• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

I'm so glad that they stuck Luke and Mark on media coverage for this. The quality of these interviews and answers are lightyears ahead of anything Deej every said.

smith.gif

DeeJ is PR. E3 is a business show and that's his turf. These smaller gaming conventions are for the actual developers though.

Yep, nothing really new, except maybe the name of a new exotic?

And that teaser for the "something happening about Raids this fall they aren't ready to talk about"

DeeJ is PR. E3 is a business show and that's his turf. These smaller gaming conventions are for the actual developers though.

Agreed but he was basically the guy at the front of all media coverage leading up to the launch last year. Got a tad frustrating listing to the same deflections over and over.

todd360

I'm relatively new to the game. Picked it up in a Black Friday sale but only gained a few levels before shelving it, and now (like many people) TTK has got me playing again. I've reached level 12 over the last few nights with my Hunter.

Is there a recommended weapon type I should be sticking with as a Hunter? I've been staying with Scout Rifles so far.

Any other pointers or things that may not be obvious that would be good to know?

Boots of Eao is best weapon.

Agreed but he was basically the guy at the front of all media coverage leading up to the launch last year. Got a tad frustrating listing to the same deflections over and over.

That's the problem, but it's probably because the developers were still busy. TTK is done now so Mark and Luke can hit up these conventions and talk about everything.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Oh man had a 9/10 streak going into next game. Melee'd a guy who then melee'd me yet it reset my progress even though it showed I killed first. Nice 200 IB and 10000xp gone :(

Ophelion

I'm relatively new to the game. Picked it up in a Black Friday sale but only gained a few levels before shelving it, and now (like many people) TTK has got me playing again. I've reached level 12 over the last few nights with my Hunter.

Is there a recommended weapon type I should be sticking with as a Hunter? I've been staying with Scout Rifles so far.

Any other pointers or things that may not be obvious that would be good to know?

You can pretty much use any weapon you want to use, but if you're playing a Gunslinger Hunter, weapons that can easily score precise headshots are favored by a lot of your perks. Scouts are good for that.

If you're not picking up golden chests, go off the beaten path and see if you can find them and/or look up their locations online. The gear from them will make leveling your first character a little easier. Also, make sure you do the strikes when you're the appropriate level for them. Learning the strikes is good, they offer better loot for your level and it will often bridge what seems like a gap in your lvl Vs the next story mission's required level.

Edit: robdragoo caught one really obvious one that I forgot. Make sure you pick up and turn in bounties regularly. This will massively speed up your leveling during story.

One thing someone pointed out that changed how I played just a little bit: Your guardian always throws his grenade with his left hand, does his melee with his right. Most of the time this won't matter, but there are edge cases where that will be the difference between hitting the bad guy or blowing yourself up.

And that teaser for the "something happening about Raids this fall they aren't ready to talk about"

Yeah, I thought we had heard a tease of that somewhere else too, but it's nice to hear it again.

Incredible that up til a month ago, the vault was only getting 3 more slots.

Then the engineering team found 1 extra MB in memory and BOOM! Double Vault space.

I hope they were fêted as kings!

All this stuff about horizontal progression, loot, etc is only possible because we have the space for it.

Whoever you are, I salute you.

It launches at midnight est.

The GI podcast recorded this week, Bungie says they don't know yet. It depends on partner services, first parties, their network teams. They'll tweet out the actual time closer to launch.

It launches at midnight est.

Do we have confirmation of that? I know that it unlocks on PSN at midnight but I'm not sure about the servers going live. There's so much information coming from multiple sources everyday I can't keep it all straight, haha.

On the GI podcast Luke stated they weren't sure, but maybe that was recorded before new info came out?

KxoZz

Do we have confirmation of that? I know that it unlocks on PSN at midnight but I'm not sure about the servers going live. There's so much information coming from multiple sources everyday I can't keep it all straight, haha.

On the GI podcast Luke stated they weren't sure, but maybe that was recorded before new info came out?

They're are not sure. Podcast was recorded on Wednesday after the stream and I doubt anything has been decided since then about the release hour.

hey, welcome back to Destiny. a couple tips I would recommend early on
-Play with what ever primary your feel comfortable with. Auto rifles are not very good at the moment, but a good scout will get you far
-try to avoid spending any weapon parts, or class materials, as a hunter that material is called saphire wire. you'll need these more post level 20 and the upgrades at your current lvel are negligible. it can be quite the grind to accumulate these later on so every bit helps.
-stop the story from time to time and play some crucible. each match win or lose will net you 4000 exp. even if you dont like it the exp is worth your time. you'll level up twice as fast as going through the story missions.
- also do your bounties. you'll need to rep up your vanguard to get good gear later.
- as tempting as it maybe, also try to avoid decoding any BLUE armor engrams you get until your post level 20. they should at that point decode into armor with light attached to them.

Alot of these tips will probably change once TTK. but hope this helps. if you need anything let us know. always happy to help.

ich00

Use whatever gun feel good to you, try them all and see what you like best. There's a weapon patch coming out on the 8th that's going to change a lot in terms of the balancing of weapons (right now auto rifles are mostly trash, that should be fixed with the patch).

There's some guides in the OP that are still mostly relevant, but a lot of that will be changing with TTK in 2 weeks, but there's some good guides to get you started.

Don't hesitate to ask questions here tho, there are a lot of very helpful folks that will be happy to help you out. DGaf is an awesome community. (we even all fight sometimes like a big giant married couple =D)

They're are not sure. Podcast was recorded on Wednesday after the stream and I doubt anything has been decided since then about the release hour.

Cool, that's what I thought. I'll have to wait until after work to start playing so I hope they make you bastards wait. ;P

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
If I was to use Etheric Light on my Chest, Gauntlets and Boots to upgrade them to Year 1 would this push me straight up from 32 to 34? My exotic helm is fully upgraded.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Fair enough, I'll contribute one:

Destiny OT | Long Live the King

reason: It's the in-game description of the King's Fall Raid (in the sense that VOG's was "Beneath Venus, evil stirs..." and Crota's End was "He waits in the Dark Below")
heh.

If I was to use Etheric Light on my Chest, Gauntlets and Boots to upgrade them to Year 1 would this push me straight up from 32 to 34? My exotic helm is fully upgraded.

If they have defence bubbles that still have to be filled out then no. If they are legandaries from HoW then yes.

:eek:

Source me bro!

Oh I'm just going off the store page. I assume it will be though because they are likely treating it like a major release not just Dlc.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
If they're fully upgraded as in bubbles filled, then yes.

If they have defence bubbles that still have to be filled out then no. If they are legandaries from HoW then yes.

Yeah everything else is filled out apart from the Ascend bubble on all my gear. Well I've got one purchased from Iron Banner so gotta get to rank 5 now for the next one then I'll hopefully be better defensively for the higher PoE.

Edit: Oh btw can I get Etheric Light all the time from PoE 34 or is it once a week? Have about 8-10 items I want to do.

Top Bottom