• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

great great interview all around. I have often wondered to myself but always brushed off that last question. and it appears we will never get an answer.

I always forget that despite being owned and an outlet for Gamestop, Gameinfomer does have some pretty good journalists working for them

Okay, I'm still a little confused. It sounds like there are some tweaks coming to a subclass here or there, like Razor's Edge not being to enter a Defender, Bubble, but that they're not going to have major class changes yet. Luke kept saying "Absolutely, we have to go back and look at all 6 subclasses."

Am I understanding that, right? I don't want to get my hopes up.

noomi

The guardians greatest enemy isn't the vex, hive or even cabal... It's the lag from IB.

So bad for us right now that it is making trials nearly unplayable. Very frustrating...

zewone

Okay, I'm still a little confused. It sounds like there are some tweaks coming to a subclass here or there, like Razor's Edge not being to enter a Defender, Bubble, but that they're not going to have major class changes yet. Luke kept saying "Absolutely, we have to go back and look at all 6 subclasses."

Am I understanding that, right? I don't want to get my hopes up.

It sounds like update 2.0 will make changes to RE killing a Titan in a bubble.

So it seems like they're will be a few surprises in the patch that haven't been revealed.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Man it sucks so bad when the opposite team come from 4k down to 4k ahead in the last few minutes. >_<

EL CUCO

Artificial Difficulty is just poorly designed for the mechanics.

Most importantly, the core of the experience, things like level design, enemy behavior and solutions does not change. Usually the only thing that do is a increased enemy health pool, damage and number of units spawned

AD is shallow, providing a level of difficulty that is neither satisfying nor enjoyable and often feeling cheap and unfair (Bullet-sponge anyone?)
Denial of progress is probably the worst enemy here, which Destiny Y1 had plenty.

Versus

Designed Difficulty
Very much like Dark Souls, its based on a complex attack pattern, superb level design, AI behavior and solutions.

DD offers great satisfaction once conquered because the challenge presented felt organic, smooth and fair.
Exactly. Great post.

lt519

Is there still a glitch with the red bull codes? Was out of town and ran into a 7/11 with them so bought some for my clan mates but not sure if we should redeem then yet?

I hate how Destiny has super long load times. . . Then it dumps you out of the game world.

I hate when I am playing crucible, the screen goes black and its says " trying to reconnect"
I can still hear the bullets flying, and my characters sceams
"nooooooooooooo"
But I cant see anything, its creepy and erie

Hedera

Is there still a glitch with the red bull codes? Was out of town and ran into a 7/11 with them so bought some for my clan mates but not sure if we should redeem then yet?
I redeemed some early in the week and it worked fine. Got the item at the postmaster.

GunnerZ

If you guys need Noobs/bad pvpers to prove your worth as a dominating two man wrecking crew let me know: PSN: colonelocorn ;)

Better yet, I remember what happened to Taeshi. Maybe I should divorce myself from ToO. :(
Hey bud if u want we could run it with u next after the dude we have now :D

aett

I'm relatively new to the game. Picked it up in a Black Friday sale but only gained a few levels before shelving it, and now (like many people) TTK has got me playing again. I've reached level 12 over the last few nights with my Hunter.

Is there a recommended weapon type I should be sticking with as a Hunter? I've been staying with Scout Rifles so far.

Any other pointers or things that may not be obvious that would be good to know?

I'm so glad that they stuck Luke and Mark on media coverage for this. The quality of these interviews and answers are lightyears ahead of anything Deej every said.

smith.gif

Top Bottom