• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Trace

Banned
So Trials is basically just like PvP? But theres a light house at the end...or something?

It's more competitive, the lighthouse is a different area on Mercury that you can only get to if you go 9 wins 0 losses in Trials for the week. (There are some buffs you can buy that make it more like 7 wins 1 loss though.)

It's more competitive, the lighthouse is a different area on Mercury that you can only get to if you go 9 wins 0 losses in Trials for the week. (There are some buffs you can buy that make it more like 7 wins 1 loss though.)

We need to play Trials again once the new meta rolls out.

xPhinehas

Yeah I have the buffs.

I freaking did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All day long, for about 12 hours, I was learning scraping. It was an insane ride but I got it! Remember Zoba's plan to keep track of our posts to see which posts were off topic, lfg, general game discussion, etc. Well, I made a website where you can post the original thread without the page number and it'll go through the entire thread and extract user info.

My next step later is to actually do the post information but Quotes make it too big and somewhat difficult. But I want it then I can do an original analysis with keywords and whatnot.

Anyways, I had a somewhat difficult time with Page 1 because of the OP information, and then people that are Banned didn't show up as well hahahaha so I had to work around both but I got it!!!!!!!!!!!

ncD317r.png

For example, the end of OT28:

EjPBIcO.png

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Holy cow xplicit. Thanks for taking the time. quite a project.
That's what the statement means. It's used when a new King comes to power.
The king is dead, long live the king!
I'm of course familiar with the idiom. But... no one is ousting Oryx to replace him with a new monarch. There won't be a king anymore once Operation Ass Hat is complete.

No king, no king, la la la la la laaa la!

Oh yeah, absolutely. He's definitely doing the right thing. As a point of reference, I've played 1210 Trials matches and he's at 1466 matches even though his playing time has fallen way off. That's just how many carries he did early on, crazy stuff. Wicked is close to 2100 and Rubenov is at least that many. They are the true Gaf workhorses.

I haven't confirmed for sure yet but I think he wants to get going for the new raid. If he waits a bit then we'll all still be here ready to rock.
Holy ba-wow that is so many matches. Limitless props to all you guys.

The only noticeable difference today was how consistently terrible the connections were. I've had plenty of laggy Trials games but never like this. Almost every game had rough parts and some were absolute nightmares. Sounds like Destiny servers were having a hard time today, I hope they're ramping things back up to launch-like levels for TTK.

This makes me feel better as I had adds in Prison of Elders lag porting. Not often, but once or twice on the 35. Unnerving. Anyone else have this issue?

I have a great internet connection, set up all the port forwarding that both Playstation and Destiny have recommended, NAT Type 2, and still get this stuff.

Sucks. I hope I don't get tagged as lag switching or something.

Holy cow xplicit. Thanks for taking the time. quite a project.

:D

This OT so far:

aDXDgVb.png

The program also auto names the Excel File which downloads to your computer, to the OT name. Originally I took the entire OT name, but the Light Symbol is in ascii code or whatever haha

EDIT: oh crap, well it doesn't extract the "TIME" field if the date is Yesterday or Today. Got more coding to do for that.

yRv4Ps7.png

Trace

Banned
:D

This OT so far:

The program also auto names the Excel File which downloads to your computer, to the OT name. Originally I took the entire OT name, but the Light Symbol is in ascii code or whatever haha

EDIT: oh crap, well it doesn't extract the "TIME" field if the date is Yesterday or Today. Got more coding to do for that.

My name is on there
PogChamp.png

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
How do you know?
well I'm looking at it from our perspective not the hive. Obviously I don't know if they mean to supplant him with one of the other sects or something. More than half of the Hive spawn we know about associate themselves with either Crota or Oryx.

All day long, for about 12 hours, I was learning scraping. It was an insane ride but I got it! Remember Zoba's plan to keep track of our posts to see which posts were off topic, lfg, general game discussion, etc. Well, I made a website where you can post the original thread without the page number and it'll go through the entire thread and extract user info.

My next step later is to actually do the post information but Quotes make it too big and somewhat difficult. But I want it then I can do an original analysis with keywords and whatnot.

Anyways, I had a somewhat difficult time with Page 1 because of the OP information, and then people that are Banned didn't show up as well hahahaha so I had to work around both but I got it!!!!!!!!!!!

rejoice.png

doing the lord's work. looking forward to getting this back on schedule sometime soon.

Raybunny

That is really interesting. Amazing even. You sir deserve some proper carrots!

Aside that, anyone with Gorgon and/or Deathsinger CP ?

Or anyone for salvage?

Games were pretty "average" for late-period Trials today, not any easier. Plenty of sweaty teams w really good stats, all the usual weapons etc. There's still an occasionally scrubby team but the baseline seems to be ~1.0 K/D and ~50% win rate in Trials, with plenty of 1.3-1.8 and 60%+ players. We played a couple teams with multiple 2.0 K/Ds and 80%+ wins but players above 2.0 are quite rare honestly.

The only noticeable difference today was how consistently terrible the connections were. I've had plenty of laggy Trials games but never like this. Almost every game had rough parts and some were absolute nightmares. Sounds like Destiny servers were having a hard time today, I hope they're ramping things back up to launch-like levels for TTK.

That was pretty much our runs, hardly any scrub teams and we even contrived to lose to one of them :d

Connections were bad all round someone took two sniper head shots and nothing then PSN fully gave up the ghost for parts of Europe

Edit no Trials 2.0 (for a while) https://twitter.com/_mantis_/status/639929651263963136

Wicked said he'd be up for some more carries tomorrow. Not sure what time but we'll try to get you in there if possible.

That's drizzay for running my two clan mates to Mercury for their first trips. Very much appreciated.

Well salty they both got void weapons.

Nuszka

Morning dgaf!!! Got up early today. Im off for a weeks vacation to Italy!!! From one side it will help out so much in the wait for the 15th but on the other side all the things happening on tuesday will make me drool over my phone while I'm relaxing. You can't have everything. Some advised me to get my vita but I'm to scared as i think my wife would rip my head off, haha.
Everyone enjoy their 2.0 stuff and gather the worthy knowledge to pass on to me come next saturday evening. Be brave...

vid

Taking a longshot here, but is anyone running Skoriks for the late night crew? Trying to finish up my WANTED grimoire before it's too late.

Unrelated: Just hit Lv 34, pretty excited to try running Skolas with a group tomorrow so I can finish up my Triumphs. I sort of think that having the pressure of an impending deadline is making me appreciate Destiny way more than I did before I took a hiatus after TDB dropped.

My personal TODO list for this weekend:

Skolas. Or die trying.
Skoriks. Finish up the retiring grimoire set.
ToS. I've never done it. I generally avoid Destiny PvP, but I feel like I'd better give it one fair shot before Year 1 ends.
Crucible. Like I said, I've never really gotten into Destiny PvP, but now I want to make sure to grab the Crucible marks trophy before it potentially becomes unobtainable.

...basically, the long weekend is DESTINY weekend.

just did the thorn bounty for the first time today. that was a time suck, especially soloing the end. but now i guess i have thorn, tried it out in a strike, seems neat.

now i'm gonna work on the bad juju one.

so bungie said we should hold onto all exotics until the taken king comes. what about legendary weapons/armor? will they have any input into our adjusted levels? if they don't i might as well break a lot of them down that i never use.

hydruxo

Thanks again to Drizzay and WIcked for the carry (I held onto my Shotgun, cuz I'm nowhere near as good with a Sniper, but I do believe I held my own). Still, I doubt I would've made it without their incredible skills and patience (having ran these things for nearly half a damn day).

Definitely MVPs for running the hardest parts of this game multiple times for the community. Great work.

Also, I found the secret room. Are these
the bones of Osiris?

Luke Smith confirmed in one of the game informer vids last month that Osiris is still alive. The bones are probably one of his disciples.

Good morning DGAF! Anyone need help with Skolas?

Also, a question: If I were to buy TTK's digital legendary would I need to redownload Destiny again in order to play without disc or would the current install patch itself?

*images snip*

For example, the end of OT28:

*image snip*

Damn good job sir.

Top Bottom