• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Shito

Everyone, which Elder Cipher gun should I take?

I was going to take the Lord of Wolves but with the recent PvE nerf to shotguns I am not sure if it is still worth it. Can't be as bad as Greg's Promise so maybe the Bow?
I'm in the same boat as you, I will probably wait for things to get a bit more clear before making a choice.
Maybe with the 15% buff to fusion rifles the Bow is now a better choice for PVE?
But Lord of Wolves sounds so damn fun...

outsida

50+Mbits on Xbox now. I think they've fixed it. I've downloaded more in the last 10 minutes than I have in the six hours.

1 hour left.

70e01d118e1719cb1e1c99cfe6e73d3a.png

vctor182

On my lunch hour I went home to start the update but to my surprise my PS3 already had it downloaded and installed, ready to go! What a glorious day.

Played PvP and tested TLW, Hawkmoon and Hard Light so here are my 2cents

TLW: It's still really good, I felt that hip firing it was really improved more accurate than before and made me using it like that for the whole match. ADS took a hit and the map didn't help as I was getting use to it (first time playing it in a control game)

Hawkmoon: Is as deadly as before IMO. I never used it to snipe people and by sniping I mean like in Rusted Lands from the small tower between A 6 C to the crates near the C spawing camp. I played Black Shield and was able to outgun a sniper from the Heavy Ammo crate in B to the special ammo crate behind the buiding next to B. What I like about it now is that you can hear a sound when you fire a special bullet so you don't reload as much as before.

Hard Light: More balanced and more deadly, you can now control a lot more the recoil of the gun will be one of my picks from now on.

I saw some Thorns and man they got hit bad, which is a good thing. I'll play some more in the night.

EL CUCO

It seems that when the PS4 is in rest mode, its literally RESTING. Just started to DL patch...only 38 more hours left to go.

*pause, resume*

Oh, only 18 hours -_____-

The update took all day to download, but at least I was out doing stuff. Even after following all of the weekly updates and streams closely, the new interface, options, and tweaks have me so excited, you guys. Can't believe I'm this giddy.

Year One Perks
We have revisted all of these Year One stat perks and reduced the amount they buff your weapon stat to re-normalize against Year Two weapon lethality and reinforce specialization so players are making meaningful trade-offs on weapons.

To compensate for the weaker stat perks from launch weapons, we added some new stat perks (introduced in House of Wolves) that provided a significant increase to a stat in exchange for a reduction in other stats. This allows players to be able to spike a stat that reinforces their specialized play style, but at a cost.

Accelerated Coils: Reduced charge time by 50%
Accurized Ballistics: Reduced range and damage bonus by 50%
Aggressive Ballistics: Reduced damage bonus by 50%. Increased stability and range penalties by 100%
Aggressive Launch: Reduced damage bonus by 50%. Increased stability and projectile speed penalty by 100%
Confined Launch: Increased projectile speed penalty by 25%. Reduced stability bonus by 33%
CQB Ballistics: Reduced range bonus by 25%. Reduced stability bonus by 33%
Enhanced Battery: Reduced magazine bonus by 60%
Extended Mag: Reduced magazine bonus by 33%
Field Choke: Reduced damage bonus by 50%. Reduced range bonus by 60%. Reduced stability penalty by 20%
Field Scout: No longer affects magazine. Reduced inventory bonus by 37%
Fitted Stock: Reduced stability bonus by 60%
Flared Magwell: Reduced reload bonus by 80%
Hammer Forged: Reduced range bonus by 50%
Hand Loaded: Reduced range bonus by 50%
Hard Launch: Reduced projectile speed bonus by 50%
Heavy Payload: Reduced blast radius bonus by 50%
Javelin: Reduced projectile speed bonus by 50%
Linear Compensator: Reduced damage bonus by 50%
Luck in the Chamber: Reduced damage bonus by 3%
Perfect Balance: Reduced stability bonus by 40%
Send It: Reduced by range bonus 40%. Inventory and equip penalties added
Smart Drift Control: Reduced stability bonus by 40%. Reduced range penalty by 33%
Smart Drift Control (Rocket Launcher):
Reduced stability bonus by 40%. Reduced projectile speed penalty by 33%
Smallbore: Reduced stability and range bonuses by 25%
Smooth Ballistics: Stability bonus made into penalty. Range penalty is now a bonus.
Soft Ballistics : Reduced damage penalty by 50%
Soft Launch: Stability bonus made into penalty. Projectile speed penalty is now a bonus.
Speed Reload: Reduced reload bonus by 80%
Warhead Verniers: Reduced blast radius bonus by 37%. Reduced projectile speed bonus by 60%. Reduced stability penalty by 20%

i still haven't gotten a chance to check, but i've read people say that these changes effect the year 1 weapons.

Shito

Are they crazy or what?
I already had this bad habit of staying in orbit forever just doing stuff at home, but now with this awesome piano tune kicking in after a few minutes I'll do it *even more*!

X-Frame

Anyone realize that there are a lot of Promotional emblems missing?

The kiosk goes from Promotional to Promotional 2 to Promotional 5. 3 and 4 are missing and I remember Tess having a lot more emblems from pre-Destiny codes.

Reposting:

Does rep apply to vanguard/crucible now if you are still wearing a faction item and have not pledged to a faction yet? Or does it still only apply to the faction?

I don't want to roll over V/C rep. Pls halp!

Top Bottom