• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
All new crucible maps and modes are playable for everyone tomorrow. Other than that you are right, there's no point in being prepared in bounties and rep unless you don't plan on playing for a week.

Thanks for the reply
Reading the last page had me worried a bit. :)

Afrocious

I think it was appropriate to kill Crota one more time right before Year 2. Feels right.

Lol yeah.

It's weird. I don't really have much to celebrate since I literally left Destiny before TDB dropped. Nothing really went out with a bang as much as it did go out with us steamrolling Crota HM lol.

DestinyGAF has always been friendly, so perhaps what I got out of Year 1 was a group of folks I can definitely call my online friends to do Destiny stuff with.

The fact I can leave for almost a year and come back to open arms says something.

I also don't think I'm THAT terrible for taking such a long hiatus lol. Perhaps this is a sign that I'll make the best out of Year 2.

rc213

Edging all my rep has left me with 3 exotic bounties and a Elder Cipher on my Warlock lol

300+ Coins/Motes and 700 weapon parts. I'm ready, just need to finish 5000 rep bounties on my Warlock to be done.

Last try, Anyone have Gorgons HM chest before i sleep.

exYle

True or false, this trailer alone contains more cutscenes than the entire base game and both expansions

Probably. There's:
1) The Space Battle
2) Flying around Phobos
3) Vanguard + Eris meeting
4) Taken bowing to Oryx
5) Guardian flying towards Dreadnaught
6-8) The new subclass introductions
9) Eris looking at something purple (attached to Raze-Lighter?)

And there's a lot of cutscenes of Oryx, which isn't really clear whether or not if those are different cutscenes or just the aftermath of the space battle

Thanks for the runs Xplicitone and TheTylerDurden. It was fun despite being the hardest competition I've seen probably ever. Definitely looking forward to 2.0 with the rebalances and some less stressful gametypes like Rift.

GhaleonEB

Just to clarify here...

Why are people talking about being prepped so much for tomorrow? We aren't able to move past level 34 until the 15th.... Correct?
I understand we still have a week to fill up rep, public event packages and pick up 5k bounties.

Tomorrow is all the new guts of how the game will work/play from now on. But content wise we aren't seeing anything new.

Yes?

A decent amount of new content drops tomorrow.

1) All eight Crucible maps on two of the new game types tomorrow.
2) Probably new Taken public events.
3) New tower stuff (kiosks,etc.)
4) We can start field testing new weapons with the Gunsmith on Wednesday, to earn rep toward the first Armsday. This might be the only way to try out some of the new weapons until the 15th.
5) NorthGhost
6) Reorganization of the base game and prior expansions into quest lines.

The last two are why a lot of us are spinning up a new build tomorrow.

All new crucible maps and modes are playable for everyone tomorrow. Other than that you are right, there's no point in being prepared in bounties and rep unless you don't plan on playing for a week.

Just to clarify here...

Why are people talking about being prepped so much for tomorrow? We aren't able to move past level 34 until the 15th.... Correct?
I understand we still have a week to fill up rep, public event packages and pick up 5k bounties.

Tomorrow is all the new guts of how the game will work/play from now on. But content wise we aren't seeing anything new.

Yes?

Well, there might be different quests to complete bounties. But regardless, there are 16 slots versus 10, so it doesn't hurt to keep some 5k bounties done now. Plus, all unfinished bounties except exotic are going to be wiped, so people want to finish those as well. And if you have nothing to level up now, then why not keep some.

I won't have much time to play this week myself so I'm finishing everything I can now. 6 new plus a few unfinished is plenty for me to work with.

Via reddit
Destiny%202.0%20hype!

Rip Hypehorn
ssTH1Kt

Trace

Banned
Thanks for all the great fun everyone in Year 1! See you tomorrow when Year 2 drops, I hope the next year will be as good as this one was :)

Thanks for the runs Xplicitone and TheTylerDurden. It was fun despite being the hardest competition I've seen probably ever. Definitely looking forward to 2.0 with the rebalances and some less stressful gametypes like Rift.

Indeed. I had fun 88% of the time. That one team with 2x Final Rounders that we took to the 9th / Final Round were so lame. They used final round on every single round. Sorry for the rage I had during that match haha.

But yea I'm with you. I'm more than ready for 2.0 now. That map is also ridiculous. 3/4ths of the fights happen between Bravo and Inside or middle and inside.

Year 1, farewell. I'm ready for the fresh start.

darknil

Well. It was a good final day of Year 1 for me. I've learned how to be the swordbearer in Crota, got a Crux of Crota for the effort.

Then I went to the lighthouse to end it all. (Had the LH because of Drizz, of course).

For tomorrow what worries me is that I can't use remote play to force the update to start, oh well, MGSV.

Still need a title for tomorrow's OT.

densitygraph pls

I have the best worst ones for you:

Year 1 sees the final round.
Year 1 came and gone like a Blink
The only Rift is the Rift in your pants
from weapons 2.0
Christmas in September.
Feeling Oh Sigh Rusty.
Bye bye bye
No longer thorny nor ghallahorny

Yup, probably covered a lot of bad ones. Can't wait to come up with more.

To all guardians who don't final round, Thorn, or bonk shotgun, you're in the lead!

On time to sleep.

Rift hype tho. Buying some beers after work for tonight's Crucible train. We gotta get a 6 man GAF team to kick off 2.0

Hyped for a rift train as well, I'm just hoping the patch downloads at full speed. It should take an hour on my connection though from previous experience i'm not holding out much hope

Top Bottom