• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Milennia

Yup it's basically a fresh start. Bungie is doing a lot to make it very easy for players to jump back in and get up to speed.
You will start at level 30 and you can level up to 40 with exp.

thanks, so the new cap is 40 and i can get there through pure exp grinding? not bad.

Insaniac

Arc Hand Cannon from Skolas. I'd be happy if I hadn't finally gotten a fatebringer the week earlier :(

With that though, I will never do Skolas again

X-Frame

I would think that Bungie would just open up that Moon Wanted bounty on the director to be played all the time come 2.0. Seems strange to keep it forever unattainable afterwards.

Just figured I'd give you guys my Xbox One clan's pitch. Anyone here on GAF that wants to join, let me know!

https://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/174077

Greetings Guardians. With The Taken King right on the verge of release, Progenitor is looking to build its numbers. We're looking for players on Xbox One who simply want to get together and get The Taken King's harder content done. The Kings Fall raid, the Court of Oryx events, Trials of Osiris, Nightfall, etc. We're looking for players who will use the Destiny app to communicate with each other to to help facilitate and set up clan groups for whatever activity our members want to run. Speak up through the app, help each other figure things out and gear up and we all collectively get better.

Progenitor has been around since day one of Destiny. As we approach The Taken King, we're looking to opening up to new members who want other players to play and tackle The Taken King with. If you're interested in joining, just request permission to join at the link below. We're looking forward to exploring The Dreadnaught with you.

The same guy who Solo'd Crota without taking any damage just Solo'd it again, but he only walked backwards

giphy.gif

Deku Tree

thanks, so the new cap is 40 and i can get there through pure exp grinding? not bad.

Yeah I remember raiding with you a few times Cyborg!

It's basically a complete reset. All the old weapons and armor are gonna be about half the power of the new weapons in TTK. So everyone needs to get rid of the old stuff and start looking for the new stuff

You start at your current level with TTK and then you can level up to 40 with pure exp. Then it's a gear chase to raise your "light" which is a completely different stat that is increased by increasing the power quality of your weapons and armor.

E92 M3

Are there DLCs codes in the physical release of TTK? If I buy the game used, will I get the DLCs (already have the vanilla edition)?

Yeah the DLC will be all codes.

--

On another note, I am so hyped for the preview event for the crucible. Awesome of Bungie to do.

phen0m24

I would think that Bungie would just open up that Moon Wanted bounty on the director to be played all the time come 2.0. Seems strange to keep it forever unattainable afterwards.
Makes sense.

"You bought the legendary edition as your introduction to the game? Yeah, sorry you can't do that mission."

Doesn't seem right.

Milennia

Yeah I remember raiding with you a few times Cyborg!

It's basically a complete reset. All the old weapons and armor are gonna be about half the power of the new weapons in TTK. So everyone needs to get rid of the old stuff and start looking for the new stuff

You start at your current level with TTK and then you can level up to 40 with pure exp. Then it's a gear chase to raise your "light" which is a completely different stat that is increased by increasing the power quality of your weapons and armor.

same =D i remember a lot of you guys

so light is now your item level like wow from my understanding, i would start at level 30 since im in full vog gear, meaning i would be about 4 levels behind from the start so thats not too bad, thanks for the help =D

i think ill end up doing the trade in to get 20$ off the whole bundle for all the expacs and the game, hopefully they let me just jump into the new content with that lol

Lnkn52

Speaking about Clans, who's clan this year has the best overall K.D...

033.png
Shoot First Kiss Later
Mb9uQUs.png

032.png
Sons of Mithras
NWeE6Oe.png

023.jpg
Yea Thats A Wipe
kdB9Dlo.png

023.jpg
NG Around the World
eI0aL0d.png

defaultGroup.png
Hotwings Pilgrims
1jan309.png

040.png
School of Hawk
nJn5EGD.png

Milennia

...who is this stranger? ;) Wb cyborg!

Can't wait to try out the new maps, and at least Rift mode when that preview starts. How many Salvage wins you have left? I should be around awhile for Trials today.

=DD

theres finally an opportunity to return where i wont be stuck in weeks worth of catchup lol

darknil

I wanted to save on coins but the 2 helmets are tempting, even if I'm only starting my titan on Tuesday.

Obsidian mind seems like a good voidwalker exotic, better than voidfang?

What are the comments about the hunter gauntlets?

ocean

Banned
I wanted to save on coins but the 2 helmets are tempting, even if I'm only starting my titan on Tuesday.

Saint-14 is probably the best Exotic in the game. Buy it now even if it takes all your Coins to do so.

Obsidian is cool for PvE. Specially when paired with Bad Juju and a high intellect build, you'll have your super basically always. Just don't save it, use it whenever you see a good group of enemies.

Khepri's is fun but non essential, granting you invisibility and backstab as a Gunslinger along with quick reload on any primary.

th3dude

As others have said, buy the Saint-14. It hasn't left my Titan's head in PvE since I got it.

colinp

Banned
I hope they bring back the 'that wizard came from the moon' line with Northbot. Please please please Bungie!

Edit: oh jeez I didn't realize it was added back last December. Great! Can't wait to hear how Northbot says it. ;)

Raybunny

...who is this stranger? ;) Wb cyborg!

Can't wait to try out the new maps, and at least Rift mode when that preview starts. How many Salvage wins you have left? I should be around awhile for Trials today.

The new maps... Oh the new maps...I need 35-38 salvage wins. So its fast. Will finish it tomorrow surely.
Regarding Trials if you have a spot let me know. I wont mind to join in.

As a hunter, is there any exotic armour that will be worth keeping into the new expansion?

I saw the list of weapons that will upgrade to years 2 but not any hunter armour.

ocean

Banned
For Hunter, I'd be satisfied if Knucklehead, Bones and Alpha Lupi made the cut. Never use anything else.

Titan: Saint-14, Armamentarium, Alpha Lupi

Warlock: Light Beyond Nemesis, HotPF, Voidfang

Bungie pls

YomommaZ

Best Titan exotic in the game. It's actually very useful in PvE. Hell, it is the best armor exotic for PvE in the game. Every Defender should have one in their inventory. There's a reason why so many of us were excited to learn there would be a year 2 version. It's not useful in PvP though.

With it equipped, you can blind any enemy that enters your bubble.
Wait... When was Saint-14 confirmed for year 2?

Skele7on

Banned
Speaking about Clans, who's clan this year has the best overall K.D...

033.png
Shoot First Kiss Later
Mb9uQUs.png

032.png
Sons of Mithras
NWeE6Oe.png

023.jpg
Yea Thats A Wipe
kdB9Dlo.png

023.jpg
NG Around the World
eI0aL0d.png

defaultGroup.png
Hotwings Pilgrims
1jan309.png

040.png
School of Hawk
nJn5EGD.png

how'd you check this?

calling out GAF for RIFT sweaties next week?????

Bungie says, "Oh you like TPP? Well Sept 8th is Weapon 2.0 AND new gunsmith AND come try out new PVP modes/maps until TTK drops" Whoever came up with that idea is one smart bastard.

NastyBook

Just rolled a Red Hand IX from a Legendary Engram with LitC and Final Round. Injection Mold ups my stability and gives it TLW range.

ocean

Banned
Speaking about Clans, who's clan this year has the best overall K/D...
Missing Ladies of Strong Back, the clan with the best name ever.

A condensed version of this would be nice if we could update it every few OTs, good stuff man. Keep up the good work

Tjamato88

So I'll definitely be buying the Titan helmet. Should I get anything else? That sniper looks cool but I've already got Low Grade Humility and Efrideet's Spear.

Top Bottom