• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Someone said that PVP now gives 30 rep for Crucible and 15 for faction.

I don't know why but I thought that this week with all the weapon testing and all new modes available for everyone, would be some kind of a "testing period" and won't be giving any rep until TTK launches.

Since I edged my factions I don't want to play cause I'm gonna go over the edge and lose 2 year 2 legendaries/engrams right from the bat on TTK launch.
On the other hand I want to try out new modes, so all in all I'm screwed if I understand correctly how this works.
Just play, you'll get your packages eventually anyways.

Okay, so different question. What do I have to do to get the gear that allows me to play the most challenging PvE content, and how has that changed?

Do you actually want to know, or are you just looking for something to complain about?

Because you don't really seem all that inquisitive.

GutZ31

Okay, so different question. What do I have to do to get the gear that allows me to play the most challenging PvE content, and how has that changed?
If you get gear that's legendary, and you really like its stats, you can sacrifice other gear to level it.

The gear you use to sacrifice for another to level needs to be at, or above the light/attack/defence of the one you wish to keep.

neoism

DOWNLOADddddddddd

how-to-draw-rage-face-rage-face-step-7_1_000000064727_2.jpg

GhaleonEB

We'll know more when TTK launches. But as for changes:

1) Much of the high end gear is obtained through quest lines, not RNG (all of the swords, for example.)
2) Faction and Vanguard packages guarantee a legendary drop. You can level Vanguard and a faction at the same time.
3) With Armsday via the Gunsmith, you pick what weapon you want from a rotating stock. You can order up to 3 weapons per week with a high enough level.
4) You can level and buy stuff from factions via PvE.
5) New chain of Crucible bounties drop "Nightfall level" gear once a week.
6) RNG system updated across all activities to take into account what you have earned and tips in that direction.
7) All legendary and exotic gear can be ascended (improved) by consuming more powerful gear from that slot, so you can pick what gear gets you there.
8) Since armor, weapons, ghost shell, faction item all contribute to Light, you won't be gated by just getting that one item. Lots of stuff of your choosing will get you there.

There's more, but those are the essentials.

Same question. Wtf?

This has been known for a little while im afraid - 40 light levels below an enemy and you cannot damage them.

The XP and light system is essentially the same as it is now apart from two key differences:-

1. Your light level goes up more slowly/incrementally across all gear so you don't suddenly jump one level from 33 to 34

2. The impact of your light versus enemy light is more graduated - so it's spread out over 40 light levels rather than 4 and being one light level difference no longer means a 30% nerf to damage in AND damage out.

Datto showed a vid last week where at light 200 he could literally do no damage to light level 240 - just like now you can't damage something 5 light levels above you.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Do you actually want to know, or are you just looking for something to complain about?

Because you don't really seem all that inquisitive.

I played over 100 hours at launch and wrote a lot about my issues with the game. I'd happily return if most of my complaints are addressed, and when I saw that light levels were going away I made an assumption about what effect that would have on content accessibility that seemed to be incorrect. So yes, I actually want to know.

This has been known for a little while im afraid - 40 light levels below an enemy and you cannot damage them.

The XP and light system is essentially the same as it is now apart from two key differences:-

1. Your light level goes up more slowly/incrementally across all gear so you don't suddenly jump one level from 33 to 34

2. The impact of your light versus enemy light is more graduated - so it's spread out over 40 light levels rather than 4 and being one light level difference no longer means a 30% nerf to damage in AND damage out.

Datto showed a vid last week where at light 200 he could literally do no damage to light level 240 - just like now you can't damage something 5 light levels above you.

I don't understand. I guess I have to see it in motion.

Top Bottom