• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Klyka

Banned
I might be in the minority here, but I really don't like the bounties that force you to be in a fireteam. I like that Destiny lets people play together, and higher level stuff like raids and such demand that anyways, but why force that on measly bounties?
Sometimes (or rather often) I like to just unwind with Destiny after work: put on a podcast and shoot stuff solo. Limiting bounties that I can do this way makes me sad. Even a quest line yesterday was kinda frustrating, since the final step was dependent on me and my strike team (of randoms) killing enemies with my Super's buff.
So all in all: I'd have preferred if low level activities had kept co-op optional, not make it mandatory.

It's a weird place to be in for Bungie because a lot of people have REALLY been screaming for these kinda co-op bounties.
They could have made special co-op bounties that run parallel with the normal ones but then people would still shout "yo bungie why do i need anther person for these bounties,I can only do half of all bounties alone wtf"

We'll see how it goes,I feel they just want to watch people's reactions to it first.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Oh! Ooohhhhhhj!

Thanks!

Also come back up and go to opposite with the larger building and back down the stairs and you will become behind them. I do this in a circle 3 times since it triggers them to respawn quick.

I might be in the minority here, but I really don't like the bounties that force you to be in a fireteam. I like that Destiny lets people play together, and higher level stuff like raids and such demand that anyways, but why force that on measly bounties?
Sometimes (or rather often) I like to just unwind with Destiny after work: put on a podcast and shoot stuff solo. Limiting bounties that I can do this way makes me sad. Even a quest line yesterday was kinda frustrating, since the final step was dependent on me and my strike team (of randoms) killing enemies with my Super's buff.
So all in all: I'd have preferred if low level activities had kept co-op optional, not make it mandatory.

I agree 100%

I don't like the idea of fireteam bounties in PVE. In crucible? Sure that seems more appropriate.

It's a weird place to be in for Bungie because a lot of people have REALLY been screaming for these kinda co-op bounties.
They could have made special co-op bounties that run parallel with the normal ones but then people would still shout "yo bungie why do i need anther person for these bounties,I can only do half of all bounties alone wtf"

We'll see how it goes,I feel they just want to watch people's reactions to it first.

I guess I don't get why the bounties HAVE to be co-op, since you can do almost everything in co-op anyways if that's the way you like to play the game.

ocean

Banned

I'm really happy about these. At launch when there were 5 bounty slots and only a handful available I'd have agreed.

Now you have 16 bounty slots. The Bounty dude has like a dozen. Eris will have new ones. Petra will have new ones. Gunsmith will have new ones. Factions and Vanguards will be doling out quests.

I really think there's enough to go around. It feels more limited now since TTK and its attending content are not live yet, but I don't think giving people who play with friends 3-4 bounties a day to do together detracts from anyone else's experience.

Hedge

I really dislike the new subclass quests. Twice my bf has been paired with people who ran off to farm orbs of light, leaving him to truck on alone.

Kyoufu

Also come back up and go to opposite with the larger building and back down the stairs and you will become behind them. I do this in a circle 3 times since it triggers them to respawn quick.

Actually, all you need to do is run back to the stairs to make them respawn. Takes like 3 seconds.

Tovarisc

Quoting for new page.

Anybody?

Level up gear apparently or shove to faction for rep.

----

I wonder if all people who get Suros package are from US thanks to different kind billing rules in services? Or do I remember wrong if I say that in US you get billed already, but here in EU at release.

Klyka

Banned

----

I wonder if all people who get Suros package are from US thanks to different kind billing rules in services? Or do I remember wrong if I say that in US you get billed already, but here in EU at release.

For me in germany it says I will be billed on the 13-15th.
I couldn't check yet if I got anything at the postmaster but I doubt it.

edit
Thanks.

Got my Suros package here in Germany BTW.

Well that bodes well for me!

GlamFM

Banned

----

Thanks.

Got my Suros package here in Germany BTW.

So it's going to cost 150 legendary marks to buy the 2.0 version of a 1.0 exotic you already have.

These fucking marks better be easy to get, otherwise this is worse than Xurification IMO

Nah I'm with you since I usually play crucible by myself.
If you find one with better range then yes. But Thorn has a high rate of fire so it edges out.

Aggressive Ballistics got a range and stability nerf. The gun goes all over the place and doesn't affect the TTK unless they're right in your face. But TLW is not a "right in your face" weapon because that's what a Shotgun is for.
Well I guess I'd have to do some testing to see when the damage falloff occurs but I was still doing well with the gun but I had to approach situations a bit more carefully than normal. I generally play like a coward anyway, so it might not affect me as much. It just feels like it takes way more patience and skill right now. Possibly more than it's worth, but I think I'll stick with it as long as I still get results like earlier.

Maybe they'll buff it though if they notice no one is using it. At least I won't get anymore hate mail and complaints about me using it.

ocean

Banned
Btw the Weekly Heroic being Onnigul is perfect for Subclass quest. I did Gunslinger Major kills in the first room and then Bladedancer Major kills in the following room (the charging Captains). Half the Strike and I'd done both quests (then I just had to finish the actual Strike).

Ambitious

That's interesting: You can only complete 2.0 bounties from within the quest menu. Year 1 bounties have to be redeemed at the Bounty robot. There's a different badge for completed bounties too: Year 1 bounties have a star in the top left corner, Year 2 bounties have a checkmark in the top right corner.

Kyoufu

I really like that the new bounties are way faster to do than the old ones.

I just did all 6 Vanguard bounties in 10 minutes.

actually, you can double/triple jump in that very room and hit your head on the ceiling to respawn them, as long as no one else is running around screwing up the spawns. when it works, it works well.

Wow, good to know.

ocean

Banned
So it's going to cost 150 legendary marks to buy the 2.0 version of a 1.0 exotic you already have.

These fucking marks better be easy to get, otherwise this is worse than Xurification IMO
Xur upgrade meant getting an unleveled weapon and losing your old one, with an RNG later requiring you to wait for him to carry the upgrade you wanted.

This system let's you pick which Exotic you want at any moment, gives you a significantly higher level version right off the bat, and has the Exotic perk unlocked from the start.

I'm also anxious to see how easy Marks are to accrue, but there's no way this can be worse than TDB upgrading.

Klyka

Banned
Btw it is hilarious how quickly you level up. You basically get XP thrown at you from everywhere.

My friend who was lvl 32 went to 34 by turning in 5 bounties that took 10min to complete.

colinp

Banned
Btw it is hilarious how quickly you level up. You basically get XP thrown at you from everywhere.

My friend who was lvl 32 went to 34 by turning in 5 bounties that took 10min to complete.

Yep, wonder if the march to 40 will be as quick or if there is more of a curve.

Xur upgrade meant getting an unleveled weapon and losing your old one, with an RNG later requiring you to wait for him to carry the upgrade you wanted.

This system let's you pick which Exotic you want at any moment, gives you a significantly higher level version right off the bat, and has the Exotic perk unlocked from the start.

I'm also anxious to see how easy Marks are to accrue, but there's no way this can be worse than TDB upgrading.

Yes but glimmer, exotic shards and such were easy to get.

Legendary Marks are unknown, but that's a lot of marks needed out of the gate to get the new exotics. At least the resources needed for Xur were easily obtainable and in advance as well. Day 1 we will need to grind a lot of marks to even get 1. Not to mention armour as well.

Ji66a-Man

Only weird bug I've noticed so far after the patch is if you had the vanilla black Dead Orbit Hunter faction item, it is now white post-patch.

No, it was a launch perk, Extended Mag. I'd actually put a few bucks down that Field Scout wasn't meant to affect mag size in the first place but they didn't know how to handle it after shipping.

Ah, ok. Field Scout is described as "Maximum ammo capacity increased." I believe that was meant for all your capacity (mag and reserve). It seemed like an intentionally valuable perk since it was found on important raid weapons in both VoG and CE. I don't think Fang would have also had a 27 mag if VoC was a mistake.

They changed their minds about how perks should work and had to "rewrite history" as a result. I just don't understand why only FS received a 100% reduction. It feels like another example of Bungie not understanding how the game is played as well as the serious players do. Increasing primary inventory is useless, why not replace FS with Extended Mag or another perk entirely?

Well I got about 6 hours of play time today so i'll just share my thoughts.

I think Bungie ruined the game. For me anyway.

Every change they made sounds good on paper and the game was in desperate need of updates. There are some things that I really like and appreciate, like the Collections, UI enhancements and Quests... and then there are things I really dislike. Ergo, the new Crucible.

The PvP is one of those areas that needed some changes because the meta game was stale and had dug the game into a power creeping pit with seemingly no end in sight. Again, every change they made to Crucible sounds great on paper; however, what I've played of Crucible today was not great.

Nothing has really changed.

Well, that isn't accurate. It's more like, the only thing that changed is The Last Word. Sure, there are things that are slightly less effective than they were now, so the power creep has gone down. But all of those things were nerfed in tandem, and therefore do not require you to change your playstyle. You can still blink shotgun and thorn arcbolt and pulse rifle your way to victory. The Last Word on the other hand had its legs cut off and now this weapon can't kill one player point blank while hipfiring... which is supposed to be buffed.

I'm not going to insinuate that the game I played today is representative of the potential meta in 2.0. It would be daft to assume so because meta takes time to develop. What I will say however is that the game plays exactly as it did before, except we have on one hand where some OP weapons have been replaced by other OP weapons, and the other hand where an entire playstyle has been lost. By the time you kill anything with hip fire, you're being shotgunned or auto rifled. Blink is unchanged, Shotguns are still OP, and the only gun in the fucking game that can do anything about it is trash.

Bungie tried to offset the weaker sandbox by making ability energy recharge SUPER SLOW. Abilities take forever to regenerate currently and IMO it ruins the pacing of the game. This will most likely change when we reach level 40, but what wont change are the spawn times on special crates. Since they were first nerfed I had a problem with it because less special means more time using primaries. And now that my primary has been nerfed, I'm running around with an empty sniper rifle and a gun that takes 8 rounds to kill one player. Under no circumstance should a Titan be able to skate towards me and slide shotgun before The Last Word kills them. Get out of here with that.

What I played today was a mess of inconsistency, deceptive depth, and noise. This isn't like the last updates where everyone suddenly picked up a Hand Cannon, Scout Rifle or Pulse Rifle respectively (and that's understandable because this targets all of that). And again, the meta hasn't developed yet, so we don't know how it really plays. But what I saw right now was a game with a gaping hole in the middle. It feels like tamage drop off scaling was poorly handled and mid ranged combat has disappeared completely. Bungie could have taken The Last Word out of the game before this patch and I would not have noticed much difference.

Rift sucks - at least on the bad maps. Of the matches I played, I think it only plays well on Black Shield, Bannerfall, and Vertigo, and that's because you don't need to turtle up in some tiny hallway to grab or capture the Spark. Half of the game is fighting over the damn thing because it's in a corridor where people are spamming their nades. As with the weapon meta, it'll be a while before players learn how to play Rift. My impressions thus far however paint it as hopelessly chaotic with little room for strategy beyond "spam supers and camp spawns". The latter especially is a problem because the maps only have 2 spawn zones. On Sector 618, I was literally spawning into the same Titan's shotgun death after death, and of course I can't fucking do anything because my anti-shotgun primary is nerfed and special hasn't spawned yet. All of the maps have predictable spawns and I foresee these being exploited more as time goes on. Destiny needs objective modes, but Bungie needs to design objective maps. Rift doesn't really work on the old maps and it hardly works on the new ones.

Maybe I didn't like it because 98% of the games I played ended early thanks to a rule that seems to be matching me into more lopsided games than ever before.

I wont comment on the maps much because I haven't played them all, but I've already shared my opinion on some of them here. There are good ones and there are garbage ones, so there's nothing new on that front. I just hope Bungie hasn't implemented a quitting penalty yet because the lows this time are really fucking low. I have no intention of playing Sector 618 ever again.

That's just the Crucible side. I didn't do much PvE, but what I've heard on that front doesn't have me optimistic (convulsed Light system, 45% shotgun nerf).

This isn't any kind of review. I'm just sharing my thoughts of what I played today, and it is overwhelmingly negative. I'd say it goes beyond being salty about one weapon being nerfed. Feels like there's no point in playing Gunslinger in PvP anymore. The Tower stuff is cool, the new gear is nice, Bannerfall is fun and I love the new music. Everything else makes me not want to turn my PS4 on tomorrow.
Basically my feelings. I had fun messing with Juju and Mida but they ain't shit compared to TLW and it annoys me that of all the guns that Bungie could have hit hard they chose to completely destroy the one with the highest skill ceiling in favor of dudes with ARs and shotguns.

The event pop up when logging in first regarding the gunsmith stuff said the vanguard and crucible vendors updated their inventory as well.

But doesn't everything require legendary marks?

Is the only way to get a new weapon leveling up his rank? And I'm assuming packages don't drop until rank 3 like the other vendors/factions?

FyreWulff

Not willing to reset any of my characters, but cleaning house to 'start over' as much as possible for TTK.. Going through all my shaders and emblems and double checking they are at the kiosks and cleaning them all out (it doesn't cost anything to get them back). Gonna do the same with all old purples and guns I just held onto for.. reasons. Then I'm going through and buying all the emblems and shaders I don't have unlocked yet to jumpstart my completionism.

Also, I'm guessing we'll have to wait for the 15th for Fourth Horseman to show up in the guns kiosk. So don't shard that one yet if you're making space.

Step 8, I think. The strike-step. I hope it is the last one. I think challenges that impact other players are terrible.
But maybe I'm biased as a person who only enjoys single player content.

Yeah, those steps suck. I tried to play the strike normally on my first time, but my matchmade teammates killed the boss so quickly that I only had 27/30 super kills or whatever needed. The objective failed and went back to 0/30.
So the next Strike I had to concentrate on the quest objective, constantly slowing down the strike's progress. Kinda bad stuff that one.

Edit: Oh, top of the page.
giphy.gif

Top Bottom