• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Damn my first ever Rift score didn't record!! I got a double kill to get it, then killed 1 on the way in between capture and score bowl, then I killed 2 on the actual score bowl and boom!! Damnit. Why record why

R0ckman

I feel like hardlight is more anoying and distracting than useful. Clowns were so busy trying to do ricochet tricks. It gives off their location so I just swoop in snipe them or pilgrim them, it needs more work imo.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Actually I always turn off my phone after it's charged. And I never have bluetooth on unless I'm using a controller to play games on it.

Well today was a fun day. Excited for earning rep with Gunsmith tomorrow. Today was only a appetizer. One more week till the main course. Goodnight DGAF.

R0ckman

Well today was a fun day. Excited for earning rep with Gunsmith tomorrow. Today was only a appetizer. One more week till the main course. Goodnight DGAF.

Ah, Slender, remember playing my first raid with you and getting passed the oracle gate keeper for the first time! Would like to raid with you again some time.

Barely notice the Blink nerf on the Bladedancer. Don't think Bungie did anything to it.

On another note, have only played two full games today but can't find any word about wheter there is a problem or not.

smh at Reddit. What the fuck is there to downvote? I'm not blowing smoke here.

8198997c9b55dfbcea1818cfadfbdaef.png

GlamFM

Banned
I'm level 7 and about six missions in, bu so far Northghost >> Dinklebot.

More than anything, it's just a much more consistent personality. He's different - inquisitive and excited like a puppy dog, rather than dry and sarcastic. But Dinklebot's dryness came off too often as bland and bored. North seems invested in every line.

For Dinklebot's most notable lines - "We've woken the Hive!" - they went in a different direction entirely, rather than try to emulate his delivery. That makes for a poor direct comparison but works in the context of the new character.

I'm looking forward to new missions where I don't have a point of direct comparison, because I'm constantly comparing them in my head as I go, like an echo.

Yeah, no idea why people miss Dinklage all of a sudden,
Northghost reminds me of Portal - always a win in my book.

Here's a question I've been wondering, did they add ghost lines in the few moments in TDB and HOW where you summon the ghost but he says nothing?

Actually only specific moment I remember is the omnigul strike.

So i just wanted to give a massive shout out to Hawkian and Boguester, Ran through Skolas for my first time ever with them and they made it seem easy, and were paitent with me even though i was new to skolas. So thanks again dudes! Moments of triumph, COMPLETE!

That was a pretty shilky shmooth Shkolas. Sorry for costing us time with my vault shenanigans, Tower Ghost seems nonfunctional for me for the moment.

Glad we were able to help Atticus, and congrats on the Triumphs! It was a very interesting run adjusting to all the changes, finding out what still worked and what didn't. Even with the changes it couldn't have gone much smoother, great job everybody!

Nerfed GHorn still burns Skolas just fine. Here's us chilling on the last mine:

COcCzEdUkAAHNkm.jpg:large

Barely notice the Blink nerf on the Bladedancer. Don't think Bungie did anything to it.

On another note, have only played two full games today but can't find any word about wheter there is a problem or not.

smh at Reddit. What the fuck is there to downvote? I'm not blowing smoke here.

The bigger nerf is Arcbolt. Blink wasn't nerfed so much as just made easier to deal with thanks to the addition of Chem trails that follow you when using it.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
There seems to be some sound sync issues when in the tower. Footsteps, stuff being dismantled, etc are not going off.

I noticed this too.

And Crota was acting really really weird today. Not just Crota but the strikes and stuff. I noticed enemies acting a bit weird.

It's noticeable to me. It's easier to track now.

that's true, although i never had a problem tracking it.

i wish they slowed the movement down rather than nerf its readiness. it's still the best ability for evading and everyone is using it exactly like they did.

it's too soon to tell, but right now I feel like all Bungie did was nerf the really overpowered stuff and unnerf Autos. Otherwise, the game plays exactly the same.

Heh, i'll leave the science and math to you. How long did the poe 35 take you today?

90 minutes, which is right in line with other runs especially since we took a few breaks here and there. Skolas took 38:38 which is not out of line with other slow and steady kills I've done, playing it extra safe with the Horn nerf.

I think it doesn't go beyond that 141 but I've seen ones from the speaker that are 180 I think but you have to be 40 to equip.

Yeah I bought the Lv34 Light 170 one since my default Light 3 Ghost was really weighing me down. I knew the Crucible ones dropped at <170 Light but was curious if they upgraded at all to at least be equivalent. I'd prefer a Legendary Ghost if possible...

Kalamari

Man, they really messed up the Praedyth's timepiece. Good luck killing anything with that gun. I think it's Messenger, Red Death, or Suros or go home.

Yeah I bought the Lv34 Light 170 one since my default Light 3 Ghost was really weighing me down. I knew the Crucible ones dropped at <170 Light but was curious if they upgraded at all to at least be equivalent. I'd prefer a Legendary Ghost if possible...

I got a Turquoise Shell from playing Rift with 140 Light. And it sniffs out relic iron!!

Did anyone try leveling up any factions post patch? Are the reward packages dropping the new stuff?

I got a Turquoise Shell from playing Rift with 140 Light. And it sniffs out relic iron!!

You can buy those from the speaker as well.

90 minutes, which is right in line with other runs especially since we took a few breaks here and there. Skolas took 38:38 which is not out of line with other slow and steady kills I've done, playing it extra safe with the Horn nerf.

Would be interesting to see what kind of damage we can do to him once we get to lvl 40 and light 280+

You guys think its better to do the 2 or 3 questlines that opened up this week (at 34) now, or wait until next week when the XP will count towards 40? I'm leaning towards the latter, especially if they are giving vanguard rep and I am close to next level on VG on all my characters.

Gunsmith bounties also unlock tomorrow.

Did anyone try leveling up any factions post patch? Are the reward packages dropping the new stuff?

You can buy those from the speaker as well.

Yah ofcourse I bought the Winter Sky Shell or whatever it's called to get to 167 Light.
I made the mistake to pledge to NM while wearing the Ghost Angel cloak and then play Rift, which gave me both NM and Crucible rep. This pushed my NM rank over the edge and the package gave me 2 motes. At least that's one more than normal I guess...

This questification of old content is really amazing.

I just started a hunter, and it's crazy how just changing the organization of the story missions helps the story flow and make sense

Yeah, no idea why people miss Dinklage all of a sudden,
Northghost reminds me of Portal - always a win in my book.

I don't think you can compare Portal and Destiny voice acting very well because their writing is at completely opposite ends of the spectrum.

There's a reason two celebrated and talented actors have received "mixed" reviews at best for their Destiny performances. And it's got nothing to do with the actors themselves.

More questions for year 2 day 1 players, do quests give you experience? And do they auto complete when you finish each step or do you have to turn them in? Thinking the best prep now would be get 16 bounties complete and every available quest complete and turn them all in on the 15th.

GlamFM

Banned
I don't think you can compare Portal and Destiny voice acting very well because their writing is at completely opposite ends of the spectrum.

There's a reason two celebrated and talented actors have received "mixed" reviews at best for their Destiny performances. And it's got nothing to do with the actors themselves.

Oh I agree. Portals writing is probably the best writing in the industry to date, but all the robots are always higher pitched - like North.

It´s more about the general tone and not about the delivery. It´s still the same lines in the end, they can only do as much..

Probably the same damage as we would at level 35, light 180.

Why? With the new light level system, the damage scaling should be higher if you have a higher light level, no?

Yah ofcourse I bought the Winter Sky Shell or whatever it's called to get to 167 Light.
I made the mistake to pledge to NM while wearing the Ghost Angel cloak and then play Rift, which gave me both NM and Crucible rep. This pushed my NM rank over the edge and the package gave me 2 motes. At least that's one more than normal I guess...

Hmm, I won't bother leveling any factions till next week then.

I sort of think it'd be fun/funny if they trivialize the encounter and the DPS your fireteam can do downs him before anyone needs to pass the taint.

Don't think so, with the weapon re-balancing that may not be possible.

I sort of think it'd be fun/funny if they trivialize the encounter and the DPS your fireteam can do downs him before anyone needs to pass the taint.

The really funny part is this is exactly what they did when they released the fight with Solar Burn. That's in Destiny's "What were they thinking???" hall of fame (which is saying a lot).

Probably the same damage as we would at level 35, light 180.

There was no such thing as over-leveled in Year 1 since your base damage capped but the damage output did increase with higher Attack rated weapons. Now that Attack rating isn't a thing I don't know how it will work. Does increasing your Light level do more damage to enemies at or below your character level?

Oh I agree. Portals writing is probably the best writing in the industry to date, but all the robots are always higher pitched - like North.

It´s more about the general tone and not about the delivery. It´s still the same lines in the end, they can only do as much..

Ah, I getcha. Yeah that's definitely true. I actually liked the fact that Dinklebot wasn't pitched in that familiar robot tone but obviously it's just a matter of personal preference.

Top Bottom