• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

I'm pretty sure the bounty has to be fully completed otherwise it goes bye-bye in the patch

Incomplete exotic bounties, including Elder Cipher, will be auto completed.

Also if anyone doesn't want to miss out on the Eris shaders you might want to pick them up before the patch. From what I've seen her new inventory doesn't have them, so I'm not sure if they will be obtainable or not.

Anastasis

Here is my favorite personal story from DGAF Year 1:

It was December 7th, and I couldn't get enough of the Vault of Glass. The grind of a thousand public events for Vanguard marks could not stop me. I finally hit a light level high enough to fully contribute to a normal raid, but my real life buddies were not keeping up. And so when Ghaleon asked way back in OT11 if anyone was up for a raid, I jumped at the opportunity. He already had Dax and "another" lined up so he needed three.

He seemed pretty cool in his interactions on GAF and so I joined. Little did I know that "another" ended up being not one, but two Bungie employees!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=142285915&postcount=15801

It was such an honor to play with some of the designers. When you come across something in the world and they can say, "I put that there," I don't know, it just makes the game more than just a game. The art of it all comes forward. Someone somewhere worked hard to make a world that is believable enough to make sense so that you don't question it, but experience it. That raid with the designers has to be one of my favorite gaming experiences of all time.

I love this game so much, but this community even more. I can't devote as much time to this game as others. I'm a dad of two preschoolers so I have an hour or two in the evenings at most and I have to be super quiet on the mic. But I would never had such an awesome opportunity if it weren't for this group. Thank you all and see you in year 2!

ViciousDS

Banned
Incomplete exotic bounties, including Elder Cipher, will be auto completed.

Also if anyone doesn't want to miss out on the Eris shaders you might want to pick them up before the patch. From what I've seen her new inventory doesn't have them, so I'm not sure if they will be obtainable or not.

Exotic bounties will auto-complete, including Elder Ciphers.

https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/639920673578549249

Why does this sound like it could possibly be abused lol

Thanks Rubenov and Wicked for the grade A carry! I got to experience the lighthouse after they pulled me to a 9-0 trial. Super inside considering I only had 3 or 4 kills total and was quite under leveled at 31.

I got the Last Word just in time for it to be nerfed. :)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I think it's amazing that this community has 1) stayed (very) active for the past year, and 2) also stayed (mostly) positive. We all know the flaws in the game and have frustrating experiences to vent about, but there's still lots of meaty, constructive criticism and discussion going on. I think it's pretty remarkable and unlike any other community I've been a part of.

It's been a lot of fun playing with you folks over the past year. What a journey we've been on. Looking forward to year 2.
Ghaleon, just wanted to say thanks for all you've done to keep this place as respectful and positive an environment as it was in your power to do. I know it wouldn't have been nearly as successful without your regular presence here and everyone appreciates it, whether they realize it or not.

LTWood12

Goodnight DGAF. Year one has been incredible. This place means so much to me, and I can't wait to experience year 2 together with you.

7:30 pm can't come fast enough (off work, kid in bed). T-44 and I will be burning the midnight oil. See you in year 2 ladies and gents!

GhaleonEB

It was December 7th, and I couldn't get enough of the Vault of Glass. The grind of a thousand public events for Vanguard marks could not stop me. I finally hit a light level high enough to fully contribute to a normal raid, but my real life buddies were not keeping up. And so when Ghaleon asked way back in OT11 if anyone was up for a raid, I jumped at the opportunity. He already had Dax and "another" lined up so he needed three.

He seemed pretty cool in his interactions on GAF and so I joined. Little did I know that "another" ended up being not one, but two Bungie employees!

It was such an honor to play with some of the designers. When you come across something in the world and they can say, "I put that there," I don't know, it just makes the game more than just a game. The art of it all comes forward. Someone somewhere worked hard to make a world that is believable enough to make sense so that you don't question it, but experience it. That raid with the designers has to be one of my favorite gaming experiences of all time.

I love this game so much, but this community even more. I can't devote as much time to this game as others. I'm a dad of two preschoolers so I have an hour or two in the evenings at most and I have to be super quiet on the mic. But I would never had such an awesome opportunity if it weren't for this group. Thank you all and see you in year 2!
I remember this run - one of, if not my actual first - and it was a ton of fun. Glad you could join. Dan and Lars are good people - great developers, nice folks, fun to play with.
Ghaleon, just wanted to say thanks for all you've done to keep this place as respectful and positive an environment as it was in your power to do. I know it wouldn't have been nearly as successful without your regular presence here and everyone appreciates it, whether they realize it or not.

Thanks, Hawkian. I've tried to nudge things here and there, but it's been surprisingly low maintenance. DestinyGAF self-moderates 99% of the time, so my job is super easy. :D

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I want you all to know I'll be raging tomorrow at work while you're playing. I love you though. Have fun. And save some potential secrets for me when I get home hehe

If they are still around i need help with Skolas, unfortunately i dont have many friends who play destiny and its the last thing i need for year 1 MoT :/

I can help out tomorrow evening or another day this week. I'm usually on from 8PM-1AM EST. We'll get you that triumph; plenty of people around here willing to help. :)

I've got 3 ready to go. Thorn, Invective and Lord of Wolves. I think I read on here a few days ago someone has 6 or so exotic bounties waiting for the patch.

Does anyone know if this counts for husk of the pit?

I don't believe so, Husk isn't really a bounty. I would go ahead and buy an Embalming Orb though if you don't have one, as I'm not sure Eris will carry them anymore and you need it to upgrade Husk to Eidolon Ally.

AtticuSMT

Banned
I can help out tomorrow evening or another day this week. I'm usually on from 8PM-1AM EST. We'll get you that triumph; plenty of people around here willing to help. :)

That would be absolutely amazing if you could, its all i nede and im starting to stress over the fact that i might not get it. Like i said, i dont have many friends who play Destiny and its all I have left.

But those times work perfect for me beccause thats 5-10 my time, Send me a friend request on PSN (AtticusPersona) and just let me know and ill be on as quick as i can.

If by abused you mean not having to run prison over and over on your alts. I ran a 35 today to pick up my third cipher, Dregs Promise will beer mine. Had to run it titan fit the guaranteed drop. Respect to people who main titan, beaten Skolas a good number of times (don't know why because his drop rate is terrible) but this last one was painful. Though maybe it was just because this was my first completion without anyone using fireborn that made it painful.

Heh, that's so awesome. Lars was definitely a great guy when I met him at gamescomm.

Speaking of Lars, here is my signed poster from him :

jacobs34

Thanks to those who just ran that Crota, I picked up Word of Crota to go along with The Last Word that I picked up earlier today. Hopefully they don't nerf hand cannon's too much tomorrow!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Just to fully round out the spectrum of Year 1 memories, my #1 best memory was my first HM Crota kill which was also my first HM kill as swordbearer. It was so, so goddamn satisfying after multiple days of trying and playing with a severe handicap for 80% of the experience- I had no Infusion helm and hunters are quite limited for recovery, but then someone in this thread mentioned Mask of the Third man which I'd totally ignored in favor of my prize Knucklehead up til that point. Turned in a cascade of bounties to unlock the perk on the helm- though not max it, so I still had to switch to it and back to be 32 whenever I wanted to heal from an orb- basically 15 minutes before the killing run. My hands were shaking for hours after the kill and I couldn't wait to put the blade to him again and again afterward (as any Sword School attendees out there heard from me many times :p). As reviled as Crota's End seems to be by consensus, I still consider it to be extraordinarily fun content, and running the sword to be one of the most rewarding activities you can do in the game.

My first ever Normal VoG clear with my wonderful old raid group is a close second though, and it's razor thin. Even though I had long found all the systems in the game fascinating (as well as the resulting frustration that they caused in the playerbase) and was already well into working on guides for newbies at that point, that was the moment that really cemented for me that I'd be in it for the long haul. I'd absolutely-unquestionably-without-a-doubt never experienced anything like it in a videogame before and the extended success the game- already the best-selling new IP of all time by this point- would enjoy became obvious to me, despite the many, many problems which still plagued it at that moment. Many of those have since been corrected or at least addressed laterally, and the future potential is still off the charts crazy ridiculous.

Since then my friends list on PSN has ballooned to such silly-ass numbers it basically doesn't even function anymore, and it's shocking to me how many of the hundreds I see online I actually have individual, treasured memories of playing alongside. It has been a real honor to be a part of such a massive and active community as we watched this thing rocket awkwardly out of the gate and slowly grow more refined and polished over time. There have been missteps here and there, and disappointments, certainly, but the highs have been higher than most anything I've played in my quarter-century as a gamer.

--

Thanks to Hawkian and saveweyard. Skolas went pretty smooth-like and we all walked away from the explosion with elder ciphers like proper bad asses.
Hell yeah. Can't argue with a no-wipe Skolas with a first-timer in the party. Thanks again for them clutch orbs.

Elder Ciphers...
COWyMCeW8AA41e4.jpg:orig
Not that it matters for long, you know, at all, but just in case anyone was curious, if you have two Elder Ciphers in your bounties and get a Queen's Cipher from the chest it does apply to both simultaneously. Now I can basically work toward two weapons at once! lol

...of course apparently all four of my Elder Ciphers will autocomplete tomorrow so, uh, neat.

And yes I did kill Skolas with an unmaxed Oversoul Edict, come at me.
If they are still around i need help with Skolas, unfortunately i dont have many friends who play destiny and its the last thing i need for year 1 MoT :/
It's quite late for me now with work tomorrow, but I'm happy to help tomorrow night if that's best for you, or next weekend if you're around.
I want you all to know I'll be raging tomorrow at work while you're playing. I love you though. Have fun. And save some potential secrets for me when I get home hehe
Ha, same. At work til 6:30 eastern.

KissVibes

Banned
Doubtful. You will have to go through Bungie servers which will most likely have a hard lock on the new stuff till release.

Bummer.

Guess I'll be sitting on the copy of the game I have. :(

Wait, can I play the stuff that's already out (thats on the disc too, isn't it?)? Or do I need to wait until the 15th?

This past year has just been fantastic. I don't think I would have played nearly as much if it weren't for you guys. Fantastic memories, and I can't wait to make some more.

Afrocious

Awesome. Got a second suros regime from Crota HM.

Also Crota HM was kinda easy mechanics-wise. Compared to VoG at least.

Now I gotta get Skolas on hard and the golden chests, and I'll be done.

True or false, this trailer alone contains more cutscenes than the entire base game and both expansions
Idk, but what I do know is that they're hell of a lot more awesome. :D

I wanna know when the live action trailer will be released. Loved all of the ones by Bungie so far.

ocean

Banned
Hawk, I'm pretty sure the double Elder Cipher is a glitch. It's happened to me. Don't delete either, you gotta keep both. They'll progress at the same time but when you're finally done you can only get one weapon

Juraash

Well we're on the eve of 2.0 and my character is about as prepared as he could possibly be. Full 5k bounties, full public event packages, nearly all applicable reps edged, all my triumphs earned and I hit 34 along the way.

Most of that stuff I got with the help of people here after I returned to the game. So a big thanks to everyone I ran with. Looking forward to 2.0 this week and TTK next week.

AtticuSMT

Banned
Just to fully round out the spectrum of Year 1 memories, my #1 best memory was my first HM Crota kill which was also my first HM kill as swordbearer. It was so, so goddamn satisfying after multiple days of trying and playing with a severe handicap for 80% of the experience- I had no Infusion helm and hunters are quite limited for recovery, but then someone in this thread mentioned Mask of the Third man which I'd totally ignored in favor of my prize Knucklehead up til that point. Turned in a cascade of bounties to unlock the perk on the helm- though not max it, so I still had to switch to it and back to be 32 whenever I wanted to heal from an orb- basically 15 minutes before the killing run. My hands were shaking for hours after the kill and I couldn't wait to put the blade to him again and again afterward (as any Sword School attendees out there heard from me many times :p). As reviled as Crota's End seems to be by consensus, I still consider it to be extraordinarily fun content, and running the sword to be one of the most rewarding activities you can do in the game.

My first ever Normal VoG clear with my wonderful old raid group is a close second though, and it's razor thin. Even though I had long found all the systems in the game fascinating (as well as the resulting frustration that they caused in the playerbase) and was already well into working on guides for newbies at that point, that was the moment that really cemented for me that I'd be in it for the long haul. I'd absolutely-unquestionably-without-a-doubt never experienced anything like it in a videogame before and the extended success the game- already the best-selling new IP of all time by this point- would enjoy became obvious to me, despite the many, many problems which still plagued it at that moment. Many of those have since been corrected or at least addressed laterally, and the future potential is still off the charts crazy ridiculous.

Since then my friends list on PSN has ballooned to such silly-ass numbers it basically doesn't even function anymore, and it's shocking to me how many of the hundreds I see online I actually have individual, treasured memories of playing alongside. It has been a real honor to be a part of such a massive and active community as we watched this thing rocket awkwardly out of the gate and slowly grow more refined and polished over time. There have been missteps here and there, and disappointments, certainly, but the highs have been higher than most anything I've played in my quarter-century as a gamer.

--

Hell yeah. Can't argue with a no-wipe Skolas with a first-timer in the party. Thanks again for them clutch orbs.

Elder Ciphers...

Not that it matters for long, you know, at all, but just in case anyone was curious, if you have two Elder Ciphers in your bounties and get a Queen's Cipher from the chest it does apply to both simultaneously. Now I can basically work toward two weapons at once! lol

...of course apparently all four of my Elder Ciphers will autocomplete tomorrow so, uh, neat.

And yes I did kill Skolas with an unmaxed Oversoul Edict, come at me.

It's quite late for me now with work tomorrow, but I'm happy to help tomorrow night if that's best for you, or next weekend if you're around.

Ha, same. At work til 6:30 eastern.

Tomorrow is not a problem for me at all, just hit me up whenever! PSN AtticusPesrsona.

Kurumi

This might be a bit premature since TTK is still a week away but....

With 2.0 about to be unleashed upon us.... I just wanted to say that it has been an absolute blast playing with you in year 1, DGAF.

This is by far the best community I have ever had the pleasure of being part of and playing with. Many of you will be life long friends, and I look forward to our adventures in the future.

Can't wait to kick off year 2 with the best bunch of guys and gals I know.

<3 u DGAF.

I wasn't with DGAF when Year One first began but I look forward to playing with you all in the beginning of Year Two and beyond.

8793351.gif

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Just to clarify here...

Why are people talking about being prepped so much for tomorrow? We aren't able to move past level 34 until the 15th.... Correct?
I understand we still have a week to fill up rep, public event packages and pick up 5k bounties.

Tomorrow is all the new guts of how the game will work/play from now on. But content wise we aren't seeing anything new.

Yes?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hawk, I'm pretty sure the double Elder Cipher is a glitch. It's happened to me. Don't delete either, you gotta keep both. They'll progress at the same time but when you're finally done you can only get one weapon
Well that's a shame but whatever. I have 1 on my Hunter, 1 on my Titan, and 2-ish-1 on my Warlock, none of which are complete, so... I guess worst case scenario I'm missing out on a free exotic shard? XD

Just to clarify here...

Why are people talking about being prepped so much for tomorrow? We aren't able to move past level 34 until the 15th.... Correct?
I understand we still have a week to fill up rep, public event packages and pick up 5k bounties.

Tomorrow is all the new guts of how the game will work/play from now on. But content wise we aren't seeing anything new.

Yes?

All new crucible maps and modes are playable for everyone tomorrow. Other than that you are right, there's no point in being prepared in bounties and rep unless you don't plan on playing for a week.

Top Bottom