• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

This needs to be an Armor in the game right? Bungie, Luke pls

Are you still around for a Skolas run tonight? Sorry for the delay, so much Trials :p

I also need this as 34 lock - psn Draysoth

Anyone feel like being a Sherpa for a Poe 35

Psn = stratn99

How long are you two available tonight? Are you still looking to do it?

I haven't gone to Mercury yet (have gone 8-1) but I might have to wait til tomorrow if people are doing carries. Need to figure out wtf is going on with my network.

At least got Trauug done today, so that's all the PoE enemy grimoire done. The entire screen was just wolfpack rounds.

I have 8 passage coins and the boons...I think...

EDIT: yeah I have the boons.

Wicked said he'd be up for some more carries tomorrow. Not sure what time but we'll try to get you in there if possible.

Frenden

Banned
I'm usually busy on Saturdays, but my wife is working tomorrow.

Weekends are typically hard for me to play and I've never been to Mercury, so this is really my last shot.

Can a team of ringers take me with them tomorrow?

I have been getting steadily better at PvP and don't think I'll be a total dead weight, but I don't have much (read: any) Trials experience.

SnakeEyes

Banned
During E3 2013 preparations, Bungie was getting ready to demo the game for the first time before a huge audience at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), the biggest U.S. video game show. Activision was going to play the game music with a trailer, but shortly before E3, Activision took over the trailer work and supplied its own music, rather than the Music of the Spheres segments.
This got me in particular. This is how we get Destiny trailers that sound like their music was chosen by the same people in charge of CoD trailers :(

todd360

Weekends are typically hard for me to play and I've never been to Mercury, so this is really my last shot.

I have been getting steadily better at PvP and don't think I'll be a total dead weight, but I don't have much (read: any) Trials experience.

What? You haven't played the best part of house of wolves yet?

GutZ31

Activision didn't specifically try to screw Marty, that was Bungie. Activision did kick the whole thing off though.
Let's say you made a name for yourself making art loved by millions.
You made many, many works that are recognized by people interested in your art, as well as ones that know nothing of it.
You made art that the world knows.
Now, you are about to have a collaboration with a dear friend, where his art, and your art are being displayed together.
Everything about it you, and your friend love.

Now, the person that help pay for your supplies, and got you a spot in a gallery changes the art.
They did nothing to your friends work, but everything you did, it's all gone.

You ask why this was done, and your friend is in shock, not knowing what to do about it.
You feel the person doing this is pulling you out of the picture of you, and your friends work.
Or, even worse, could they be ruining my name as an artist?

This is how I see Marty's side.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Let's say you made a name for yourself making art loved by millions.
You made many, many works that are recognized by people interested in your art, as well as ones that know nothing of it.
You made art that the world knows.
Now, you are about to have a collaboration with a dear friend, where his art, and your art are being displayed together.
Everything about it you, and your friend love.

Now, the person that help pay for your supplies, and got you a spot in a gallery changes the art.
They did nothing to your friends work, but everything you did, it's all gone.

You ask why this was done, and your friend is in shock, not knowing what to do about it.
You feel the person doing this is pulling you out of the picture of you, and your friends work.
Or, even worse, could they be ruining my name as an artist?

This is how I see Marty's side.
Spot on.

Hmm apparently no folks for Skolas. Gonna do life stuff a bit then check again, otherwise might have to wait until later this weekend.

How many Passage Coins do you have? Also what time zone/hours available? We could most likely get you in a run, first timers get priority same as Skolas. I won't be able to do a super session again tomorrow but ~3 carries should be reasonable.

If we can't find a time, then xo and Gunnerz maybe could. Rubenov is out of town, Unstable has been pretty retired for a while now and EJ + Tears are busy with Sons of Mithras runs typically. But I bet we can work out something.

Frenden

Banned
What? You haven't played the best part of house of wolves yet?

Hmm apparently no folks for Skolas. Gonna do life stuff a bit then check again, otherwise might have to wait until later this weekend.

How many Passage Coins do you have? Also what time zone/hours available? We could most likely get you in a run, first timers get priority same as Skolas. I won't be able to do a super session again tomorrow but ~3 carries should be reasonable.

If we can't find a time, then xo and Gunnerz maybe could. Rubenov is out of town, Unstable has been pretty retired for a while now and EJ + Tears are busy with Sons of Mithras runs typically. But I bet we can work out something.

No. Weekends are wife time, typically. Which is good. But, yeah, it gives me a sad to not make it to Mercury.

I have 100's of passage coins. I play a lot of PvP during the week, but weekends have been tough!

Any time tomorrow or even late tonight works. I'm asking for a favor so I'll make any time work.

xPhinehas

I'd do Skolas as well haha. I need it for my MoT.

Sofa King

Makes me curious how any of this environment had anything to do with Joe Staten leaving when he did.

Who is doing the music now that Marty is gone, or is that known?

I missed this somehow. Any reason? Burnout?

Thanks again to Drizzay and WIcked for the carry (I held onto my Shotgun, cuz I'm nowhere near as good with a Sniper, but I do believe I held my own). Still, I doubt I would've made it without their incredible skills and patience (having ran these things for nearly half a damn day).

Definitely MVPs for running the hardest parts of this game multiple times for the community. Great work.

Also, I found the secret room. Are these
the bones of Osiris?

Haha awesome Gibb! Glad you found the secret spot :p The lag was our only true enemy today, easily the worst connections I've ever seen in Trials over an entire day.

The lighthouse is an awesome location, it's always great to show it off to new people since they appreciate it the way I did my first time there. We had some great games, and you played really well. That last match against 3 Defenders was too funny. Always a big relief to me when we get a person through, you just never know what type of team you will match next.

todd360

No. Weekends are wife time, typically. Which is good. But, yeah, it gives me a sad to not make it to Mercury.

I would have been happy to help you out before metal gear came out. Gotta throw all my gaming time at that before taken king consumes my life. I hope you make it tomorrow. Trials is a lot of fun.

jony_m

Need some kind souls to carry me 1st time Skolas and Crota HM.. mic or no mic doesn't matter..

34 warlock - ps4 jony_m

SnakeEyes

Banned
Actually, now that so many people'll be playing MGSV, playing Trials this weekend would be the best chance you'd have of getting to Mercury.

I missed this somehow. Any reason? Burnout?

Yeah, just burnout w carries specifically and Destiny in general. This was the first week he didn't even do our usual 3 runs with Wicked, he was hooked on MGSV haha.

Like a lot of people he's pretty tired of the current PvP meta so the weapon balancing and then TTK should revitalize him. I fully expect him to be back at it then.

I'd do Skolas as well haha. I need it for my MoT.

Ok, I'm getting some food then we'll see if there's any other first timers for it. If timing doesn't work tonight I'll be around plenty until the Sept 14 deadline.

I have 100's of passage coins. I play a lot of PvP during the week, but weekends have been tough!

Any time tomorrow or even late tonight works. I'm asking for a favor so I'll make any time work.

Awesome, sounds good. I'll talk to Wicked tomorrow and see what's up. Worst case scenario we might reset a card if we randomly lose the first or second match.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
ahh man that all took a bit longer than expected. oh well

I actually rather like Luke's OT title. could also quite apply to the behemoth that is this community itself

Yeah, just burnout w carries specifically and Destiny in general. This was the first week he didn't even do our usual 3 runs with Wicked, he was hooked on MGSV haha.

Like a lot of people he's pretty tired of the current PvP meta so the weapon balancing and then TTK should revitalize him. I fully expect him to be back at it then.

Ok, I'm getting some food then we'll see if there's any other first timers for it. If timing doesn't work tonight I'll be around plenty until the Sept 14 deadline.

Awesome, sounds good. I'll talk to Wicked tomorrow and see what's up. Worst case scenario we might reset a card if we randomly lose the first or second match.
Thanks for the update. Yeah he (and you guys) needed a break. Yet you're still going! You guys don't get enough credit for what you do. Seriously. It's a big part of why this community is so awesome. Another year on deck. Wow.

XenoRaven

Guys what if Luke's title actually means the Queen dies and her douchebag brother doesn't and he takes over the throne?

How will we bear the shame?

Anastasis

In the hallway leading to the court, there are 6 statues. The court of Oryx statues are on the right side, and the left was not looked at by streamers, or Bungie in their own stream.

No, that was just pretty much what happened on this weeks stream... :)

edit: raid/court of oryx speculation based on stream.

If the other side of the Court of Oryx summons different tiers of the raid, then it could be that the Court of Oryx is Bungie's response to matchmaking for raids. It would be an ingenious way for Bungie to listen to fan feedback and present a solution that wasn't simply matchmaking 6 randoms, but two solid fireteams. You have a couple of fireteams that are coordinating well on a tier 3 public event, and then one fireteam invites the other to continue working together in the raid. It all happens in the same space. The Court of Oryx could be a crazy new type of multiplayer lobby.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I fully expect him to be back at it then.
I hope he takes as much time as he he needs to recharge and replenish even if that means missing a bit of the initial TTK craze. I can totally understand him wanting to cool off with some other games and stuff for a while

Actually, now that so many people'll be playing MGSV, playing Trials this weekend would be the best chance you'd have of getting to Mercury.

Games were pretty "average" for late-period Trials today, not any easier. Plenty of sweaty teams w really good stats, all the usual weapons etc. There's still an occasionally scrubby team but the baseline seems to be ~1.0 K/D and ~50% win rate in Trials, with plenty of 1.3-1.8 and 60%+ players. We played a couple teams with multiple 2.0 K/Ds and 80%+ wins but players above 2.0 are quite rare honestly.

The only noticeable difference today was how consistently terrible the connections were. I've had plenty of laggy Trials games but never like this. Almost every game had rough parts and some were absolute nightmares. Sounds like Destiny servers were having a hard time today, I hope they're ramping things back up to launch-like levels for TTK.

xPhinehas

Games were pretty "average" for late-period Trials today, not any easier. Plenty of sweaty teams w really good stats, all the usual weapons etc. There's still an occasionally scrubby team but the baseline seems to be ~1.0 K/D and ~50% win rate in Trials, with plenty of 1.3-1.8 and 60%+ players. We played a couple teams with multiple 2.0 K/Ds and 80%+ wins but players above 2.0 are quite rare honestly.

The only noticeable difference today was how consistently terrible the connections were. I've had plenty of laggy Trials games but never like this. Almost every game had rough parts and some were absolute nightmares. Sounds like Destiny servers were having a hard time today, I hope they're ramping things back up to launch-like levels for TTK.

Just msg me on PSN if I get in. I'll notice that moreso than I refresh GAF. PSN: Phinehas_

Frenden

Banned

If you do carry tomorrow, I'll make any time work. If not, no worries! These 100's of passage coins should hold until Trials comes back, haha.

Thanks for the update. Yeah he (and you guys) needed a break. Yet you're still going! You guys don't get enough credit for what you do. Seriously. It's a big part of why this community is so awesome. Another year on deck. Wow.

Many thanks good sir! I've gotten pretty good at regulating my own playing so that I'm always having fun and just throttle down if it's not fun. Of course it's still a time and energy investment regardless but this community makes everything worthwhile like you said. This place and these people have meant a lot to me over the last year.

I hope he takes as much time as he he needs to recharge and replenish even if that means missing a bit of the initial TTK craze. I can totally understand him wanting to cool off with some other games and stuff for a while

Oh yeah, absolutely. He's definitely doing the right thing. As a point of reference, I've played 1210 Trials matches and he's at 1466 matches even though his playing time has fallen way off. That's just how many carries he did early on, crazy stuff. Wicked is close to 2100 and Rubenov is at least that many. They are the true Gaf workhorses.

I haven't confirmed for sure yet but I think he wants to get going for the new raid. If he waits a bit then we'll all still be here ready to rock.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Destiny |OT30| The Taken King? I didn't vote for him.

Edit for top of page:
c8d029cc8090c2faca0488a9d419d681a21d9da89ff58d039bc72330f4bd7579_1.jpg

Top Bottom