• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

You are a crazy crazy man. Do you seriously do 6x nightfalls, 6x weeklys etc?

I usually do 5-6 nightfalls (I've done only 5 the last 2 weeks from doing trials on Monday night instead).

I rarely ever do Heroic weeklies on either account. Usually just once a week with my nephew. But I have < 20 strange coins on each account so I'm doing it all now! Plus, rep.

deafmedal

Great VoG HM run guys. Here's the Twitch archive if you care to watch our efficient fireteam mop up :) Of course it only broadcasted my voice and nobody else's in the fireteam, so it sounds like I'm just talking to myself.

Yup, nice smooth run- usually is when you have 2+ experienced GAFfers in the mix ;) Incidentally, found a VoC at the postmaster- all three of the primaries dropped for me in 2 runs this week. Of course, I didn't need them, but cool drops no-how!

Had a good final weekend for year one, didn't grind super hardcore, but my 'lock has a few packages and a couple vendors ready to pop. Got all my exotic ARs to signature perk in preparation, can't believe I never leveled one heh! Gonna miss VoC/FB/FV/BRTD/GH/BH/IB etc., but I'm ready. Was a bit meh at first, but now I'm getting a bit hyped :)

Merry Year 2 Guardians! May Raul bless us all with Fate of all Fools!

BokehKing

Banned
Just trying to get him to level 34 before TTK hits. I hope I have enough legendary engrams to cover the light levels. Can you explain why though? This the first time I played in a month and I haven't been keeping up with the updates. All I know is GHorn is about to get nerfed. :(

Thanks!
That's because I'm almost 99% sure after tomorrow light level on gear will not boost you to 34, you can get to 34 by just playing the game and getting xp as you go along.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Looking forward to year 2 with everyone as well.

leo-toast-9.w529.h352.gif
Amen to that.

I have to say that, out of all the communities I've been involved with in the past, DGAF is seriously the best. You guys win hands-down and I'm glad to be going into Year 2 with you all.

hRyUn.png

Anyone still looking to get some triumphs done?

Any first timers looking to run Vault of Glass or Crota?

Any normal raiders wanting to try out hard raid?

Anyone looking to complete some clan/group related trophies?

I'm free all day so can help with anything.

Amen to that.

I have to say that, out of all the communities I've been involved with in the past, DGAF is seriously the best. You guys win hands-down and I'm glad to be going into Year 2 with you all.

hRyUn.png

Lol, I literally said that Year 1 was Stupid fun on my long post from the last page.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
You know, I left Destiny very disappointed and angry with the game when it was first released. I was pretty much done with it forever, and said to myself "man...that game could've been great".

Then when Taken King was announced, I thought "man...maybe I should check out Destiny and see if it's changed". I picked up the DLC, started playing again, and found very quickly that I was having a lot of fun. It seems a lot of other people I know came back around the same time, so I had plenty of people to do raids and PoE with.

I have to say, coming back to Destiny has been a really pleasant experience. GAF especially has been really cool to play with. :D

Looking forward to some TTK with all of you!

Collections will save me a lot of Vault and Postmaster space on their own.
I have a lot of ships and shaders stored away right now.

yes for sure!

Only thing I am unclear on with regard to the kiosks is the concept of taking an item from them. Shaders, no biggie - but do you have to 'rebuy' them? I am thinking not, but I recall one Bungie person on the reveal stream using that word.

Also, does your blueprint of an exotic keep track of how far all the bubbles are filled in, or if you delete your exotic and pull it from a blueprint do you start all over?

Oh, and one more thing about TTK.

S W O R D S ! ! !

yes for sure!

Only thing I am unclear on with regard to the kiosks is the concept of taking an item from them. Shaders, no biggie - but do you have to 'rebuy' them? I am thinking not, but I recall one Bungie person on the reveal stream using that word.

Also, does your blueprint of an exotic keep track of how far all the bubbles are filled in, or if you delete your exotic and pull it from a blueprint do you start all over?

Oh, and one more thing about TTK.

S W O R D S ! ! !
I got the impression that blueprint exotics come unleveled, but I would love to be wrong, especially on those year one exotics.

shem935

Banned
It's been a fun year guys. Crazy to think it has been that long. Still remember my first VOG raid. My mic and headset were being weird and we were at the confulx phase with fanatics spawning. I hadn't heard any of the instruction on this so when I saw the green goop I ran straight into it thinking "Wow this is really cool...oh ritual of negation..wonder what that means." *Dead*. Funny coincidence that year one was book ended for me when praetorian foil dropped. One of the best moments.

Magik

This might be a bit premature since TTK is still a week away but....

With 2.0 about to be unleashed upon us.... I just wanted to say that it has been an absolute blast playing with you in year 1, DGAF.

This is by far the best community I have ever had the pleasure of being part of and playing with. Many of you will be life long friends, and I look forward to our adventures in the future.

Can't wait to kick off year 2 with the best bunch of guys and gals I know.

<3 u DGAF.

Cheers to that!

DGAF community is definitively the #1 reason why I still play Destiny to this day.

Looking forward to Y2 and beyond!

JTripper

The level cap will not be raised to 40 until 9/15, and only for TTK players.

This is the stuff coming with the patch tomorrow:

Character
  • Character Level Cap for all players will be raised to 34
  • Level Cap for The Taken King will be 40
  • You will be able to level up by gaining XP alone
  • Character Level and Light are now separate statistics
  • Your Character Level will be grandfathered into your highest possible Light Level from all gear in your inventory and vault
  • Attack and Defense ratings for armor and weapons will be translated to the new systems - their power levels will be unchanged
  • Grimoire Score has been moved from the Character Nameplate and now displays in the Character Screen
Quests
  • A Quest Screen will be added to your Menu
  • Tracks all active Quests
  • Abandoned Quests can be recovered in the Hall of Guardians
  • Year One Activities have been converted to the Quest system
Bounties
  • Bounty slots will be increased to 16
  • Incomplete Year One Bounties will be auto-abandoned on 09/08 in preparation for launch of The Taken King
  • Incomplete Year One Exotic Bounties are auto-completed with their respective Vendors
  • Year One bounties issues by Eris will be retired
  • Reputation with Crota's Bane can continue to be earned by completing Quests in The Taken King
Tower
  • Collections have been added to the Tower
  • Emblems/Shaders can be found near Eva Lavante
  • Ships can be found near Amanda Holliday
  • Exotic Armor and Weapon Blueprint added to the Tower
  • You will now have the Blueprint for all Exotics you own in your Collection
  • Report to the Vanguard in the Hall of Guardians
Inventory
  • Motes of Light will be used to grant XP to Weapons and Armor
  • Class-specific Armor materials will be deprecated in favor of a unified Armor Material
  • Vanguard Quartermaster, Roni-9940, will exchange old materials for armor material [Update: This change takes effect on 09/15]
  • Weapons & Armor
  • Revised Sandbox balance will be in effect, based on our previous analysis

Thanks!

I agree, Year 1 with DGAF has been awesome. At first I was lazy and complained about the lack of matchmaking across Raids and Nightfalls. But once I gave in and started looking for help in the OTs, my love of Destiny increased dozens of times over.

Really looking forward to experiencing all of Year 2 with you, DGAF!

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I agree, Year 1 with DGAF has been awesome. At first I was lazy and complained about the lack of matchmaking across Raids and Nightfalls. But once I gave in and started looking for help in the OTs, my love of Destiny increased dozens of times over.

Really looking forward to experiencing all of Year 2 with you, DGAF!
No need for words, your avatar explains all.

LTWood12

This might be a bit premature since TTK is still a week away but....

With 2.0 about to be unleashed upon us.... I just wanted to say that it has been an absolute blast playing with you in year 1, DGAF.

This is by far the best community I have ever had the pleasure of being part of and playing with. Many of you will be life long friends, and I look forward to our adventures in the future.

Can't wait to kick off year 2 with the best bunch of guys and gals I know.

<3 u DGAF.

Here here!

Xion385

That's because I'm almost 99% sure after tomorrow light level on gear will not boost you to 34, you can get to 34 by just playing the game and getting xp as you go along.
I thought you started as 34 when TTK if you're 34 before? That's what I'm trying to avoid by trying to get to 34 today. Grinding regular levels.

Top Bottom