• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Rubenov

Guys, I pre-ordered the digital CE and didn't get my Suros package. I had the disc version before. Nothing to download. Does anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it?

Foundry weapon spoilers:
This.
I want this.
Same rate of fire as The Fulcrum and Red Hand IX, but the impact is a lot better. Pretty much guaranteed a good scope, really high stability, can roll Firefly...
Gunsmith better be ordering this ASAP.

Four Crux drops.

And I'm convinced my controller is dying or something. Acts all weird after a little while.

Does it feel slow while looking around? Some buttons taking longer than usual to respond?

It's probably interference from another device, happens to me sometimes if I have my phone too close to the controller. Move your phone away and see if that helps.

Kalamari

The crucible netcode probably weights connection quality heavier than skill matching. That could be why more matches are lopsided.

The fallen VIP one? With those lvl35 majors, I can imagine.

What's the horn nerf like?

Good question. Doing a little video comparison now.

For PoE 35, with me at Light 168, I was doing slightly more base damage than before the patch. A Fatebringer crit shot on Pilot Servitor went from 1358 to ~1410 (about 4% increase). So the actual Horn rocket (and therefore all rockets) was doing slightly more damage but the Wolf Pack Rounds were still doing way less due to their specific nerf.

My first instinct is that the "roughly 1/3" damage nerf in the patch notes was underselling it but I need to compare some screenshots first.

AtticuSMT

Banned
So i just wanted to give a massive shout out to Hawkian and Boguester, Ran through Skolas for my first time ever with them and they made it seem easy, and were paitent with me even though i was new to skolas. So thanks again dudes! Moments of triumph, COMPLETE!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Does it feel slow while looking around? Some buttons taking longer than usual to respond?

It's probably interference from another device, happens to me sometimes if I have my phone too close to the controller. Move your phone away and see if that helps.

That's probably it. My edge is right in front of me.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
That was a pretty shilky shmooth Shkolas. Sorry for costing us time with my vault shenanigans, Tower Ghost seems nonfunctional for me for the moment.

I haven't even had dinner yet and have stupid work in the morning so I don't think I can manage another, sorry Afro :( But there's talk of one or more tomorrow, starting a bit earlier if that works for you, maybe around 9EST?
Changing the archetype of Hopscotch Pilgrim instead of nerfing its stability is an FU to the people that grinded 100's of strikes for one.

HP moved down to the lower impact class of PRs. It's like if a Suros class AR was changed into a Up for Anything.
Oh I see.

I really love the 55A-Allfate :-/
I'm pretty confused. I have a few Exotic weapons and armor that I never fully upgraded. Should I still focus on upgrading then or is that a waste?
Well... yes and no I guess. Basically, Year 1 stuff is just as good as ever it was in Year 1 content, even a hair better here and there with the new scaling from the looks of it. But, there's about to be a whole batch of new content in which it won't be top-tier, and corresponding new gear that will be superior. Of course, if you play PvP it's a different story as nothing is really getting "left behind" in standard crucible

I would focus on leveling up utility stuff if you haven't yet. Things like Helm of Saint-IV, Don't Touch Me, Bones of Eao, Alpha Lupi/Light Beyond Nemesis, if you've got any of those.

daedalius

Beats me. I think it's less that it got stealth buffed and more that with Thorn/TLW mostly out of the picture, it has a greater chance to shine. Best weapon so far post-update for me after using TLW/Red Death/Suros.

The auto reload on kill and damage buff is pretty damn helpful as well. Also has a cool new effect.

Bad juju has always been really good, but it was overshadowed by thorn and TLW

GhaleonEB

I'm level 7 and about six missions in, bu so far Northghost >> Dinklebot.

More than anything, it's just a much more consistent personality. He's different - inquisitive and excited like a puppy dog, rather than dry and sarcastic. But Dinklebot's dryness came off too often as bland and bored. North seems invested in every line.

For Dinklebot's most notable lines - "We've woken the Hive!" - they went in a different direction entirely, rather than try to emulate his delivery. That makes for a poor direct comparison but works in the context of the new character.

I'm looking forward to new missions where I don't have a point of direct comparison, because I'm constantly comparing them in my head as I go, like an echo.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So i just wanted to give a massive shout out to Hawkian and Boguester, Ran through Skolas for my first time ever with them and they made it seem easy, and were paitent with me even though i was new to skolas. So thanks again dudes! Moments of triumph, COMPLETE!
Grats on your triumphs! :D

KxoZz

Lol. Shaxx just said
"Would you rather have Lord Saladin watch over these matches? Do I look like I care?!"

Awesome.

Good question. Doing a little video comparison now.

For PoE 35, with me at Light 168, I was doing slightly more base damage than before the patch. A Fatebringer crit shot on Pilot Servitor went from 1358 to ~1410 (about 4% increase). So the actual Horn rocket (and therefore all rockets) was doing slightly more damage but the Wolf Pack Rounds were still doing way less due to their specific nerf.

My first instinct is that the "roughly 1/3" damage nerf in the patch notes was underselling it but I need to compare some screenshots first.

Heh, i'll leave the science and math to you. How long did the poe 35 take you today?

What's the max light it can hit?

170. I mean 170 is the max we can get till TTK comes out.

That's probably it. My edge is right in front of me.

disable bluetooth and nfc, that should help as well

Felwinters hit me a few times from its normal range. The Party Crasher/Matador have to get a bit closer.
Suros love is stronger, Hard Light and Monte just need some time.

Still seems useless in PvE though.

Top Bottom