• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Trace

Banned
;__;

Load faster, update! I need to find out for myself what they've done to my Hawkmoon!

Main problem is the range. Hawkmoon felt almost like a sniper to me last week, this week I'm losing long-range engagements to pretty much anything that isn't an auto rifle.

Headshot damage went from 94 > 90 so it's not too terrible.

ViciousDS

Banned
Damn don't remember getting ghosts this badass at level 13.
COa7QIrUwAAUbAO.jpg:large

Got this for the worlds grave story quest....quests are fucking awesome

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I've paid pretty close attention to everyone's posts on the weapon sandbox rebalance since the patch went live, and I trust the opinions of those I've read. I'm sure I'll form my own opinions tonight as well. I just wanted to mention... it's very difficult to immediately suss out all the implications of a wide meta shift like this. Especially with a huge swath of new gear and entire new subclasses coming in a week, it's sort of fruitless to try and draw any solid conclusions about "the way things will be." Even things that seem obviously dominant or subpar, or even wholly unchanged right now may look very different in light of the spread of options they are eventually compared to down the line. It will take a while for everything to shake out, which is for the best- and I hope at least some of you out there will keep this in mind and just try to have fun without dwelling too much on what is or isn't the way it should be right now.

Agent

Noticed my download speed was slowing down, so I paused then unpaused. Maybe I'll get to play by the time TTK releases.

COa6hp5UwAAe1vN.jpg

Actually as I type this I did it again and it went to 80 minutes, the lowest its been. Why can't PSN just give a consistent download speed?

Main problem is the range. Hawkmoon felt almost like a sniper to me last week, this week I'm losing long-range engagements to pretty much anything that isn't an auto rifle.

Headshot damage went from 94 > 90 so it's not too terrible.

They really nerfed the hell out of all the year one perks across the board. Sad to see that the Agg Balls and hammer forged nerf have damaged the Hawkmoon. I figured if any of the three exotic handcannons made it through it would be the Hawkmoon.

Ugh, is there some kind of trick to getting this installed (on Xbox One)? I started the patch download at 10:20am Pacific only to check back at 12:00pm and find the install failed at 2% and refusing to resume. After trying for 20 minutes I decided to do a full reinstall, but then Destiny itself refused to download. Now I finally got it to start downloading around an hour ago and it's been stuck at 5% (but not failing, just not downloading) for like 40-45 minutes, and nothing I do gets it moving. :| This is driving me nuts.

So is there any point in experimenting with weapons? I've tried a bunch of different primary exotics and they all still get wrecked by thorn or TLW.

What a travesty.

nOoblet16

Small note people

If you want to use TLW, use Soft Ballistics !!

The additional damage from aggressive ballistics gets negated by the severe damage drop off, but if you use Soft Ballistics you actually do better damage wise over distance AND you get a controllable recoil since without Soft Ballistics the recoil is insane even with perfect ballance.

I've paid pretty close attention to everyone's posts on the weapon sandbox rebalance since the patch went live, and I trust the opinions of those I've read. I'm sure I'll form my own opinions tonight as well. I just wanted to mention... it's very difficult to immediately suss out all the implications of a wide meta shift like this. Especially with a huge swath of new gear and entire new subclasses coming in a week, it's sort of fruitless to try and draw any solid conclusions about "the way things will be." Even things that seem obviously dominant or subpar, or even wholly unchanged right now may look very different in light of the spread of options they are eventually compared to down the line. It will take a while for everything to shake out, which is for the best- and I hope at least some of you out there will keep this in mind and just try to have fun without dwelling too much on what is or isn't the way it should be right now.

The Hawkmoon denial is real.

j/k, you're right. We wont know how the game really plays until October.

Small note people

The additional damage from aggressive ballistics gets negated by the severe damage drop off, but if you use Soft Ballistics you actually better damage wise over distance AND you get a controllable recoil since without Soft Ballistics the recoil is insane even with perfect ballance.

It's about time. Aggressive Ballistics ruined the weapon.

void666

Banned
The DNS trick actually slowed down my download speed. Back to default. 5 hours left.

I feel like a kid at christmas morning and there's nothing under the tree.

Rest mode fucked me. I came home on lunch to start the download, said 3 hours. That was 4 hours ago. Turn PS4 on from rest mode, now I'm at 55 minutes

At least your rest mode did something. Mind decided to download exactly 0kb of the update file. Pretty sweet watching this download happen though.

Hedera

Can someone with the Hunter's "Cloak of the Exodus" (it's the Dead Orbit one from vanilla or dark bellow) confirm if theirs changed color? Mine was black and after the patch it changed to white...the hell?

Basically it looked like this:
And now it looks like this:

Small note people

The additional damage from aggressive ballistics gets negated by the severe damage drop off, but if you use Soft Ballistics you actually better damage wise over distance AND you get a controllable recoil since without Soft Ballistics the recoil is insane even with perfect ballance.

So is there any point in experimenting with weapons? I've tried a bunch of different primary exotics and they all still get wrecked by thorn or TLW.

What a travesty.

kristen-laugh-cry-1436968659.gif

Anastasis

Hard to keep up with this thread. So patrols aren't giving rep. What about bounties? Missions? Strikes? PvP? I've got many factions edged and I don't want to go over by accident. Thanks!

willow ve

Feel like with the next update patch they should put everyone in a queue. Seems like everyone hitting the server all at once (doubly so due to background and automatic downloading of updates on PS4 and X1) is doomed to fail.

Instead only allow active connections based on available server load. So if only 10,000 players can download at once then put us in line and give the full bandwidth to those 10,000 - they get as much as they can handle - when that's done we move on to the next in line.

This stop / start / restart / error / shit is just frustrating and aggravating in a game the mandates a digital download. I'm all for going 100% digital (even double dipped on the base game just so I could ditch my original disc), but this shit needs to be sorted.

Insult to injury - Destiny update timed out so frequently that the Halo Channel app jumped in, maxed the bandwidth, and updated in less than 60 seconds. Then the X1 tried to get Destiny back in the queue.

So... yeah.

The the class quest step 3 (get to Level 30) gives you a Blue class item with light.

For Warlocks it's 180 Light.
For Titans it's 160 Light.

bungie, pls.

Hard to keep up with this thread. So patrols aren't giving rep. What about bounties? Missions? Strikes? PvP? I've got many factions edged and I don't want to go over by accident. Thanks!

Thread sure has slowed down, though. Everyone must be playing. 10 minutes left on my DL and then I still have to install it apparently.

Also got screwed by rest mode. Never again!

Came home from work and it hadn't even started. Now sitting at 100 minutes. The wait will be unbearable.

I think I'll watch some Strain.

Can someone with the Hunter's "Cloak of the Exodus" (it's the Dead Orbit one from vanilla or dark bellow) confirm if theirs changed color? Mine was black and after the patch it changed to white...the hell?

Basically it looked like this:

And now it looks like this:

From the companion app it looks the same. Your second screenshot also has the word "Alpha" in it. Where'd you get it? Are you sure that's from today?

Xion385

That Defender Quest kill inside the ward must be bugged. I'm killing five enemies at a time while inside the ward and none of them counted. Granted I completed it, but that part is bugged.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The Hawkmoon denial is real.
Hehe. Sadly, it is sounding to me like the Hawkmoon neutering may be the realest of them all. I have a feeling than the difference of 10 range between in and Thorn (re: Hammer Forged vs. Send It) is creating a more pronounced damage dropoff than I would've expected, when it shouldn't have been losing out in terms of raw range to Thorn in the first place :( Of course, I'll give it a shot and see how it feels. I know it won't function like it used to but I still enjoy legendary hand cannons (unlike many) and have adjusted my playstyle to accomodate their rebalanced strengths before, so I might have a more favorable view. Still, sad to see such a consensus about its nerf.

However, and I must stress this one, Hawkmoon seemed to be one of the confirmed Year 2 Exotics, and who knows what that baby will do.

Top Bottom