• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

GrizzNKev

Banned
We'll know more when TTK launches. But as for changes:

1) Much of the high end gear is obtained through quest lines, not RNG (all of the swords, for example.)
2) Faction and Vanguard packages guarantee a legendary drop. You can level Vanguard and a faction at the same time.
3) With Armsday via the Gunsmith, you pick what weapon you want from a rotating stock. You can order up to 3 weapons per week with a high enough level.
4) You can level and buy stuff from factions via PvE.
5) New chain of Crucible bounties drop "Nightfall level" gear once a week.
6) RNG system updated across all activities to take into account what you have earned and tips in that direction.
7) All legendary and exotic gear can be ascended (improved) by consuming more powerful gear from that slot, so you can pick what gear gets you there.
8) Since armor, weapons, ghost shell, faction item all contribute to Light, you won't be gated by just getting that one item. Lots of stuff of your choosing will get you there.

There's more, but those are the essentials.

Sounds like a big improvement, but there's a lot there to take into account that I probably won't fully grasp until I play the game, and starting with a new character will probably help too. Thanks for the info.

This makes me want to apply for Bungie's Online Engineer even more. Plus my work is getting boring and it's been my dream since Halo to work for Bungie.

Moving to Seattle would be pretty weird. I've thought about it during the last year but now I can't contain my thoughts.

Someone said that PVP now gives 30 rep for Crucible and 15 for faction.

Since I edged my factions I don't want to play cause I'm gonna go over the edge and lose 2 year 2 legendaries/engrams right from the bat on TTK launch.
On the other hand I want to try out new modes, so all in all I'm screwed if I understand correctly how this works.

You edged ALL your factions? I edged DO...so I think i'll just pledge NM this week for Crucible purposes and then pledge DO next week.

Afrocious

This makes me want to apply for Bungie's Online Engineer even more. Plus my work is getting boring and it's been my dream since Halo to work for Bungie.

Moving to Seattle would be pretty weird. I've thought about it during the last year but now I can't contain my thoughts.

Dude. It's like you read my mind. Just last night, I was checking out the career page on Bungie's site.

The reason I became a dev was to make videogames so...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It's not dead man. BELIEVE.

I will real deal be upset if I launch crucible in a bit and all the handcannons suck rofl
I mean, I'm ready to change up my playstyle with HCs overall to give them a fair shake. They should never have been the minisnipers that they were. But if Auto Rifles are approaching their original effectiveness... they're soooo easy to use in comparison. It'll be a bit frustrating.

I'm crazy hyped for ThornShotgun neutering though, and have my suspicions about where a lot of my Crucible kills will come from in the next few weeks...

neoism

o man i cant wait to play on the new maps..... RIFT

kreygasm.png

eFKac

You edged ALL your factions? I edged DO...so I think i'll just pledge NM this week for Crucible purposes and then pledge DO next week.

No, didn't edge FWC. I hope we can change the pledge next week. Will lose Crucible though, and I already fucked up yesterday when I forgot to wear the DO cloak and got over the edge on Vanguard lol...

phen0m24

I can't wait to break out the Timepiece some more and wreck

EVERYONE

ok not really. Mostly I die. But it's pretty fun regardless.

X-Frame

Damn I went out for lunch and came back to like 15 pages (with 100pp). I left right before the patch notes dropped.

I don't even know where to begin ..

So should I roll my factions now, or...? I really wish this download would just finish so I could see for myself :/

Well there's no new faction stuff yet.

I don't know man. Im just going to play the game and see what happens. Max/min at a time like this seems super unfun to me.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Has anyone used Suros or Hard Light yet? How are they now? Or any of the Vanilla auto rifles (vanquisher/shadow price/etc)?

Shito

Something we don't talk about enough is how Destiny's online code is good. For all the bitching it gets about laggy PVP, the global infrastructure really is awesome when you consider that:
- it was already working nearly perfectly ever since the alpha
- it rarely errors out
- there is no long weekly or even monthly or even at all maintenance window when no one can play

Playing the SF5 beta opened my eyes about Bungie's incredible work on that front.
Hope you're still reading this Luke, this comes from someone working daily on an online social game with nearly 10 million DAU. ^^
Mad respect to your network team.

Kade

My game is updating on PS4! :)

See you when it finishes on Friday.

Update said "(93 Minutes Left)" when I made this post. It's still not done. :(

I thought I'd get to play a bunch before my appointment but instead I fully downloaded, installed and played an hour of ESO on PC (double the size of this update), played a handful of rounds of Mortal Kombat X, showered and ate lunch and it's still not finished. PSN is slow as heck.

they also reduced the damage increase from burn modifers. 2x damage now, instead of 3x.

too much stuff to keep up with. i'm glad they released this patch before TTK.

Top Bottom