• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

This might be a bit premature since TTK is still a week away but....

With 2.0 about to be unleashed upon us.... I just wanted to say that it has been an absolute blast playing with you in year 1, DGAF.

This is by far the best community I have ever had the pleasure of being part of and playing with. Many of you will be life long friends, and I look forward to our adventures in the future.

Can't wait to kick off year 2 with the best bunch of guys and gals I know.

<3 u DGAF.

Though I haven't played directly with you, noomi, I raise my glass to your cheer.

To DGAF and a hell of a first year.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So when the game updates tomorrow, will the level cap be increased or not until TKK actually drops next week?

Will the bounty limit at least be increased tomorrow so I can completed a bunch of bounties and then turn them in when the cap is eventually increased so I get an xp boost when I start TKK?
The level cap will not be raised to 40 until 9/15, and only for TTK players.

This is the stuff coming with the patch tomorrow:

Character
  • Character Level Cap for all players will be raised to 34
  • Level Cap for The Taken King will be 40
  • You will be able to level up by gaining XP alone
  • Character Level and Light are now separate statistics
  • Your Character Level will be grandfathered into your highest possible Light Level from all gear in your inventory and vault
  • Attack and Defense ratings for armor and weapons will be translated to the new systems - their power levels will be unchanged
  • Grimoire Score has been moved from the Character Nameplate and now displays in the Character Screen
Quests
  • A Quest Screen will be added to your Menu
  • Tracks all active Quests
  • Abandoned Quests can be recovered in the Hall of Guardians
  • Year One Activities have been converted to the Quest system
Bounties
  • Bounty slots will be increased to 16
  • Incomplete Year One Bounties will be auto-abandoned on 09/08 in preparation for launch of The Taken King
  • Incomplete Year One Exotic Bounties are auto-completed with their respective Vendors
  • Year One bounties issues by Eris will be retired
  • Reputation with Crota's Bane can continue to be earned by completing Quests in The Taken King
Tower
  • Collections have been added to the Tower
  • Emblems/Shaders can be found near Eva Lavante
  • Ships can be found near Amanda Holliday
  • Exotic Armor and Weapon Blueprint added to the Tower
  • You will now have the Blueprint for all Exotics you own in your Collection
  • Report to the Vanguard in the Hall of Guardians
Inventory
  • Motes of Light will be used to grant XP to Weapons and Armor
  • Class-specific Armor materials will be deprecated in favor of a unified Armor Material
  • Vanguard Quartermaster, Roni-9940, will exchange old materials for armor material [Update: This change takes effect on 09/15]
  • Weapons & Armor
  • Revised Sandbox balance will be in effect, based on our previous analysis

So, does anyone think Shaxx will have the weekly pvp bounties tomorrow? I'm talking about the set that leads up to the True Meaning of War bounty for nightfall-tier rewards.

EL CUCO

How can I add some grind to your grind?
5mAcs1I.jpg

BokehKing

Banned

With 2.0 about to be unleashed upon us.... I just wanted to say that it has been an absolute blast playing with you in year 1, DGAF.

This is by far the best community I have ever had the pleasure of being part of and playing with. Many of you will be life long friends, and I look forward to our adventures in the future.

<3 u DGAF.
Well said, this is probably the most helpful and understanding gaming community I have been a part of.

With that said, I have both my ps4 and xbox one set to download patches while in rest mode, will that work or am I going to have to stop home on lunch and launch the game in order to get the download to start?

phen0m24

<3 u DGAF.

Ditto. Thank you for hanging in that night with Skolas!

:)

NJ-GAF represent

Trakan

Are you sure that's the right video?

All I saw was a guy that had his factions edged, and he used commendations to push the rep over the edge. He got packages and opened them right away. This was after HoW dropped, so of course he would get HoW stuff. He does have some cryptarch packages there already, but he never says they were from pre-HoW.

What am I missing?

He uploaded the video to Youtube on the 19th, the day HoW released. He had a bunch of cryptarch packages at the postmaster that he decrypts at the end of the video. They turn into HoW gear.

Mindlog

Bummer that we don't get the vault space increase tomorrow.

and to honour the Dinklebot I will leave him powered up on my desk all day tomorrow.
Collections will save me a lot of Vault and Postmaster space on their own.
I have a lot of ships and shaders stored away right now.

border

When does the 2.0 patch go live tomorrow?

Will the new Faction system be implemented into it? Or do I still gain rep by wearing a class item?

Even though I'm sure it works fine, I'm going to equip all my highest gear to make me all 34.

Im guessing their program will check our current light level first, then gear in inventory, then gear in vault. So it could skip those steps if already L34.

Gammacide

Ok, I'll be sitting at Gorgons for a little while in the hopes of getting loot for you before reset, but then completing the raid after you grab said loot. If this sounds good then just join on me, V1ctIm. We'll go when we have 6 interested players.

Xion385

Wait until tomorrow and benefit from more xp probably (plus some nono instead of dink bot)
Just trying to get him to level 34 before TTK hits. I hope I have enough legendary engrams to cover the light levels. Can you explain why though? This the first time I played in a month and I haven't been keeping up with the updates. All I know is GHorn is about to get nerfed. :(
On PS4? I can give you a hand, just let me hop on.
Thanks!

<3 u DGAF.

8320461_orig.jpg

<3 u DGAF.

Truer words have never been spoken
Cheers friend!

Ok, I'll be sitting at Gorgons for a little while in the hopes of getting loot for you before reset, but then completing the raid after you grab said loot. If this sounds good then just join on me, V1ctIm. We'll go when we have 6 interested players.

I just added you and am gonna try my luck x3 but unfortunately wont be able to raid with you after :(

noomi

Though I haven't played directly with you, noomi, I raise my glass to your cheer.

To DGAF and a hell of a first year.

Hear hear! *raises glass*

Well said, this is probably the most helpful and understanding gaming community I have been a part of.

With that said, I have both my ps4 and xbox one set to download patches while in rest mode, will that work or am I going to have to stop home on lunch and launch the game in order to get the download to start?

I've had it work on occasion and sometimes not work with automatic downloads. To be safe, maybe take a vita with you or stop at home during lunch. I'll be stopping at home and forcing the patch through, 18GB on psn could take a long while to download...

Ditto. Thank you for hanging in that night with Skolas!

:)

NJ-GAF represent

Hah, yeah I remember that night. I believe fig was with us that as well, and I kept calling you captain lmao. Good times!

NJGAF is da house. East coast! :D

XenoRaven

<3 u DGAF.
By far the best community I've been a part of on GAF (even if I'm not super active).

No offense SF GAF.

Ryck

<3 u DGAF.
Here here!!!

I completely agree. You guys made Year 1 awesome for me. Met some great people here.

What was the mark conversion to commendations again? 50 marks turn into 1? And how much rep does one commendation give? If its not >200 i think i will just spend all these marks in mats instead.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
So are we certain that having multiples of the same class will be useless once TTK hits or is that just speculation?

Deku Tree

<3 u DGAF.

DICJXnDCtkkNy.gif

I can't believe it has been a year with this game, I remember not even going to DGAF until the week of the HM Crota release.

I completed my first raid with people from the Bungie forums and still friends with one of them to this day, we stuck together for 17 hours and defeated Atheon for the first time, it was glorious.

The loot cave was awesome, spending 6 hours a day sometimes shooting at a damn cave with the guys from Bungie forums.

Then, Crota's End. We all left because we were pissed off about the level difference that they pull with the raid and they left the game and went back to FF XIV or Everquest. So in January I forgot I actually had a account with NeoGAF and found the Destiny OTs by coincidence, because at that point I was really thinking about dropping the game and never come back but I stuck through with you guys/gals through the dark days of Crota and the Trials of Hand Cannons bullshit.

And now that I only play with you guys, I can't wait for Year 2 of this game. Year 1 was stupid fun and I'd imagine Year 2 will be as well

tl;dr: I almost gave up on Destiny in January but found the DestinyGAF thread.

Thank you guys. :p

<3 u DGAF.
Looking forward to year 2 with everyone as well.

leo-toast-9.w529.h352.gif

Top Bottom