• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Dude. It's like you read my mind. Just last night, I was checking out the career page on Bungie's site.

The reason I became a dev was to make videogames so...

That's awesome! Glad to know there's at least another :)

I've been eyeing that position for quite some time. I wish I knew someone who could tell us a little more about it! I wonder if Luke Smith knows :p

E92 M3

THIS UPDATE IS SO GOOD. SO many new items I don't even know what to do. Also, very jealous of everyone that got their exotic items now.

Something we don't talk about enough is how Destiny's online code is good. For all the bitching it gets about laggy PVP, the global infrastructure really is awesome when you consider that:
- it was already working nearly perfectly ever since the alpha
- it rarely errors out
- there is no long weekly or even monthly or even at all maintenance window when no one can play

Playing the SF5 beta opened my eyes about Bungie's incredible work on that front.
Hope you're still reading this Luke, this comes from someone working daily on an online social game with nearly 10 million DAU. ^^
Mad respect to your network team.

Wow you work on a big game like that?! That's awesome!

ocean

Banned
Warbulletproof stream for details on different weapons.

He's liking TLW and Hard Light
Vex still ass
Mgir went Gunslinger, said Blink is dead
Trying out different stuff

Obviously these impressions are super preliminary but it's an interesting take from the sweatiest guys in the game

lt519

Moving fast..

Anyone else besides me and rob not able to see their characters in the App or website?

Vex still ass

Obviously these impressions are super preliminary but it's an interesting take from the sweatiest guys in the game

Dead because of shotgun nerf or because of the blink nerf?

GFOMWXu.jpg
HOT DAMM

17 hours to go, anyway of speeding this up?

Wow that spoilered terribly.

As a Warlock (master race) this is sexy as fuck

Vex still ass

Gunslinger with ahamkara should be ace

KxoZz

My download went from 100 mins to 3 hours...
it's past 10pm here and I have to go out in the morning tomorrow. I have no time for this shit D:

Thinking of just going to bed and getting up at 4am or something.

Rubenov

Vex still ass
Interesting, I only use Blink to get to places faster and not for blink-shotgun... and with Quickdraw intact I don't think I'm abandoning the Bladedancer class. Gunslinger got more interesting, though.

Anything interesting happen in Destiny today or why is this thread moving so fast?

Ned, the whole game has changed. A massive update to balance most of the weapons, and even subclasses. Blink shotgun Thorn arc bolt firebolt, all nerfed pretty good! It's great now

That's quite a statement! You're asking too much of players in the first hours of a brand new mode.
I'm exaggerating of course (I'll play it again) but it was a really bad first round.
I thought they would learn after the first carrier was killed for charging ahead of the team, but they kept doing it over and over lol

MrDaravon

At a faction vendor now, the material exchange for rep counts (this is ignoring the NF exp bonus which I still have for some reason?):

5 Motes of light = 100 rep
25 Weapon Parts = 50 rep
25 Armor Materials = ??? (can't check yet)
25 class-specific armor materials (ex Sapphire Wire) = 50 rep
4 Special Ammo synths = 25 rep
1 Heavy Ammo synth = 25 rep

Also maybe I'm crazy, but I could have sworn that we were going to also have the option to trade in planetary materials for rep? Either I'm wrong, or that's not live yet or something. Super bummed :(.

Vex still ass

sounds like i have to paint myself blue now.

Top Bottom