• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Lothars

If you can run through an entire strike shot gunning everything (ultras and bosses included) then your gun is broken. This is exactly the same reason they nerfed gjally, and the sniper twins.
The gun wasn't broken, I know you are pretending that they were but it doesn't make it fact. They were also lower level in strikes which should go down really quick.

Defending this nerf makes me smh

Shiv47

So with shotguns getting nerfed, is Lord of Wolves still worth getting? I have the Cipher completing with the patch, but now it looks like the sniper might be the one to get? I mean, they'll all drop in PoE now anyway, but still.

j-wood

I still cannot believe they are removing content for the previous two "expansions". What the fuck did I buy those for then?

How are more people not complaining about this.

OH WOW

RANDOMLY CHOSEN MEGAPERKS FOR YEAR 2 YEAR 1 EXOTICS

Evidence this is true directly from B.net.

But at least you can reforge.

I guess they wanted to add a) another materials/currency sink and b) this goes along with their goal of adding optimization.

For example, Helm of St. 14 has blind bubble sure, but it also has increased super energy from killing minions of the darkness. Which is worthless in PvP. Now I could get a duplicate and roll perks specific to each one.

I think I like this?

ViciousDS

Banned
Dat skip cutscene button

Also nolanborg>dinklebot in the first 15 seconds. I'm going to enjoy this

COZrgOEWcAAvcjS

Kyoufu

I still cannot believe they are removing content for the previous two "expansions". What the fuck did I buy those for then?

They're not removing them. More like revamping to fit with current in-game events.

border

If you can run through an entire strike shot gunning everything (ultras and bosses included) then your gun is broken. This is exactly the same reason they nerfed gjally, and the sniper twins.
I think most people would prefer an "overpowered broken" gun over a "useless broken" gun.

And why should Bungie really give a shit if people can steam roll strikes with great gear? They aren't endgame activities with incredible rewards or anything.

ocean

Banned
God forbid that somebody playing a single player mission at max level be able to down an enemy quickly with an exotic.

They weren't broken that's the thing, They are broken now because they will probably be useless like they were originally.

I just don't see how anyone can say that is a good thing and mean it.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nTl-HRQNA_w&feature=youtu.be

I'll let it go since there's no point in arguing this any further, but just to be clear:

You're suggesting a shotgun - for which ammo is readily available throughout an entire mission or Strike - should be able to down a level 30 Major like it was a Dreg on Patrol?

Thunderlord can't do this (or any Machine Gun). Fusion Rifles can't either. Neither can Snipers (majors can tank a few headshots). Outside Ghorn, no RL can either.

Like maybe I'm insane or missing a detail or something but are you all suggesting Shotguns should have stayed this insanely superior to literally everything else in the game?

EloquentM

aka Mannny
The gun wasn't broken, I know you are pretending that they were but it doesn't make it fact. They were also lower level in strikes which should go down really quick.

Defending this nerf makes me smh
Lol we gonna get playground levels of shaming here huh? Lol I'm "pretending". Continue on with your complaining this is a good change.

noomi

*Reads over patch notes*

*See's no changes to Bladedancers Quickdraw perk*

I don't care about anything else, I'm happy, and lol @ that nonexistent Blink nerf.

Best perk out of all subclasses <3 quick draw

So did the marks convert yet?

I don't think so, probably when TTK actually hits next week. Same for unified class materials transparently.

Oh my.... that is a sexy looking ship. Need it!

j-wood

They're not removing them. More like revamping to fit with current in-game events.

It straight up says "wolf packs no longer appear in events as they retreat because oryx is coming"

Then completely removed bounties from the first expansion.

What are people who bought the first two dlcs but aren't getting taken king supposed to do? Be ok that bungie is taking away something they paid for?

Kyoufu

I like how some people can immediately tell how good/bad a weapon type is going to be by reading the patch notes.

I wish I had that level of insight.

It straight up says "wolf packs no longer appear in events as they retreat because oryx is coming"

Then completely removed bounties from the first expansion.

What are people who bought the first two dlcs but aren't getting taken king supposed to do? Be ok that bungie is taking away something they paid for?

Read further... there will be new Petra bounties.

exYle

Bungie is back up! Looking at the new weapon exotics:

New Auto Rifles:
Fabian Strategy - Front Lines
This weapon has increased handling, stability and rate of fire when enemies are close.
Life Support
Kills with this weapon while critically wounded have a chance to start regenerating health.

Zhalo Supercell - Zhalo Supercell
Arc projectiles have the chance to chain lightning when enemies are close together.
Bolts from the Blue
Double kills with this weapon charge a small amount of Super energy and return ammo to the magazine.
Persistence
This weapon grows more accurate the longer it is fired.

New Scout Rifles:
Tlaloc - Overflow
This weapon has better handling, rate of fire and stability while the wielder's Super is charged.
Eye of the Storm
This weapon becomes more accurate as your health gets lower.

Boolean Gemini - One Way
Bonus Agility on precision kills. Stacks up to three times.
Or Another
Bonus Armor on non-precision kills. Stacks up to three times.

The Jade Rabbit -
The Fate of All Fools (!!!!!!!)
Chain body shots to gain bonus damage on your next precision shot and return ammo to the mag.

New Hand Cannons:
Ace of Spades - Maverick
Precision kills move one round from your ammo reserves into the magazine.
Firefly
Precision kills with this weapon cause the target to explode.

The First Curse - Dead Eye
Bonus to range, stability, and movement speed when aiming down sights.
Triple Tap
Rapidly landing precision hits will return one round to the magazine.
The First Curse
Precision kills while aiming down sights grant increased range and stability until the next reload.

New Shotgun:
The Chaperone - Solar Damage
This weapon causes Solar Damage.
The Roadborn
Precision kills briefly grant bonus handling, range and precision damage with this weapon.
The Survivor
Three rapid precision kills while Born on the Road is active will return two rounds to the chamber.
The Chaperone
This weapon fires a single precision slug. Grants Agility boost.

New Fusion Rifle:
Telesto - Void Damage
This weapon causes Void Damage.
Harbinger's Spark
Multikills with this weapon spawn Orbs for your allies.
Unplanned Reprieve
Fusion projectiles attach and detonate with a delayed Void blast.

New Sniper Rifle:
Hereafter - Arc Damage
This weapon causes Arc Damage.
The Hereafter
Crouching increases scope zoom and makes it easier to aim under fire.
Blinding Light
Precision kills with this weapon have the chance to cause a bright flash that can blind nearby enemies.
Perfectionist
Magazine is refunded if all shots fired are precision kills.

Shito

Oh the patch notes are there?
I have a looot of reading to do it seems... ^^

[EDIT]
Wow those exotics!
My girlfriend will love that Hand Cannon section...

2real4tv

Wait damage for Hunter Arc grenade as been reduced but they did nothing to the any of the OP Warlock grenades? Maybe I am missing it in the notes?

flkraven

Spoiler for a perk on one of the Titan exotic helms:

Primary Perks

Air Traffic Control

All Rocket Launchers gain tracking, radar remains visible while zooming with Heavy Weapons, and Heavy Ammo drops increase when using a Rocket Launcher.

This should be fun.

I thought 100% shotgun buff was a little too much, and maybe reduce it so it's 50%.

So Original Value * 2 (100% increase) * 0.55 (45% reduction) so it's only 10% bigger from original value? That's extreme!!!

willow ve

After a full year of shit download speeds, downloading errors, and other miscellaneous tomfoolery when it came to internet troubles... finally figured it out.

Router had a setting turned on that enabled keyword filtering. For some reason this interfered with large downloads (and occasional high bandwidth streaming services).

Disabled that one setting, and now the Xbox One is fully saturating the bandwidth available on my connection.

FAKE EDIT

After typing that out my blazing fast download just shit the bed. Nothing else was affected, just the Destiny download frozen at 4%. Thanks Obama.

GhaleonEB

Other than Eris' original bounties, I'm not aware of anything removed from the prior DLC's. What are you talking about?

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I think most people would prefer an "overpowered broken" gun over a "useless broken" gun.

And why should Bungie really give a shit if people can steam roll strikes with great gear? They aren't endgame activities with incredible rewards or anything.
Strikes have loot tables with specific rewards

stb

Spoiler for a perk on one of the Titan exotic helms:

Primary Perks

Air Traffic Control

All Rocket Launchers gain tracking, radar remains visible while zooming with Heavy Weapons, and Heavy Ammo drops increase when using a Rocket Launcher.

This should be fun.

Good lord.

Just spotted something in the database.
Legendary Weapon Spoilers
Looks like the orange-colored crucible drops are returning in TtK. Just spotted level 40 versions of The Revelator, Spare Change .25, and NL Shadow 701X. Also spotted a reskinned Variks AR that can drop from strikes.

Top Bottom