• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

rsUeqZy.jpg

New modifiers!

Looking forward to testing tlw myself after work. I refuse to believe it's as bad as everyone is saying. Lalala I can't hear you. Lol
I'm not finding it that bad, but I rarely ever used ADS on it so I have no problem hip firing exclusively. I'll probably check out soft ballistics later on, but I don't wanna lose the damage.

Klyka

Banned
Yeah the Bounties give rep, but for the factions it is not even half what it used to be. Down from 550 on average to 230. Gonna make it alot harder to rank up now.

Do please remember that the actual TTK items have tons of perks with "gain more vanguard rep" "gain more crucible rep" etc..

We are NOT in 2.0 just yet.

We are in a limbo.

You can also turn in all kinds of things for rep AND you use motes of light for gear XP.

Please please PLEASE keep yours heads on Guardians!

All numbers should currently be treated with caution cause TTK is not out yet!

I agree. I see the questification thing as a gimmick to get me to do more patrols and bounties.

Generate orbs? Eris bounty.
Kills in the bubble didn't even work. I had to use grenades.
30 kills in a strike? Ok.
I've only done defender so far but I wish the quest was a story not just "Go fill in check marks on patrol." I've done so much patrol in the past... I'm on a first name basis with the 3 Hive guys and the Basement Fallen. Oh well. Still fun, but really kinda more of the same so far.

Holy crap, I forgot about that! That was baffling and annoying.

Kyoufu

Yeah the Bounties give rep, but for the factions it is not even half what it used to be. Down from 550 on average to 230. Gonna make it alot harder to rank up now.

Well yeah, bounties give 50-60 rep now and 2500-3000 XP.

I don't mind because you can just turn in consumables for faction rep.

CREMSteve

Rare - Mark of the Bulwarks - Defense 160
Legendary - Mark of Kellslayer - Defense 3

Lolz
Is this one of the items that has Infusion perk? I have a legendary ghost like that, only 3 DEF but with infusion perk and a bunch of other perks to unlock. I imagine it'll be a pretty powerful little ghost when it's fully upgraded.

Do we know how Infusion works, like is the amount it takes from the item you infuse it with a set amount, random or something else? For example, Like could you infuse an exotic into it and turn it into an exotic if it wasn't one at the start?

Kyoufu

I got 25 Motes and 9 Coins doing most of the bounties today.

So you definitely will get way more coins despite the removal of 9 guaranteed coins per weekly strike per character.

JayHayabusa

Are exotic class items available yet? Can't keep up with all the info!

Tried Crucible and got destroyed by shotguns and here I was trying my TLW since I moved from Thorn months ago determined to get better at TLW! Sigh!

I also need to redo the Black Garden mission on my Hunter and Titan for some reason even though I finished the game with both. Plus side is I'll get The strangers rifle since I never gotten it on those two and sharded it on my Warlock main!

Liamc723

What with Motes Of Light and Strange Coins dropping far more often, has anyone tried out POE yet? That's where I always grind those resources, and I'd love to get even more from that gametype.

noomi

Tried Crucible and got destroyed by shotguns and here I was trying my TLW since I moved from Thorn months ago determined to get better at TLW! Sigh!

I also need to redo the Black Garden mission on my Hunter and Titan for some reason even though I finished the game with both. Plus side is I'll get The strangers rifle since I never gotten it on those two and sharded it on my Warlock main!

The only exotic class items now are the ones from the collectors edition.

I got 25 Motes and 9 Coins doing most of the bounties today.

So you definitely will get way more coins despite the removal of 9 guaranteed coins per weekly strike per character.

Well that's good to hear. I'm a bit short on motes and want as many as I can get.

Or just use Thorn :p

Side note. There's a slight delay to ready up weapon during blink but it can still poop on people
https://youtu.be/C43wZyI591o

Bah, thorn reign supreme... as always!

void666

Banned

If you have the legendary edition, yes. There's a package in the postmaster. Dance, shader and exotic class item.

BokehKing

Banned
So gunsmith has a quest icon above his head, so I go to him, and all he is offering is telemetry and ammo? Where are the weapons to test?

Gammacide

So is the Stranger's Rifle only obtainable once per character? I swear I ran the final mission and watched the cutscene pre patch and got nothing. Sorry if I am late to this discussion. Haven't even played since downloading the patch.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Man the exotics upgrade so quick now. My Queensbreakers Bow has unlocked 5 perks in like 30 minutes.

JayHayabusa

So is the Stranger's Rifle only obtainable once per character? I swear I ran the final mission and watched the cutscene pre patch and got nothing. Sorry if I am late to this discussion. Haven't even played since downloading the patch.

When I finished the vanilla game with my Titan and Hunter I also got nothing.

And now in 2.0 I have the quest to defeat the Black Garden on both with a legendary weapon upgrade as a reward.

Don't have this quest on my Warlock where I got the Strangers Rifle!

Tovarisc

Well they really gutted Hawkmoon. It went from borderline sniper rifle to basically melee range weapon, lols.

Vex on Control
2.0 KD 30 kills
What is this

About to test Vex myself. I imagine it benefitting quite a bit from increased projectile velocity.

flaproosta

Neo Member
Hello DGaf, long time lurker but diving in for TK.

Those new modifiers look great, will be interesting to see how the Nightfall changes with the burn resistant armors and new modifiers.

Impressed by 2.0 so far.

Rainmaker

Banned
The more I play and think about it the more I think this game will never not be a mess.

Anyway, I really hope we don't all end up wearing the same stuff in the end.

I play more PvE and it's super frustrating having guns I like to use just be nerfed to complete shit. Their weapon balancing is a constant pain in the ass.

Whoyouare

Maybe this has already been covered. Are the quests in the abandoned quest kiosk just the quests we already complet d since the game launched?

Tovarisc

I was having a real hard time with it yesterday, enemies that were in mid range from me were impossible to hit.

Hawkmoon did need range decrease with slight decrease in accuracy, counter sniping snipers with hand cannon was ridiculous. They just way, way overdid nerfs on it and I just don't see it being that viable in PvP. Thorn seems to have superior range and accuracy while put DoT on target.

flaproosta

Neo Member
Maybe this has already been covered. Are the quests in the abandoned quest kiosk just the quests we already complet d since the game launched?

Not technically, they are how Bungie wants to present the story from year one.

That will include missions, some patrol requirements, strikes etc.

But, yes, largely the same.

Hawkmoon did need range decrease with slight decrease in accuracy, counter sniping snipers with hand cannon was ridiculous. They just way, way overdid nerfs on it and I just don't see it being that viable in PvP. Thorn seems to have superior range and accuracy while put DoT on target.

Is the damage drop off that bad?

I guess its supposed to compete with auto rifles now?

Top Bottom