• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

OG Hard Crota all over again.

I assume that's server lag from so many players logged in right now.

Hope that doesn't happen with the blind raid next week. Dedicated raid servers please!

There was no such thing as over-leveled in Year 1 since your base damage capped but the damage output did increase with higher Attack rated weapons. Now that Attack rating isn't a thing I don't know how it will work. Does increasing your Light level do more damage to enemies at or below your character level?

We only know the level of Skolas is 35, not sure what his light level is. I assume it will be 280 or higher, so if we have 280+ light, we should be able to do more dps to him.

The hard story missions show up as 280 light, so heroic = 280.

Mindlog

So much Bad Juju in the Undying Mind strike lol.
I'm hoping the lessons players are learning with the subclass quests stick because they're almost all directly aimed at making Guardians better team players. Smart.
Where are the class items?
The highest ones you can wear for now come from the subclass quests.
I'm going to get all of my subclasses up to the point before claiming the final prize. That way it gives me XP past 34 and it won't flip my Vanguard.

Problem I'm noticing with NolanBot. Is he's very quiet. And he doesn't put much punch to certain sentences. Makes it come out very flat.

It's weird. Sucks that they couldn't redo some of the lines. That would be quite a bit work to do.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I mean there isn't a kiosk for them like shaders, emblems, etc?

Sucks that the ugly ones give the highest defense.

I started HoW in June, so this is really quite amusing to hear.

The fight was literally:

Step 1: Shoot 7 Horns, pop a synth, shoot 7 more. Skolas dies.
Step 2: Weirdly clear two rounds of mines in an empty room.
Step 3: ????
Step 4: Profit

There were 0 mechanics. It was the dumbest thing ever, especially since you had to wait 10 minutes for heavy synth cool-downs if you screwed it up.

We only know the level of Skolas is 35, not sure what his light level is. I assume it will be 280 or higher, so if we have 280+ light, we should be able to do more dps to him.

We'll definitely do more damage when our Light reaches whatever his Light is.

But I'm saying we don't know if we'll do more damage when our Light is above his (or any enemy's) Light. This was true for higher Attack but I don't know about Light.

Im confused.

Why are people spoilering exotics?

Spoiler tag protocol doesn't seem to have any rules, better safe than sorry I guess. Personally I don't care about any spoilers but everyone is different.

Raid spoilers are my only exception but nobody can spoil that until it launches and I'll be too busy playing it to bother reading anything.

Problem I'm noticing with NolanBot. Is he's very quiet. And he doesn't put much punch to certain sentences. Makes it come out very flat.

It's weird. Sucks that they couldn't redo some of the lines. That would be quite a bit work to do.

Yeah the volume has been a bit of a problem for me too. I barely notice the "Guardian Down," it sounds like someone in party chat as Kadey said.

exYle

My friends and I were discussing that maybe the meta would change when TTK came out for real and different weapons entered the fray, but since regular Crucible doesn't have level advantages, what's stopping everyone from keeping their Party Crashers and their Felwinter's, which are just as effective as before?

thieve's den rift

tumblr_ldk2hxsfdL1qa31pv.gif

I'm ready for TTK. Spent the last few weeks devoting all my playtime to The Witcher 3 and just finished it tonight. Great game and it is absolutely Massive. So much content. Highly recommended.

Now, back to Destiny. Bring on the Dreadnaught.

Snubbers

I am getting so so so fed up with my ISP (Virgin Media) or XBL / XO's download methods..

Here's my instant speed test of my current net connection:
6TLWvZw.png

And despite it always being that, and everything else being very normal, I've downloaded a whopping 20% over night..

Everytime I reset the router (now tried 2) it might spike up to 50mbits download, but usually bottoms out back to <1mbit very quickly...

Any ideas? I can't even figure out if it's my ISP or XBL..

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I think someone said it best. Dinky sounds more like AI while Nolan sounds more like a human using a free google play app.

KxoZz

I don't know what the problem with the 7-Orb-Nova-Bombs was supposed to be. All three of my supers generated 7 Orbs in the Undying Mind strike.

How does it even make sense for a cloak to have a defense value?

I just want to wear my Ghost Angel, goddammit.
I feared this from the start.
"Hey guys, you no longer have to wear faction class items to earn rep with them! Feel free to wear any class item you want!"

"Oh btw class items now have perks and defense, so feel free to wear only the best one"

Kalamari

Thisisneogaf.gif

To each his own, I guess. I think what give me problems is the secret round perk, the recoil from the fourth shot doesn't really help when trying to stay on target. it used to be a scapel, you could kill as fast as you could human pull the trigger. Now it feels like it has more recoil than the medium and slow rof types.

Top Bottom