• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Raybunny

Hyped for a rift train as well, I'm just hoping the patch downloads at full speed. It should take an hour on my connection though from previous experience i'm not holding out much hope

Will take forever in my case then. I always get home when everyone in europe is patching. I might get a way to start my ps4 since it will go in rest mode after a while I should be gold when I return.

Destiny2.0|OT| We're going going, back back, to Alpha Alpha
Destiny%202.0%20hype!

Oh uh. Notorious MATH is in the building!

Dalek

Thanks to Out 1 and iRAWRasaurus for helping me beat Skolas in one easy match! You guys are my GAF heroes and because of you I finished my triumphs and got Elder Cipher to drop!

So happy right now.

Shito

Also if anyone doesn't want to miss out on the Eris shaders you might want to pick them up before the patch. From what I've seen her new inventory doesn't have them, so I'm not sure if they will be obtainable or not.
Thanks for the reminder, bought all of her shaders and emblems before heading to work, just in case. :)

Out 1

Thanks to Out 1 and iRAWRasaurus for helping me beat Skolas in one easy match! You his are my GAF heroes and because of you I finished my triumphs and got Elder Cipher to drop!

So happy right now.

Glad to help! the least stressful Skolas run I've been part of so far.

upd. another Ram was waiting for me in the postmaster. fitting Year 1 wrap for my warlock lol

Thanks to Out 1 and iRAWRasaurus for helping me beat Skolas in one easy match! You guys are my GAF heroes and because of you I finished my triumphs and got Elder Cipher to drop!

So happy right now.

haha nice, congrats! I'd posted maybe 30 min ago and was worried it had gotten too late for you. DGAF holding it down, great job.

SgtCobra

2.0 hype in this beeotch, college has been killing my free time but I must experience that auto rifle buff and Thorn nerf today.

In terms of base stats, Summoner should be pretty damn solid if ARs are viable again.

It should be but I hope not, getting hit left right and centre by people spraying ARs aimlessly is probably more annoying than Thorn

I just wish they could balance it all more but that boat has long sailed with all the class abilities etc.

Thanks so much Ruthless and Space! Especially for killing the boss while I was afk :p

Now I have to go and farm spinmetal as he has no marks D: What is the world coming to.

Did Bungie say that existing Destiny+Expansions players that bought the digital legendary edition would get a bonus or was that just for the digital collectors?

Also, obligatory hype post. Left the PS4 in rest mode before heading off to work, hopefully everything is downloaded and installed by the time I get back.

deadduck

I'm hoping the AR buff isn't too extreme. They aren't too far off being viable now and as little as 10% extra damage, along with range/stability nerfs, bug fixes and changes to Thorn DoT could do it.

The new addition of variable damage drop off for different weapons could make a massive difference to the game, it could change the overall play more than the simple buffs/nerfs.

Kinda hoping the blink nerf is extreme, but I doubt it.

Because people are in different time zones.
It goes up in an hour.

I meant taking into account timezones.

A few hours ago someone said it would be in 12 hours. You're saying it's with the weekly reset, but apparently DeeJ said "morningish" PST and I wouldn't exactly call 2am "morningish". Elsewhere I saw a few other times too, but I guess they're all void given DeeJ's tweet.

ocean

Banned
It should be but I hope not, getting hit left right and centre by people spraying ARs aimlessly is probably more annoying than Thorn

I just wish they could balance it all more but that boat has long sailed with all the class abilities etc.
Weapons are basically near balanced right now except for a few details.

A handful of Exotics break the norm. TLW, Thorn and Hawkmoon all have potential for sub 0.5s kills, which is ridiculous.

But if you ignore those for a second, you'll find that Hand Cannons, Pulse/Auto/Scout Rifles all have theoretical TTK in roughly the same ballpark. HCs and PRs are in a better spot, with ARs and SRs lagging slightly behind.

Issue with Hand Cannons: TTK is perfect, they're 3 shot kills and are balanced by RoF and mag size. However, they're too effective at long range and thus make Scouts pointless. One detail: not enough differentiation between the impact classes. A low impact HC and a high impact HC have dramatically different rate of fire but they're ultimately 3 shot kills anyways.

Issue with Pulse Rifles: they're...ok really. High impact versions are a 2 burst kill. Lower impact requires 3 bursts, but this is offset by an actually *better* TTK; harder to pull off, but it balances the impact classes. Red Death is an outlier of sorts, since it's the lowest impact possible that can still kill in 2 bursts, making it a min/max version of the RoF tiers; its offset by having less than perfect stability. Again, these things are a bit too good at range but then again they're hard to use at close range so maybe that's the tradeoff?

Issue with Scouts: HCs and PRs having enough range for this Scout advantage not to matter, mostly. 4 shot Scouts have pretty good TTK considering the range they can engage at, with better RoF than HCs and higher mag size. Map design doesn't help though. Most engagements don't take place at super long range so I don't know how much can be done for these. I'd love to rock MIDA in coming days!

Issue with ARs: Honestly, just that everything else kills too fast. ARs have the perfect TTK in my opinion, and everything else should slow down to this level. As it is, they're not accurate enough to compete at range and don't kill fast enough to compete close up. They'd have to either do more damage or get more accurate or stagger enemies a bit so you can throw their aim off or something. I think it'll happen.

I'm just sad the HC Trinity will bring a nerd to the entire weapon class, when they were pretty much perfect balance outside of maybe being too accurate at range. 3 shots with mags averaging 10? It was perfect. Now they'll probably be murdered the way ARs were, a goddamn shame.

Top Bottom