• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Thought I read that Eris' bounties will be gone, but you can still level up her faction through new quests. I imagine you will still be able to get the necrochasm.

Yes this is correct. You can still rank up the Crota's Bane rep even though the bounties are going away. Necro is still entirely get-able.

deadduck

Do you think Grimoire will carry over to this game's eventual sequel?

Will we get a proper sequel?

This full price 2.0 update seems to be a good implementation and provides loads of content for new players.

Actual 2.0 might suffer with the 1.0 lack of content issue.

Will we get a proper sequel?

This full price 2.0 update seems to be a good implementation and provides loads of content for new players.

Actual 2.0 might suffer with the 1.0 lack of content issue.
I can't imagine us NOT getting a Destiny 2 in Sept 2016. They'll probably push out two more expansions for Destiny and then announce Destiny 2 for current gen only sometime in Spring/Summer 2016.

Wait, why are they converting our marks into another currency that is being phased out?

Lol who knows. They already phased out commendations in HoW but are very briefly bringing them back as a transition from Crucible/Vanguard marks to the new Legendary marks.

Basically they don't want people to start with any Legendary marks but they don't want to piss off players too much. So they are giving us some faction rep in exchange for the up to 1200 Marks players currently have. 50 marks earns one commendation which I think was worth 100 faction rep in TDB? Don't remember exactly.

Namikaze1

PS should have more than 5 points though no? There's Undying Mind, Dust Palace, Exodus Blue, Timekeeper...don't each of these have a point-awarding card?
That doesn't seem right either.

PSN should be atleast 20 more Grimoire score than XBL players due to

• TimeKeeper
  • Undying Mind
  • Exodus Blue
  • Dust Palace
It's strange but it's just 5 points. For what, I don't know. I am positive it is from the exclusive HoW crucible map.

phen0m24

I can't imagine us NOT getting a Destiny 2 in Sept 2016. They'll probably push out two more expansions for Destiny and then announce Destiny 2 for current gen only sometime in Spring/Summer 2016.

I don't know though - spring summer of next year? Maybe fall 2016 (Year 3)

Just realized that said ANNOUNCE

I can't read

SpecX

Just realized I'm getting TTK through the Destiny PS4 bundle, but FedEx doesn't deliver till the afternoon at the earliest, so I've taken the day off for nothing. I'm tempted to buy the digital copy from PSN and giving away the one that comes with the system so I can get on at 2 am with the release.

How can I get these Grimoire cards?

Skyshock
Black Shield
Thieve's Den
Timekeeper
Widow's Court

They are all House of Wolves DLC crucible maps, except for Skyshock. Just play one game on each map and it should unlock.
Also, depending on your console the Timekeeper grimoire card might not be obtainable (PS4 exclusive map).

Not seeing the option to set as Xbox clan.

Ahhh okay sweet. Leveling Eris now is so stupid.

Also, I can't find the SEXY XBONE group!

Hmm that's weird, she mentioned that the xbox clan was up. Wait for Kadey to reply I guess.

Anyone know what happens if you have between 150-200 Marks? Do you only get 3 commendations and the other marks go to waste?

Yeah they'll go to waste. I am 30 crucible marks short on my titan, rest are maxed out.

deoee

Haha.

Some of you may remember that I'm in China right now.
I tried out remote play last week to check out Xur.
Looks like my PS4 did not shut off and is now running non stop - yay!

Any way I can turn that thing off without remote play? ;-/

They are all House of Wolves DLC crucible maps. Just play one game of each map and it should unlock.
Also, depending on your console the Timekeeper grimoire card might not be obtainable (PS4 exclusive map).

Deviant is on PS4. Also, I like how quickly you forgot about Skyshock. That's the correct response to that map.

is there a way to increase chances of getting an Exotic Missive bounty besides submitting as many bounties as possible?

Nope. Some people say turning in a bunch at once increases your odds but these people are bad at statistics.

phen0m24

OFF TOPIC MINI RANT/QUESTION

Did you guys/gals/parents partake in the Star Wars toys and stuff today?

I think it's really neat for the kids (and us too to a degree who grew up with it)

But I hate reading about the "I went to the Target and bought everything" crap.

That is all.

DeviantBoi

They are all House of Wolves DLC crucible maps, except for Skyshock. Just play one game on each map and it should unlock.

But are they on a particular game type or playlist?

Can I get them through Control?

Namikaze1

For ocean and Kor:

Currently checking my grimoire progression on Bungie.net

Dust Palace doesn't give any points
Same with Undying Mind
Exodus Blue doesn't
Timekeeper does

The 5 points are from Timekeeper.

Note that it may change come TTK now that the Year One PS stuff year long exclusivity is coming to an end.

and when you guys say the Exotic Missives bounties will be considered as autocomplete, does that mean that Bad Juju will award the 2.0 version after Tuesday or do we have to wait for the Tuesday after before submitting a completed Toland Legacy bountry sitting in our bounty list?

because I'm in the Crucible portion of the bounty and I am going to play Crucible for maxing the marks but I won't submit the completed bounty until it is clear that I will get a 2.0 version or not

Arrrammis

PSA: if you find a rare (blue) pulse rifle called the "Dead Air 09F3", hang on to it! It has the same impact and RoF as the hopscotch pilgrim, but with almost maxed out stability! You can't reroll it, since its not legendary, but personally I think that most pulse rifle perks are useless anyways (reactive reload is cool).

But are they on a particular game type or playlist?

Can I get them through Control?

They are in the HoW playlist, except for Skyshock. As Drizzay said Skyshock is accessible through the Combined Arms playlist when available.
I think you can play the other maps now in the Elimination mode.

Lee

and when you guys say the Exotic Missives bounties will be considered as autocomplete, does that mean that Bad Juju will award the 2.0 version after Tuesday or do we have to wait for the Tuesday after before submitting a completed Toland Legacy bountry sitting in our bounty list?

because I'm in the Crucible portion of the bounty and I am going to play Crucible for maxing the marks but I won't submit the completed bounty until it is clear that I will get a 2.0 version or not

Wow. Just realized that this is likely why they're auto-completing exotic bounties. To prevent us from holding them and getting a free year 2 version. We know they've set the legendary marks (no conversion from old marks, difficult to accumulate) so that we can't immediately get our exotics back at high levels, and this is an extension of that.

flkraven

If a Destiny 2 is released, I think the disc will still include the base game. However, at this rate I doubt it's called Destiny 2

Anastasis

Does anyone have a HM Crota or DS checkpoint I can grab? I'd love to try to get a group together later as I only need that and a few golden chests for my triumph. Thanks!

Strongly strongly doubt it will be the 2.0 version. Seems pretty definite that it'll be 1.0.

I imagine that's why they are auto completing. I don't think there's any way to game the system into a free 2.0 weapon.

DeviantBoi

They are in the HoW playlist, except for Skyshock. As Drizzay said Skyshock is accessible through the Combined Arms playlist when available.
I think you can play the other maps now in the Elimination mode.

Thanks! I'll try to get them this weekend.

Now, if I could only bribe someone to take me to the Lighthouse...

LOL, too much wishful thinking from my part but anyway, 2.0 exotics will require lvl 40 to use them, it's not like we could play with them out of the box

th3dude

Strongly strongly doubt it will be the 2.0 version. Seems pretty definite that it'll be 1.0.

I imagine that's why they are auto completing. I don't think there's any way to game the system into a free 2.0 weapon.

Agree. It will give you the 1.0 version, which will put it in your collection, which will then give you access to the 2.0 version in your collection.

wow just realized i kinda shouldn't do anything the 8th since all xp will be going to waste because of the level cap

i guess i should just look at it as a scenic goodbye to the Y1niverse lmao

Top Bottom