• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

maomaoIYP

Postmaster

I had a KAU8 that dropped with feeding frenzy and reactive reload. I sharded it as it was pointless keeping it, aaaaaarrrrrrrrghhhhh

You can still buy an allfate from the vanguard vendor before it goes away! It has the same model as the messenger, ADS view is completely unobstructed unlike the Kau8.

Kurumi

As someone who has played every Bungie game since Halo 1...

Sector 618 is the worst map they have ever made. What an absolute piece of garbage. It's like they took part of the Cosmodrome mission and threw a bunch of random shit everywhere. Every 2 inches is a 90 degree turn and an open or closed crate to jump on with another 90 degree wall right around it. This is just wrong. There are Forge maps in Reach that weren't even this bad.

Xbox players are lucky they wont have to play on it till next year. I've played it enough to never want to see it again.

Agreed. The map fucking sucks. WTH were you thinking with that map Bungie?

THAT COMEBACK THOUGH

BIG PLAYS

avq9eiM.jpg

Lol that was the best possible game on the worst possible map

Sector 61shitshow.

Sector 618 is the map we got to play at gamescomm as well. Total garbage.

I have ttk preorder too, didn't get suros weapons. Only got shader and emblem.

Yup thought it was crap when we played it there. Until I played on Memento yesterday...
I actually like Vertigo, but I just want to play Bannerfall. It didn't show up yesterday in ~20 games.
The weapons will probably come later.

Ryck

Didn't get the Suros pack, despite having preordered the digital standalone version. Says I don't own it even though its installed.
Same thing happened to my buddy.

PSA: reboot your ps4 and then go to psn store click download on TDB and HOW dlc's under add ons. Nothing will be downloaded but it will change from "download" to purchase. Go to postmaster and get your glorious shader/emblem.

Yup thought it was crap when we played it there. Until I played on Memento yesterday...
I actually like Vertigo, but I just want to play Bannerfall. It didn't show up yesterday in ~20 games.
The weapons will probably come later.

Memento might be decent in smaller modes like Trials and Salvage. Skirmish and Rift were awful though.

Memento might be decent in smaller modes like Trials and Salvage. Skirmish and Rift were awful though.

I agree, for 6v6 it is shit, I got spawn sniped 3 times, even though the game was "looking for a spawn location".
Getting the spark on Thieves' Den might have been the hardest thing I've ever done in my life.

daedalius

Sector 618 is the worst map they have ever made. What an absolute piece of garbage. It's like they took part of the Cosmodrome mission and threw a bunch of random shit everywhere. Every 2 inches is a 90 degree turn and an open or closed crate to jump on with another 90 degree wall right around it. There's no flow; it's impossible to callout on. This is just wrong. There are Forge maps in Reach that weren't even this bad.

Xbox players are lucky they wont have to play on it till next year. I've played it enough to never want to see it again.

Haven't played it yet, but I think memento is a close second.

bitsurugi

Good mornign fellow DGAF! <3

I ... can't ... keep... up... with this thread.

This moves way too fast.

Any important recap of the last 30+ pages, what i might miss?

Also: how are the first field tests on weapons in 2.0?

Ovek

7Member7

Sector 618 is the worst map they have ever made. What an absolute piece of garbage. It's like they took part of the Cosmodrome mission and threw a bunch of random shit everywhere. Every 2 inches is a 90 degree turn and an open or closed crate to jump on with another 90 degree wall right around it. There's no flow; it's impossible to callout on. This is just wrong. There are Forge maps in Reach that weren't even this bad.

I think it's one of the worst MP ever which is some going by Bungie.

I'm not getting along with the new light system either, they knew it was a progression blocker for a majority of players so what did they do? Make light even more fucking important but now you have to grind even more! You want to play on the most difficult setting well you better have a exotic weapon and a fucking cape that has a 1 in 20 drop rate from the raid... yay... how about fucking no.

I know I'm over exaggerating things but it's still garbage and in every way worse than it was before.

Ambitious

Good morning. It's still not finished. 13/17 GB, but at least it's going faster now (53 left). Even the Driveclub update, which I believe was 11 GB, has been fully downloaded several hours ago!

I think it's one of the worst MP ever which is some going by Bungie.

I'm not getting along with the new light system either, they knew it was a progression blocker for a majority of players so what did they do? Make light even more fucking important but now you have to grind even more! You want to play on the most difficult setting well you better have a exotic weapon and a fucking cape that has a 1 in 20 drop rate from the raid... yay... how about fucking no.

I know I'm over exaggerating things but it's still garbage and in every way worse than it was before.

I thought they were trying to simplify things but the light system seems convoluted to me

You can still buy an allfate from the vanguard vendor before it goes away! It has the same model as the messenger, ADS view is completely unobstructed unlike the Kau8.

That would ruin my carefully laid 200 marks plan, i'll probably just reroll the hopscotch, though its all moot as we'll have new toys next week and it would only be any good for normal crucible

Feorax

Not that it will matter soon, but it looks like field scout is bugged on Vision of Confluence. Can't get the clip size above 19.

I thought they were trying to simplify things but the light system seems convoluted to me
Its funny because Bungie kept saying you don't have to keep waiting for the right boots to drop or whatever and that you can use the light from you ghost and class item to balance it out. In actuality ask they did was add three more items you need to find maxed out versions of (ghost, class item, artifact).

Not that I mind, just find that logic silly. I don't believe we'll ever go back to relying on RNG as much as vanilla so getting maxed everything won't take long.

Wallach

Did a Restore Licenses on the PS4 to try and get the Suros stuff and also got the CE items. Titan appears to get the Hammer dance, a cool scorch-y shader and an exotic class item which looks bad ass and has a Sol hammer on your belt.

Gordon

So ran a NM VoG for fun/GK CP/exotic rolls. Looks like there are some improved aesthetics - lightning over first conflux, ritual of negation animation, and a few other little things. Also a new bug - finished Atheon blinded, went to orbit, and the lighting was all fucked up, even in menu. Went away upon loading a new zone.

So any reports of PS exclusive stuff dropping for xbox players yet? One of my fireteam members said he heard that somebody got a hawkmoon. We didn't get a single exotic drop though so no corroboration from my group.

Edit: my one buddy did say he got a ps exclusive strike showing up in a strike playlist though

Edit again: rip dinklebot. nolanbot is terrible

GutZ31

Are there any 170 class marks?
Warlocks seem to be the only class that gets anything that lets them get to 170 light.
Warlocks get a 180 defense bond, hunters and Titans get 160 defense class items.

I know of no other way of getting better until TTK drops, as the others require higher levels than are possible at this time anyway.

Klyka

Banned
Warlocks seem to be the only class that gets anything that lets them get to 170 light.
Warlocks get a 180 defense bond, hunters and Titans get 160 defense class items.

I know of no other way of getting better until TTK drops, as the others require higher levels than are possible at this time anyway.

That is.....so weird.

Ambitious

Five minutes left.

What if I don't pledge allegiance to a faction? Do I just get Vanguard/Crucible rep? What if I don't pledge but wear a faction class item?

Klyka

Banned
Btw I gotta say, I did not think that the quest stuff would make the game come together so much better.

Like,it's really just some small text but it adds a whole lot of context to wtf you are doing and why you are there.

GutZ31

Five minutes left.

What if I don't pledge allegiance to a faction? Do I just get Vanguard/Crucible rep? What if I don't pledge but wear a faction class item?
The way Bungie has been talking about factions, the class items seem to be cosmetic only.
To gain rep you are forced to pledge to one faction, and are locked to the faction for a week. After the week is up, you are allowed to pick another faction.

Well I got about 6 hours of play time today so i'll just share my thoughts.

I think Bungie ruined the game. For me anyway.

Every change they made sounds good on paper and the game was in desperate need of updates. There are some things that I really like and appreciate, like the Collections, UI enhancements and Quests... and then there are things I really dislike. Ergo, the new Crucible.

The PvP is one of those areas that needed some changes because the meta game was stale and had dug the game into a power creeping pit with seemingly no end in sight. Again, every change they made to Crucible sounds great on paper; however, what I've played of Crucible today was not great.

Nothing has really changed.

Well, that isn't accurate. It's more like, the only thing that changed is The Last Word. Sure, there are things that are slightly less effective than they were now, so the power creep has gone down. But all of those things were nerfed in tandem, and therefore do not require you to change your playstyle. You can still blink shotgun and thorn arcbolt and pulse rifle your way to victory. The Last Word on the other hand had its legs cut off and now this weapon can't kill one player point blank while hipfiring... which is supposed to be buffed.

I'm not going to insinuate that the game I played today is representative of the potential meta in 2.0. It would be daft to assume so because meta takes time to develop. What I will say however is that the game plays exactly as it did before, except we have on one hand where some OP weapons have been replaced by other OP weapons, and the other hand where an entire playstyle has been lost. By the time you kill anything with hip fire, you're being shotgunned or auto rifled. Blink is unchanged, Shotguns are still OP, and the only gun in the fucking game that can do anything about it is trash.

Bungie tried to offset the weaker sandbox by making ability energy recharge SUPER SLOW. Abilities take forever to regenerate currently and IMO it ruins the pacing of the game. This will most likely change when we reach level 40, but what wont change are the spawn times on special crates. Since they were first nerfed I had a problem with it because less special means more time using primaries. And now that my primary has been nerfed, I'm running around with an empty sniper rifle and a gun that takes 8 rounds to kill one player. Under no circumstance should a Titan be able to skate towards me and slide shotgun before The Last Word kills them. Get out of here with that.

What I played today was a mess of inconsistency, deceptive depth, and noise. This isn't like the last updates where everyone suddenly picked up a Hand Cannon, Scout Rifle or Pulse Rifle respectively (and that's understandable because this targets all of that). And again, the meta hasn't developed yet, so we don't know how it really plays. But what I saw right now was a game with a gaping hole in the middle. It feels like tamage drop off scaling was poorly handled and mid ranged combat has disappeared completely. Bungie could have taken The Last Word out of the game before this patch and I would not have noticed much difference.

Rift sucks - at least on the bad maps. Of the matches I played, I think it only plays well on Black Shield, Bannerfall, and Vertigo, and that's because you don't need to turtle up in some tiny hallway to grab or capture the Spark. Half of the game is fighting over the damn thing because it's in a corridor where people are spamming their nades. As with the weapon meta, it'll be a while before players learn how to play Rift. My impressions thus far however paint it as hopelessly chaotic with little room for strategy beyond "spam supers and camp spawns". The latter especially is a problem because the maps only have 2 spawn zones. On Sector 618, I was literally spawning into the same Titan's shotgun death after death, and of course I can't fucking do anything because my anti-shotgun primary is nerfed and special hasn't spawned yet. All of the maps have predictable spawns and I foresee these being exploited more as time goes on. Destiny needs objective modes, but Bungie needs to design objective maps. Rift doesn't really work on the old maps and it hardly works on the new ones.

Maybe I didn't like it because 98% of the games I played ended early thanks to a rule that seems to be matching me into more lopsided games than ever before.

I wont comment on the maps much because I haven't played them all, but I've already shared my opinion on some of them here. There are good ones and there are garbage ones, so there's nothing new on that front. I just hope Bungie hasn't implemented a quitting penalty yet because the lows this time are really fucking low. I have no intention of playing Sector 618 ever again.

That's just the Crucible side. I didn't do much PvE, but what I've heard on that front doesn't have me optimistic (convulsed Light system, 45% shotgun nerf).

This isn't any kind of review. I'm just sharing my thoughts of what I played today, and it is overwhelmingly negative. I'd say it goes beyond being salty about one weapon being nerfed. Feels like there's no point in playing Gunslinger in PvP anymore. The Tower stuff is cool, the new gear is nice, Bannerfall is fun and I love the new music. Everything else makes me not want to turn my PS4 on tomorrow.

Top Bottom