• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

LukeSmith

Fair enough, I'll contribute one:

Destiny OT | Long Live the King

reason: It's the in-game description of the King's Fall Raid (in the sense that VOG's was "Beneath Venus, evil stirs..." and Crota's End was "He waits in the Dark Below")

SnakeEyes

Banned
Hey, you post here!
Luke, DeeJ, and Urk have posted in our OTs before. Normally with snappy remarks. DeeJ doesn't like us anymore, if DeathJr's comments are to be believed...

Even GAF went down to a database error for 2 minutes of silence after that Luke Smith comment :p
I know, I'm sitting at work, trying to kill time, and then GAF goes down. Needless to say, that was not what I needed after the shit morning I've had.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

reason: It's the in-game description of the King's Fall Raid (in the sense that VOG's was "Beneath Venus, evil stirs..." and Crota's End was "He waits in the Dark Below")
odd. isn't the premise of the raid to, you know, keep him from living all that long?

But how long will he live for?

We're expecting to kill Oryx in 10-12 hours...does that sound feasible? :)

I'm old school, so drop some Big Daddy Kane in there:

BigDaddyKane-LongLiveTheKane.jpg

I like this. Pls Drizzay listen to Luke.

SnakeEyes

Banned

*For approx. 3-4hrs after launch, after that many ass-hats will be worn.

But we want to kill him and get that sweet loot! Also we like the queen!
Mara Sov rules, Oryx drools!

odd. isn't the premise of the raid to, you know, keep him from living all that long?

Maybe in TTK it will finally be revealed that the traveler is evil and the aliens that are called the darkness are just trying to keep us from falling to the same trap they did. Look at what happened to the Fallen after the traveler visited them.

Frenden

Banned
Luke, DeeJ, and Urk have posted in our OTs before. Normally with snappy remarks. DeeJ doesn't like us anymore, if DeathJr's comments are to be believed...

I know, I'm sitting at work, trying to kill time, and then GAF goes down. Needless to say, that was not what I needed after the shit morning I've had.

I think we get lumped into the chaos of the gaming side threads. They give DGAF a bad name, heh.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Remind me to explain this after the weekend of Sept 18th. I'm happy to.
Yes please! All joking aside, the more community interaction with GAF the better :D

I think we get lumped into the chaos of the gaming side threads. They give DGAF a bad name, heh.
Most likely. Gaming side is a hive of scum and villainy. And I'm pretty sure that there are a few Droids in there (corporate shills) that Mods are looking for...

Frenden

Banned
Man, I can't wait to use this Hori pad next week during the Crucible preview. It was a blast tonight.

I found skating a little harder, but I think that's just because I'm not used to it yet.

Xur is selling a pair of Hunter gauntlets called Khephri's Sting. I've never seen these before. Are these any good?

i hope so. I already bought them.

GutZ31

Xur is selling a pair of Hunter gauntlets called Khephri's Sting. I've never seen these before. Are these any good?

They are pretty useful, and will likely be even more useful with the new subclass.
They can be of use on any subclass, but make it so gunslingers can go invisible too.

SnakeEyes

Banned

Crouch-Invisibility and bonus Backstab damage. I'd say they're pretty good.
If you don't have the Achliophage Symbiote or Mask of the Third man helmets. Probably gonna be good for the new subclass.

Frenden

Banned
Khepri should be rad with the Nighstalker subclass. The invisible-making smoke bombs and Khepri would provide all the flexibility of a Bladedancer's invisi-medic but with the added benefit of a super that is PvE centric.

This is all assuming they make it to 2.0 though.

GhaleonEB

You know what...I'm not going to hoard bounties and use them to power level on the 15th. I suspect we'll get to 40 naturally enough just by playing the story missions, which is what I'll be doing first. Gonna dump the 10 I piled up to level my (mostly unused) 'Horn.

GutZ31

You know what...I'm not going to hoard bounties and use them to power level on the 15th. I suspect we'll get to 40 naturally enough just by playing the story missions, which is what I'll be doing first. Gonna dump the 10 I piled up to level my (mostly unused) 'Horn.
You get 6 empty bounty slots on the 8th...

LTWood12

He came, he saw, and he conquered.

What about:

Destiny |OT| Night Court
3l1JqrQ.jpg

Right guys? Guys?

Anastasis

My thoughts exactly (except for the horn part). We will need to grind for gear anyways, so what's the rush?

Crouch-Invisibility and bonus Backstab damage. I'd say they're pretty good.
If you don't have the Achliophage Symbiote or Mask of the Third man helmets. Probably gonna be good for the new subclass.

I have both of those helmets as well. The problem is that both are so perfectly suited to their subclass that it's hard for me to replace them with any other exotic.

GhaleonEB

You get 6 empty bounty slots on the 8th...

I know. I've just decided I'm not really in a rush to blow through anything in the Taken King. I tend to take my time with this stuff, and enjoy the leveling process, so I'm going to avoid circumventing part of it.

E92 M3

Sounds like there will be some kind of epic final battle that will take place on a future nuclear missile.

Top Bottom