• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Unstable

What are the chances of PSN going down guys?

Ha! Joking of course, we all know PSN is going down tomorrow. The real question is for how long.

So, what are you guys feeling? I'll be a little conservative, a good 12 hours, I'd say.

Zocano

Super great fun last minute 3x Crota Run Let's Get Necrochasm Run Run!

1) Zocano
2) Tragicomedy
3) SlenderBeans
4) No-Ink7
5)
6)

GhaleonEB

The criticism though has really sparked change though and I'm seeing a lot of positive attitude on 2.0 outside the community threads. Hell im fucking pumped like insane for this patch and to drop in at level 1 to experience everything. Revamped questing and omg just everything compared to a year ago it just sounds fantastic.

To me destiny tomorrow could be my new realm reborn. It's like a mini version of ffxiv to realm reborn about to happen and bring players back to the game.

I am all aboard baby woot!
Yup, agreed. Somewhere between TDB and House of Wolves Bungie began rolling out updates that were very reactive to what their fans had been asking for, and HoW really cemented the new direction Destiny was going in. Taken King looks like an extended list of community wish fulfillment, in many ways. I think it has a lot to do with its ongoing success.

I think we can agree that HM Crota was probably our lowest point.
It was certainly my low point, that was not a pleasant experience, even if I was sword bearer (and maybe because I was). On the flip side, my first Skolas kill was the highest gaming high I've ever had, bar none. We learned the mechanics together, and inched further and further into the fight with each wipe. It took me hours to come down from that one.

I hope TTK brings a lot more encounters like that, rather than Crota's End HM.

Xion385

Year One Memories:

My first 20 was my Warlock. Time passed and it became my Titan. My first exotic was Suros. And of course loot cave. Who will ever forgot spending hours at a time shooting into a damn cave hoping for at least a blue. Then towards the end of October I burnt myself out. It wasn't until Christmas break that found out about Destiny Gaf. First person I met here was ReignofSparrows. DGAF community is easily the reason why I still play this game. Shalashaska161 invited me to my first raid, Crota, and with his group carried me through my first raid. It made Destiny fun again for me. My favorite memory with DGAF is when I got my first Gjallarhorn from the VoG chest. I think I left everyone deaf in that party chat. I think I broke. Lol(Sorry to everyone that day, but I'm not sorry for being happy).

So for all the memories created in Year One, here's to more memories created in Year Two.

Thanks DGAF!

Ah, ok. So are those not worth grinding for?

Well it depends on the Exotic. But it's still most of them. So the only Exotics you can't get from VoG would be 4th Horseman, Dragon's Breath, the PoE Exotics, Nechrochasm, Exotic Bounties, No Land Beyond.

So if you like collecting them all, and you still need a Truth or a Monte Carlo, VoG is best place to "grind" for it, since the new exotics aren't included in any drops.

is 2.0 gonna wipe my wanted bounties from Petra? I didn't turn them in because I wanted to save the xp for when the leveling system is changed.

xinek

Well it depends on the Exotic. But it's still most of them. So the only Exotics you can't get from VoG would be 4th Horseman, Dragon's Breath, the PoE Exotics, Nechrochasm, Exotic Bounties, No Land Beyond.

So if you like collecting them all, and you still need a Truth or a Monte Carlo, VoG is best place to "grind" for it, since the new exotics aren't included in any drops.

Ok, makes sense. I actually don't have any exotic weapons at all yet. It's made Crucible a chore, that's for sure...

Afrocious

So no Crota for me tonight. Thanks to figs suggesting I do Trials of Osiris, I became 34 in a few hours.

I was basically carried, which is fine considering this is the first time I've played Destiny in a year on the PS4. I don't like being carried necessarily, but everything turned out alright in the end. Didn't get to head to the lighthouse, but I've decided to invest some time into PvP when I can.

So this upcoming week, if everything goes well with this update coming out tomorrow, I plan on doing Crota (much like everyone else running a weekly raid I guess lol). Hopefully I can join up with folks.

I guess we'll all be back at square one sort of when TTK drops, so I'm hoping it'll be similar to vanilla all over again in Year 2.

Ok, makes sense. I actually don't have any exotic weapons at all yet. It's made Crucible a chore, that's for sure...

Right now it kind of is. But Exotics aren't NEEDED to do well in Crucible. They are definitely fantastic, but don't let that scare you away. Especially after the patch tomorrow, the current Thorn meta will shift a bit at least.

I am disappoint, you linked the best opening but only the song. The animation is essential.

Also really excited (and scared) for the 2.0 patch. Hopefully i wont kill myself while reading this thread until i can play destiny.
Full song is the best tho.

Don't die o_o
Quickly TO THE PANIC ROOM!

Does anyone feel like helping me run through Skolas? It's the last thing I need for my Moments of Triumph.

Hit me up on PSN/PS4 if you're game, my tag is BarrowRoll.

Xion385

I haven't been on in like a month or two, so am I reading this correctly? They rebuffed Auto Rifles and Suros is getting buffed?

Top Bottom