• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Klyka

Banned
Everyone is going to wear the same Class items at the end :(

I am so sad.

I had this fantastic white-rarity cloak. Looked AWESOME with the right shaders.
It has 3 defense.
Dismantled.

:(

I am so sad.

It has 3 defense.
Dismantled.

I know what you mean. The Osiris Warlock bond looks amazing, and now it's useless

Juraash

I am so sad.

It has 3 defense.
Dismantled.

I really dislike the class items contributing to light. I much preferred them as a piece of personal flair. If they wanted to include some basic perks like the ghosts but nothing else, I'd be happy with that middle ground.

coy

After finally getting the download, I spent an hour staring at UI, shaders, emblems, and quest text before finally doing something. I got in 1 game of Rift and it was pretty fun. Now, I'm lying in bed trying to sleep as I have a job interview in the morning, but all I want to do is fire up the PS4. I'll be good and wait til tomorrow. Just that, after taking almost all of HoW off, it felt good to get back into Destiny and at the right time with TTK in less than a week.

eFKac

From what little I've heard of Nolanbot, I have different problems with both.

With Dinklebot I liked the direction of a more serious although snarky/sarcastic AI, but I've had a problem with the execution. Didn't like some of the delivery because of lack of emotion, intonation, etc. Although to be fair an emotionless robot isn't the worst thing ever.

With Nolanbot it seems like I don't like the direction they've chosen. He seems more like a jolly sidekick now, but the execution seems good, he puts a lot of effort and personality into the VO, which is not surprising cause he's a top tier voice actor.

All in all, they both also had to work with what the got, and let's be honest the writing in Destiny is unfortunately often subpar.

Kalamari

On vertigo, you can grab the spark and run through the portal in back, then jump to the enemy platform and score. It seems too easy.

Waldini

So ... what is GAF "review" of TLW, Thorn and Hawkmoon now?

I think TLW is still good. Sure, the range has been nerfed but it was supposed to be a CQC handcannon. Thorn still hurts alot ... but you actually have a change to survive. And Hawkmoon ... well, we'll have to wait another week for that. I'm on XBONE.

Damn you Bungie! 52 weeks of PS3/4 exclusive weaponry is enough! Can't wait another weak. Want to hear that glorious sound!

I asked earlier today but didn't get answer, so I'll try again. Do we know if the Arms Day guns tomorrow will be TTK guns for us to test this week? Or will they be current stuff?

GhaleonEB

Unbelievable. Can't believe they did that.
I predict we'll either find the same class items but wither higher perks later in the campaign, or they'll add the infuse system to them later on. Right now it's definitely one step forward (armor infusion, woo) one step back with the class items.
I asked earlier today but didn't get answer, so I'll try again. Do we know if the Arms Day guns tomorrow will be TTK guns for us to test this week? Or will they be current stuff?

We don't know, but when the Armsday was first shown and talked about, it was all in the context of TTK weapons from the three foundries that supply the tower. I'm guessing new guns.

I just finished the last step within the Path of the Striker quest which required "completing a Strike using the Fist of Havoc to generate 7 Orbs in a single blow, 3 times."

For anyone looking for some advice on this or similar quest steps, I'll share three:
1. Wear the "Keeper of the Pack" exotic armor
2. Equip the Bad Juju pulse rifle
3. Play the Undying Mind Strike

There are plenty of major enemies found in the middle and end of that particular Strike.

Good luck!

I just dont get it when people complain in PVP. Play your game and adapt if your not getting kills.

I hate thorn but do i want it nerfed? Nope. I still killed a bunch of thorn users.

Hopefully the ARs are not to OP. I dont like playing with anything else than my sweet old trusty Last word

After finally getting the download, I spent an hour staring at UI, shaders, emblems, and quest text before finally doing something. I got in 1 game of Rift and it was pretty fun. Now, I'm lying in bed trying to sleep as I have a job interview in the morning, but all I want to do is fire up the PS4. I'll be good and wait til tomorrow. Just that, after taking almost all of HoW off, it felt good to get back into Destiny and at the right time with TTK in less than a week.

Good luck with the interview pare!

I feared this from the start.
"Hey guys, you no longer have to wear faction class items to earn rep with them! Feel free to wear any class item you want!"

"Oh btw class items now have perks and defense, so feel free to wear only the best one"

It disgusts me. I am disgust. I hope the penalty isn't too large so I can keep wearing my shitty defense cloaks anyway.

For those wondering I can confirm you don't get any vanguard rep while doing the sub class quests, until you turn in the last step - level 40 legendary class item is the reward. I finished all the steps but didn't turn in the last one, and my vanguard rep is exactly the same as before I started any of it.

You do lose a little bit of potential XP (towards 40) by doing the early steps, but that should be fairly minor. Its 8 steps per sub class quest, usually involving killing mobs with grenades/melee/super.

I also didn't turn in the Legend Of the yourclass quest line too, which ends with a 180 defense blue class item.

For those wondering I can confirm you don't get any vanguard rep while doing the sub class quests, until you turn in the last step - level 40 legendary class item is the reward. I finished all the steps but didn't turn in the last one, and my vanguard rep is exactly the same as before I started any of it.

You do lose a little bit of potential XP (towards 40) by doing the early steps, but that should be fairly minor. Its 8 steps per sub class quest, usually involving killing mobs with grenades/melee/super.

I also didn't turn in the Legend Of the yourclass quest line too, which ends with a 180 defense blue class item.
so are quests like bounties where you must turn them in? So I can finish mine and wait to turn it in on the 15th?

THAT COMEBACK THOUGH

BIG PLAYS

avq9eiM.jpg

Kaversmed

"Hey guys, you no longer have to wear faction class items to earn rep with them! Feel free to wear any class item you want!"

"Oh btw class items now have perks and defense, so feel free to wear only the best one"

Dammit, I'm really disappointed by this. I was looking forward to finally get to wear something else than my dead orbit bond, now I get to wear something else that'll probably look dull and not fit my character at all. :(

They should have perks on non faction stuff so that we can wear what we like! Dumb move by bungie. W

so are quests like bounties where you must turn them in? So I can finish mine and wait to turn it in on the 15th?

yeah the new sub class quests are like bounties but multi step, and the two for each class - striker/defender for titan, sunsinger/voidwalker for warlock etc - have 8 steps each, and you only do the final turnin at the last step - 7 orbs 3 times in a strike quest - and thats when you get 312 vanguard rep, XP, and a level 40 item.

so just do it up to that part and you can turn in the quest next week and get xp towards 40, the level 40 item, and it'll no doubt unlock some new quests too.

yeah the new sub class quests are like bounties but multi step, and the two for each class - striker/defender for titan, sunsinger/voidwalker for warlock etc - have 8 steps each, and you only do the final turnin at the last step - 7 orbs 3 times in a strike quest - and thats when you get 312 vanguard rep, XP, and a level 40 item.

so just do it up to that part and you can turn in the quest next week and get xp towards 40, the level 40 item, and it'll no doubt unlock some new quests too.
cool, thank you!

Should have read the entire post :)

maomaoIYP

I am so sad.

It has 3 defense.
Dismantled.

This soooooooo much.
I had one of the shadowsmith cloaks. I loved it. Now it's completely worthless, just like my ToO cloak.
Hey Bungie, while you're at it, maybe just add perks to our shaders and emblems too yeah?
/s

If they don't add infuse to class items as some point, I'll make another angrier post on the internet.

Seriously though, just let me wear Ghost Angel.

Bradach

I fired it up for the first time in months yesterday to find a 17gig patch. Ah well I thought, what's another day. So now, patch installed, I fire it up... "servers not available"

Anyone else in EU having this problem?

I fired it up for the first time in months yesterday to find a 17gig patch. Ah well I thought, what's another day. So now, patch installed, I fire it up... "servers not available"

Anyone else in EU having this problem?

My download was cancelled 2 hours ago and I can't connect to psn.

KxoZz

Are the other maps (Dungeons, Ghost Ship or whatever that map is called now, etc.) coming with Mayhem on Sep. 11th?

As someone who has played every Bungie game since Halo 1...

Sector 618 is the worst map they have ever made. What an absolute piece of garbage. It's like they took part of the Cosmodrome mission and threw a bunch of random shit everywhere. Every 2 inches is a 90 degree turn and an open or closed crate to jump on with another 90 degree wall right around it. There's no flow; it's impossible to callout on. This is just wrong. There are Forge maps in Reach that weren't even this bad.

Xbox players are lucky they wont have to play on it till next year. I've played it enough to never want to see it again.

Top Bottom