• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Gordon

It might be just my feeling, but the biggest nerf was recieved by...

... the ghost.

Man, i miss Dinklebot ><
^this so much. Everytime somebody died or we hit a scene with ghost dialogue that was the topic of conversation for the next five minutes. Should be an equippable item like emotes. Hell I'd take the hit to my light level to have my old ghost shell use dinklage's voice. Bungie really failed hard there. Must be industry politics or something because the decision is just comically bad when you compare the two options.

It looks like the high RoF low impact ARs/models are going to reign supreme, will try that and epilogue out later. From the few games I've had Monte Carlo seems the best of them, unupgraded suros was a bit meh
A couple people in my fireteam were using AE - and just flipping shit about how good it was. Definitely worth a shot. I refused to switch off my Hardlight. Feels so good man - it was my first exotic. Used it over gjally on templar lol

So I just realized that, by total and complete fluke, the race/gender/class combinations I picked for all three of my guardians, which I decided on all the way back in the beta, match up perfectly with the Vanguard.

SnakeEyes

Banned
So I'm still here, fighting with the PAL PSN servers to get this update downloaded.

Luckily, I seem to have gotten a good connection and am now downloading at 3-4MB/sec so I only have 27 minutes left but damn this afternoon's felt like a waste ~_~

GutZ31

Well I got about 6 hours of play time today so i'll just share my thoughts.
-snip-

So, what you're trying to say is that TLW is nerfed to hell, and you have feeling about it.

Time for us all to be AR players like in the alpha and beta!

Seriously though,
yeah, they fucked TLW completely.

So, what you're trying to say is that TLW is nerfed to hell, and you have feeling about it.

Time for us all to be AR players like in the alpha and beta!

Seriously though,
yeah, they fucked TLW completely.

The game can't be played like it was back then. It is not a Suros Regime game anymore. It's the same meta we've had all year, except The Last Word is no longer part of it.

SpecX

Download finally finished and got some playtime in. The overall feel of the game seems different and I'm still getting use to where stuff is in the menus. I find myself pressing R1 to get to my bounties when it's on the opposite side now and the bounties now give out less experience?

Played a few PvP matches and holy shit all the hard light users. That ricochet is all over the map in confined spaces and people are spraying it like crazy. Found myself still hooked to my Hawkmoon, bit still see that shotguns are a popular weapon although not as enrage inducing at unfair ranges as before.

Hoping to play more tomorrow and sink my teeth into it a bit more to get a better grasp of things.

BearPawB

Banned
I have only played destiny sporadically since launch.

Today I got to level 34/did prison of elders for the first time. Got a Gjallerhorn (first yellow item), but I know that got needed and it sounds like it will be worthless when the new patch comes out?

I assume with new levels will come more powerful gear? Any reason to play the content/worry about gear until the taken king comes out?

Kyoufu

I agree with Zoba. Not much changed in PVP besides ARs given life and TLW killed completely.

Shotguns are still devastating.

I don't know how some of you are swooning over auto rifles so much. Their main purpose is close range and all that usually means is you unload tons of shots into a guy only to have them run through it and come shotgun you. So short range you're screwed if they have shotgun or even last word. Long or medium range you're really screwed if they have a scout rifle, pulse rifle, or even hand cannon.

Every distance you can imagine, there's a better option. I've tried hard light, necro, suros, summoner, and it's all varying degrees of the same thing. It just went from unusable to average or below average.

Barely touch Thorn and Shotguns, yet nerf TLW down to hell.

Yes, I am glad that I can use ARs now (I actually out gunned a couple of Thorn players tonight), but I still feel that shotguns just got slap in the wrist. I barely saw any Thorns out tonight, but Thorn is still going to be a 3-shot NO MATTER you shot at on the guy you're shooting at.

Rocket Launchers were barely touched. The only thing that is different is that I can use Auto Rifles, but I have to use my Party Crasher and Tomorrow's Answer still.

It's very lame and disappointed.

But we are using the Year 1 The Last Word, we don't know what Year 2 The Last Word will be like. I'm just really bummed out that the maps are seriously mediocre.

daedalius

I hope they have some hot fixes incoming after today.

All their talk of changing the meta and barely anything is different other than its easier for some scrub to charge me with his shotty because TLW got shit on.

Thorns are still everywhere as are the trio of long range shotguns, and maybe a few more auto rifles.

Sad, I had high hopes for crucible 2.0

EL CUCO

Download wasn't moving last night around 13GB mark, so I decided to put my PS4 in Rest mode and call it a night. Woke up this morning to it STILL being downloaded?!?! Now at 16GB.

It's been downloading for 9hrs!!!! Sony get your stuff together. I could tell you of a time when PS4 had lightning download speeds. Where have those days gone :(

Zocano

I said it earlier but shotguns will always be a problem as long as either the base player speed remains as it is or shotguns have an effective range past immediately in your face.

What I'm saying is take out special weapons on spawn.

I hope they have some hot fixes incoming after today.

All their talk of changing the meta and barely anything is different other than its easier for some scrub to charge me with his shotty because TLW got shit on.

Thorns are still everywhere as are the trio of long range shotguns, and maybe a few more auto rifles.

Sad, I had high hopes for crucible 2.0

I'm seeing more people use invective because it's open season for shotgun + blink clowns so they need all the ammo they can get.

Field scout no longer affects mag size, only total reserve ammo you can hold. Feels bad man

This was a horrible, horrible change. Why didn't they just nerf the percent increase like every other vanilla perk??? Field Scout is literally useless. Primary ammo basically never runs out so increasing reserve is pointless.

VoC is 19 and Fang is 15, down from 27. Fatebringer is down from 13 to 10. I was excited to try my Arc Wolfslayer auto rifle against Skolas today to test the PvE buff but the magazine dropped from 42 to 22!!! Wtf am I going to do with a 22 mag AR.

I realize all these guns are obsolete in a week anyway but I'd still use them in obsolete Year 1 content.

Can we exchange year 1 armor mats (plasteel plating, sapphire wire, etc) for year 2's "armor materials"?

And legendary marks, where can we exchange those?

Truant

The no package for Public Events is because none of those are returning until TTK releases. Dunno about the Cryptarch or Speaker stock though.

So you get no rewards from PEs?

The speaker also has no inventory for me, strange.

Btw level 10 character here.

void666

Banned
Just found out my internet provider is probably using traffc shaping. I switched to a secondary provider and time left changed to 80 minutes instead of 15 hours.

Wallach

This was a horrible, horrible change. Why didn't they just nerf the percent increase like every other vanilla perk??? Field Scout is literally useless. Primary ammo basically never runs out so increasing reserve is pointless.

VoC is 19 and Fang is 15, down from 27. Fatebringer is down from 13 to 10. I was excited to try my Arc Wolfslayer auto rifle against Skolas today to test the PvE buff but the magazine dropped from 42 to 22!!! Wtf am I going to do with a 22 mag AR.

I realize all these guns are obsolete in a week anyway but I'd still use them in obsolete Year 1 content.

I think it was because there is a completely different perk for mag size that Field Scout totally invalidated. Field Scout and Increased Magazine also overlap different weapon pools.

Barely touch Thorn and Shotguns, yet nerf TLW down to hell.

Yes, I am glad that I can use ARs now (I actually out gunned a couple of Thorn players tonight), but I still feel that shotguns just got slap in the wrist. I barely saw any Thorns out tonight, but Thorn is still going to be a 3-shot NO MATTER you shot at on the guy you're shooting at.

Rocket Launchers were barely touched. The only thing that is different is that I can use Auto Rifles, but I have to use my Party Crasher and Tomorrow's Answer still.

It's very lame and disappointed.

But we are using the Year 1 The Last Word, we don't know what Year 2 The Last Word will be like. I'm just really bummed out that the maps are seriously mediocre.

Rockets were nerfed too IMO. Well, Tomorrow's Answer at least isn't as good as it was. I was still getting rocked by Radegast Fury though.

SpecX

Isn't that because we now don't have the gear to support the stat boosts/recharge rates that we're used to?
That makes sense and hopefully is it. One thing I noticed is this morning before the patch my character felt strong, overpowered even and now with the patch I feel weak again. Maybe this is what they wanted till you upgrade with TTK equipment?

I have only played destiny sporadically since launch.

Today I got to level 34/did prison of elders for the first time. Got a Gjallerhorn (first yellow item), but I know that got needed and it sounds like it will be worthless when the new patch comes out?

I assume with new levels will come more powerful gear? Any reason to play the content/worry about gear until the taken king comes out?

GHorn got nerfed pretty noticeably but it's still a beast and the strongest PvE exotic for almost all Year 1 content. Definitely level it up and use it for Vault of Glass, Crota's End, Prison of Elders etc.

All the new gear coming next week will have much higher Light ratings and be more powerful for all the new Year 2 content. So there's no real reason to grind much gear now. This is sort of a weird transitional week currently.

I'm not totally impressed with 2.0 yet, we'll see what the 2.0 versions of exotics turns into. At first I welcomed itC until I actually used a lot of these underpowered weapons, and they still feel underpowered, things haven't changed as far as weapons usage dramatically outside of me calling bullshit (which I still do on snipes :p) but it's headed in the right place and we'll still have to see how it shakes out in a couple weeks.

Wallach

That makes sense and hopefully is it. One thing I noticed is this morning before the patch my character felt strong, overpowered even and now with the patch I feel weak again. Maybe this is what they wanted till you upgrade with TTK equipment?

Year 1 gear is equivalent to like level 25 TTK greens or some shit, and since most of us are 34 you'll see that you get like tier 2 CDs due to the small stat bonuses.

maomaoIYP

Download wasn't moving last night around 13GB mark, so I decided to put my PS4 in Rest mode and call it a night. Woke up this morning to it STILL being downloaded?!?! Now at 16GB.

It's been downloading for 9hrs!!!! Sony get your stuff together. I could tell you of a time when PS4 had lightning download speeds. Where have those days gone :(

I went to bed last night on rest mode and it was all done waiting for me this morning.

Pat_DC

So I'm still here, fighting with the PAL PSN servers to get this update downloaded.

Luckily, I seem to have gotten a good connection and am now downloading at 3-4MB/sec so I only have 27 minutes left but damn this afternoon's felt like a waste ~_~

I am facing my biggest foe as well... psn download speeds.
I am amazed how bad it is, I started my ps4 this morning before going to work and left it in suspend mode. Come home and download is only at 1.8g and it has stalled at 99+ hours.

Paused it and tested my network and it says 40 hours now, so I guess that is an improvement. Will see how it goes and try the pause trick again.
Aus Psn speeds really puts me off buying games digitally.

FyreWulff

COcztdGUEAAR-La.jpg:large

Can we exchange year 1 armor mats (plasteel plating, sapphire wire, etc) for year 2's "armor materials"?

And legendary marks, where can we exchange those?

Okay, I read that patch notes and the material exchange for armor mats doesn't start until 9/15.

But what can we do with Vanguard & Crucible marks?

EL CUCO

I went to bed last night on rest mode and it was all done waiting for me this morning.
Yeah looks like it hit a wall somewhere down the road. It said 5 hours for 1GB when I woke up this morning...I paused and resumed and seems to be moving fine now, but still..

Ugh just realized that I need to download this on my other console as well. Hopefully there'll be less traffic by then.

Edit: top page Rip Hypescotch
m1vj4ET.jpg

tumblr_mku6266ycG1s5ty3yo1_500.gif

Top Bottom