any word on strange coins?
6. If I don't have two of the grimoire cards for Petra and so when the wolves stop patrolling am I out of luck? I can't play again until the 10th.

Thanks!

Edit: Ah shit I'm forever out of luck on those two Grimoire cards, that's bullshit.

phen0m24

Can't believe there's actually a website about stroopwafels XD
I should have known that the internet is a dark place...

It's actually a bakery in Pennsylvania that makes them. I may order some just to say I've had something SIMILAR to the real thing.

:)

In other news, I have a dentist appointment

ON SEPTEMBER 15th hahahahaha

Maaaaaaaaayyyy need to work from home

Anastasis

welp... the fates haven't been kind thus far... after my nightfalls assuming no Nighthawk, it's time for a weekend of disappointment playing with those helmet engrams.

It shall be yours! You deserve it after you followed up your newbie raid with a Skolas Sherpa. Many thanks once again (vernonhillz BTW).

Namikaze1

So I've been staying out of here to avoid spoilers but I have some QOL questions about the Bungie post:

1. Completed Year One Crucible and Vanguard bounties will still be able to be turned in?
2. Completed Year One Eris bounties won't be able to turned in?
3. Are people going to hoard 16 5k bounties now?
4. Motes of light for weapon and armor experience. Is that their only purpose now or is that just an added benefit?
5. Any word on strange coins?
6. If I don't have two of the grimoire cards for Petra and so when the wolves stop patrolling am I out of luck? I can't play again until the 10th.

Thanks!

Edit: Ah shit I'm forever out of luck on those two Grimoire cards, that's bullshit.
1. Yes
2. Not sure
3. Definitely
4. Added benefit
5. Will remain as such.
6. You are unfortunately. There was a previous easily missable grimoire card that folks can no longer get. The Wolves cards will end up like that one.

It's actually a bakery in Pennsylvania that makes them. I may order some just to say I've had something SIMILAR to the real thing.

:)

In other news, I have a dentist appointment

ON SEPTEMBER 15th hahahahaha

Maaaaaaaaayyyy need to work from home
I received your email. Love the file name.

Can't radiant skin Sunsingers with the ram tank 2 golden gun shots? I was sure they could.

Edit: maybe I was wrong.

How much damage does a normal Golden Gun shot do? Something around 420ish?

Bladedancers get double defense but one GG still kills since they have <200 HP max. I think Radiant skin gives the same double defense but Ramlocks can have 221 HP max plus another 50 HP from their Scorch melee. I'm not sure how a Sunsinger could survive 2 GG shots unless Radiant gives a way higher defense buff than I thought.

Strikers with Unstoppable get a 4x defense buff I believe.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hmm, 12 days without playing the game and I already forgot the basics: I was about to burn all my motes trying to get the Ram, before doing my 3 nightfalls first.
Thank you good sir for the unintended reminder. :)
'swhat I'm here for *thumbs up*

ocean

Banned
How much damage does a normal Golden Gun shot do? Something around 420ish?

Bladedancers get double defense but one GG still kills since they have <200 HP max. I think Radiant skin gives the same double defense but Ramlocks can have 221 HP max plus another 50 HP from their Scorch melee. I'm not sure how a Sunsinger could survive 2 GG shots unless Radiant gives a way higher defense buff than I thought.

Strikers with Unstoppable get a 4x defense buff I believe.
I know Ramlocks with Radiant Skin can survive a GG even without the melee overshield. I don't think they can take 2 shots though. Maybe under a ridiculous circumstance like Ram+Radiant Skin+Blessing of Light or something?

I don't think I've ever seen one survive 2 shots but I might be mistaken.

Deku Tree

Played some PvP last night for the first time in months. I did horrible as I expected.

But on top of that it was just not my idea of fun: shooting players and they don't take damage, you die by shotgun but on your screen they were pointing a hand canon at you, players spending most of their time hiding just out of sight and trying to shoot you from around corners where they can just barely see you but it's hard for you to fire on them. Long range shot guns, Long range hand canons with crazy fast TTK. Eh, it's just not my thing. I'll try again after the patch to see if anything changes. Hope they can improve the lag a little.

ocean

Banned
We have swapped out players since THAT loss and would love to play you again.

3v3 or 6V6 we'd love to come back and play ;)

There are diamonds in DGAF although a lot are more casual some of you are demons.
GAF shweat, make this happen. Those matches were so crazy close, they all came down to like a 2 kill difference.

I know Ramlocks with Radiant Skin can survive a GG even without the melee overshield. I don't think they can take 2 shots though. Maybe under a ridiculous circumstance like Ram+Radiant Skin+Blessing of Light or something?

I don't think I've ever seen one survive 2 shots but I might be mistaken.

Yeah I would think one GG is fine as long as they've spec'ed high armor. 221 > 420/2

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Today is your day, Hawk. You will get that helmet! Believe, man! Believe!
It shall be yours! You deserve it after you followed up your newbie raid with a Skolas Sherpa. Many thanks once again (vernonhillz BTW).
Thanks you guys. :D And I know who you are man! Sorry, I always start referring to people by their PSN in-game once the going gets tough. Was a great run.
Did I miss the hori pad review post?
no! well I posted a tiny one after skolas here. i crashed right after but I'll type some stuff up right now.

I don't, too ugly.
It's useful if you wish to have two separate timers for getting invisible, though. Basically gives you an instant-invisibility on crouch if you set it up right.

Interesting. How is that done? I presume with BD subclass and stalker somehow?

I was thinking this would be somewhat useful to use on a gunslinger. I dont care about looks that much :)

Namikaze1

Which one was that?
Queen's Emissary Grimoire Card.

Could only get it back when Queen's Wrath event was up last year. Needed to get to rank 1 to get it. Bungie hasn't fixed it yet so that it can unlock with the current Queen's Wrath rank.

Or was it from just meeting the emissary? Can't remember.

lt519

1. Yes
2. Not sure
3. Definitely
4. Added benefit
5. Will remain as such.
6. You are unfortunately. There was a previous easily missable grimoire card that folks can no longer get. The Wolves cards will end up like that one.

Cool thanks, I'll probably just toss the Eris bounties and load up on other 5k Crucible and Vanguard bounties.

Kind of nice of them to auto-complete the exotic bounties for people and to allow people to level up to 34 using XP to be able to take a crack at Skolas before TTK. Kind of trivializes all the gear grinding we've been doing but it was all for fun anyway.

X-Frame

Played some PvP last night for the first time in months. I did horrible as I expected.

But on top of that it was just not my idea of fun: shooting players and they don't take damage, you die by shotgun but on your screen they were pointing a hand canon at you, players spending most of their time hiding just out of sight and trying to shoot you from around corners where they can just barely see you but it's hard for you to fire on them. Long range shot guns, Long range hand canons with crazy fast TTK. Eh, it's just not my thing. I'll try again after the patch to see if anything changes. Hope they can improve the lag a little.

2.0 balance changes can't come soon enough. I saw the thread on reddit that this will be 6 months since the last balance update. I sincerely hope that Bungie performs class and weapon balance changes a lot more frequently in Year 2. I think once a month would be more than fine and fair. Even once every quarter is too slow IMO.

I also hope shotguns are nerfed in 2.0 even more than what the July update said they would. I want them to only be a one hit kill if the nozzle is basically inches from the enemy, otherwise all 2+ shot kills are the current range that is one-shotting people.

Shito

Interesting. How is that done? I presume with BD subclass and stalker somehow?

I was thinking this would be somewhat useful to use on a gunslinger. I dont care about looks that much :)
Yeah, from what I remember, you crouch, wait for the middle of the stalker timer, and equip the gloves so that the two timers intertwine.
I don't think it was ever patched. ^^

Could only get it back when Queen's Wrath event was up last year. Needed to get to rank 1 to get it. Bungie hasn't fixed it yet so that it can unlock with the current Queen's Wrath rank.

I don't think that's it. Or atleast that isn't the only one that can't be obtained anymore.

I say this because my Destiny app says I have 3665 Grimoire, but DestinyTracker shows me at 3660, and Destiny Tracker also shows the Queen's Emissary, so there has to be something else that I'm getting 5 points from that doesn't show up on DestinyTracker.

hahaha figured you would. No idea if anyone else picked that emblem, but I like the colors in it. Very much Autumn.

Actually I believe she made one. She said she would buy an Xbone, JUST TO START IT, but has no intention to play on it. Gotta love Kadey.

I'll do it if she wants. Then she doesn't have to pay $350 to start a clan lol

Namikaze1

hahaha figured you would. No idea if anyone else picked that emblem, but I like the colors in it. Very much Autumn.
Someone's else did. It's just you two with that emblem. I'm surprised Todd is the only one on the pic with the emblem he went with. Thought there would be more with that one. I know for sure no other person will have a few of the emblems on there.

There's a lot of folks with the Skolas emblem.

R0ckman

Sometimes I wonder what players are thinking in certain situations. In a recent crucible match I killed half the other team (as they came busting through a door together) within a matter of seconds using hopscotch pilgrim. When they saw their teammates dropping like flies they started panicking lol.

Someone's else did. It's just you two with that emblem. I'm surprised Todd is the only one on the pic with the emblem he went with. Thought there would be more with that one. I know for sure no other person will have a few of the emblems on there.

Does anyone else use my Pink emblem? I need to know that I'm a special snowflake.

phen0m24

I'll do it if she wants. Then she doesn't have to pay $350 to start a clan lol

I sent her a message/question. Will report back or she may post in thread.

Did TAHD make a custom IHEARTLAUREN/WARLOCKS emblem? Come on admit it Todd... :p

I sent her a message/question. Will report back or she may post in thread.

Kadey already started a XBONE version of SEXY, I think they just needed enough people to actually display it in-game.
Yes I'm a member of SEXY besides SoM

Edit - Hmm don't see it anymore...

Got it either way. Phew!

R0ckman

Anything besides the Queen bounties that Grims are lost from?

I thought you get the queen one from getting to rank one during the event?

phen0m24

Kadey already started a XBONE version of SEXY, I think they just needed enough people to actually display it in-game.
Yes I'm a member of SEXY besides SoM

we are alliance-bros and not strictly stroopies. I like it.

I looked for the link on bungie.net but didn't see it.

Will there be anyway to get Necrochasm after patch?

Nothing says you can't run Hard Crota for the Crux..

Namikaze1

I don't think that's it. Or atleast that isn't the only one that can't be obtained anymore.

I say this because my Destiny app says I have 3665 Grimoire, but DestinyTracker shows me at 3660, and Destiny Tracker also shows the Queen's Emissary, so there has to be something else that I'm getting 5 points from that doesn't show up on DestinyTracker.
5 points from a PS exclusive thing. It's 3665 for PS players and 3660 for everyone else.

Does anyone else use my Pink emblem? I need to know that I'm a special snowflake.
Pink? It's more purple than pink. Only pink thing i see is the shield but you're the only one with it.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I love when you use a telementry and time it perfectly and then spend over a 1:30 in orbit on the way to the tower.

LOVE IT!

ocean

Banned
5 points from a PS exclusive thing. It's 3665 for PS players and 3660 for everyone else.

Pink? It's more purple than pink. Only pink thing i see is the shield but you're the only one with it.
PS should have more than 5 points though no? There's Undying Mind, Dust Palace, Exodus Blue, Timekeeper...don't each of these have a point-awarding card?

Top Bottom