• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
As of right now Suros Regime is the only Y2 version of a Y1 exotic that is any different. The rest are identical as far as I can tell in perks and stats.
Oh, you can get them already?

...Wtf? Why have Year 2 versions at all if they're just identical across the board? Would have been massively easier to add a new upgrade node if it was just about getting them to the new damage levels... and you wouldn't have needed two blueprints. They could easily have controlled the grind with the requirements to buy the node...

man what the hell. refreshed versions of the exotics with tweaks sounded so cool. And wait, how is the Y2 suros different?
I'll give it to you soon.
Thanks a ton man <3

EloquentM

aka Mannny

...Wtf? Why have Year 2 versions at all if they're just identical across the board? Would have been massively easier to add a new upgrade node if it was just about getting them to the new damage levels... and you wouldn't have needed two blueprints. They could easily have controlled the grind with the requirements to buy the node...

man what the hell. refreshed versions of the exotics with tweaks sounded so cool. And wait, how is the Y2 suros different?

Thanks a ton man <3
Somethings being hidden about the upgraded exotics I'm guessing

Thanks a ton man <3

You can't get them, since you don't have legendary marks, but you can examine them in the blueprints section. I don't understand it either. They acted like they intended to refresh them all but that doesn't seem to be the case unless they change that with Taken King actually releasing and are only showing suros because we've already seen it, but that seems unlikely.

EDIT: news suros. Just a new perk I think. https://www.bungie.net/en/Armory/Detail?type=item&item=2055601061&itemname=SUROS%20Regime

Strider

7.5 K/D first game with TLW.

It's still good
goodjob.gif

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Somethings being hidden about the upgraded exotics I'm guessing
I'm confused. Can you get them yet or not?
You can't get them, since you don't have legendary marks, but you can examine them in the blueprints section. I don't understand it either. They acted like they intended to refresh them all but that doesn't seem to be the case unless they change that with Taken King actually releasing and are only showing suros because we've already seen it, but that seems unlikely.
I see. We'll just see what happens I guess.

If someone at Bungie is reading this and you guys are on the fence for some reason about altering them or not FOR TRAVELER'S SAKES DO IT.

BokehKing

Banned
Anyone know if this is new, just beat the game on Xbox one (story mission wise)

Got the legendary strangers rifle, turned in a blue engram and got a legendary helm that will increase health when I pick up orbs?

7qxAmDG.jpg

Hedera

I'll check later when I'm actually in game (if that even happens tonight ;p). I changed the shader on the app and it changed colors though.
Oh I see, appreciated. Actually just checked the app and it does indeed look black like it did before the patch, but in game it's showing white...I don't know.

Nori Chan

Oh shaxx

"What I wouldn't give to fight with you beneath the walls. I would tear out a Vex heart with my teeth! I would sear the Cabal with my burning light! Challenge the Fallen Kells to personal combat and scatter them! I... I've been watching too many Crucible matches."

Frenden

Banned

Thanks a ton man <3

Y2 Suros has a Spinning Up perk akin to Thunderlord. It is optional and can be swapped with Focus Fire at will.

The reason for this is that all Suros foundry legendaries have a swappable perk as the foundry's signature differentiator from the others. They changed the Suros to be consistent with that logic.

Other guns seen on stream today seem unchanged aside from aesthetics (Suros is black, Badjuju is more Purple).

Anyone know if this is new, just beat the game on Xbox one (story mission wise)

Got the legendary strangers rifle, turned in a blue engram and got a legendary helm that will increase health when I pick up orbs?
Strangers rifle being legendary and not blue is new, but the helmet is not. Health on orb has been around a while.

Is it just me or the new ghost voice is a little annoying?

Sorry Nolanbot fans, I prefer Dinklebot his deeper voice is better IMO.

Incredibly. Why is the voice so high pitched? I actually prefer dinklebot, never thought that would be the case.

Yep, Nolandroid's tone is the biggest issue for me. Just a personal preference but it's way too thin and whiny. I get that it's like C3PO but I never liked C3PO.

The deliveries are either so similar that it's a wash or they're noticeably worse. "We've woken the Hive?" The weird emphasis he puts on "tracking the sword by the light of the Guardians it's killed." My least favorite so far is "Careful... It's power is dark." The way he says dark is cringeworthy.

Ultimately the writing and voice direction are still beyond saving. But I never expected Nolan to have less likable personality, combined with a huge downgrade to vocal tone and quality. The more noticeable post processing effects don't help either. **Insert disclaimer about it potentially growing on me here**

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I'm confused. Can you get them yet or not?

I see. We'll just see what happens I guess.

If someone at Bungie is reading this and you guys are on the fence for some reason about altering them or not FOR TRAVELER'S SAKES DO IT.
You can't get them yet because you need legendary marks

nOoblet16

Preliminary observations but I think in most game modes (especially Skirmish/Elimination type) TLW will still be similarly effective. It's not bad just more balanced than before. Hip firing is easier now with increased aim assist for hip fire. I haven't tried Thorn yet so can't say anything about it. Hawkmoon gets hit pretty hard due to the damage drop off because it's power was its biggest advantage. With that gone it is quite a bit inferior to others.

The meta will change but I think TLW is safe and will be a top tier, just not OP tier.

For game modes such as Rift I think any gun that fires relatively fast and has range will work well...so scout rifle such as Mida/Dead Shot would work very well.

Also Rift is fun and insanely chaotic in the right way....unlike Mayhem which is just shit form of chaotic.

As of right now Suros Regime is the only Y2 version of a Y1 exotic that is any different. The rest are identical as far as I can tell in perks and stats.

I think Hawkmoon will get year 2 treatment seeing how Xbox players are only going to get it now.

40% and two Queue/Installation Stopped ! errors on Xbone so far. Going a lot better than I expected but it must be nice living in an area that internet companies care about.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Y2 Suros has a Spinning Up perk akin to Thunderlord. It is optional and can be swapped with Focus Fire at will.

The reason for this is that all Suros foundry legendaries have a swappable perk as the foundry's signature differentiator from the others. They changed the Suros to be consistent with that logic.

Other guns seen on stream today seem unchanged aside from aesthetics (Suros is black, Badjuju is more Purple).
Thanks for the info. I'll abandon hope that there's anything more to it for now. Blows.

BokehKing

Banned
So basically did Eris missions go free to play this week only? I was able to do house of wolves strikes as well, I wonder if I don't buy expansion (right away) on Xbox one if they will strip me of my vestian dynasty

I think Hawkmoon will get year 2 treatment seeing how Xbox players are only going to get it now.

It will be upgradable to year two values but looking at the Armory and the Exotic Blueprint terminal it is exactly the same but with an upgraded attack value. Hopefully they just aren't showing changes until Taken King.

Why can we not select difficult levels on the story missions any more? Want to play through bits again to check out the new voice acting on our Ghost and work on the quests, but I can only choose whatever difficulty the missions default is (example: Restoration only has level 2 to choose from).

Top Bottom