• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Yes but glimmer, exotic shards and such were easy to get.

Legendary Marks are unknown, but that's a lot of marks needed out of the gate to get the new exotics. At least the resources needed for Xur were easily obtainable and in advance as well. Day 1 we will need to grind a lot of marks to even get 1. Not to mention armour as well.
Not saying the legendary marks will be as easy to get as crucible or vanguard marks, but if they are even half as simple then it shouldn't be a problem.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
So the character boost for under level 20s is not available until next week? Really wanted to push my warlock up to 34 before TTK.

Cade

I dunno if I like anything I've seen besides Quality of Life stuff. Everyone is just using hard light now in addition to shotguns and hand cannons. The odd scout rifle.
Rift is... I want to love it, but I hate that it's not real ctf. It just hands out points willynilly for trying, because that's how Destiny works but when it boils down to people grabbing the spark, instantly dying, and then it's TDM for half a minute until the Spark is back. They need to either tone down spark respawn delay limitations or allow a five second window for it to be grabbed, maybe restricted to the team who actually grabbed it, allowing for that tight defense gameplay that's fun in 2f ctf. I'm slightly disappointed.

the last word is really garbage now :(

I guess there's still hope for 2.0

are the perks supposed to be different or is it just general attack values ?

Tovarisc

Just played my first 2.0 Crucible match. ADS on the TLW feels so awkward now. Hipfire seems better though.

Well TLW was never intended to be ADS weapon that rules over all of them at all ranges, it was always supposed to be mid to close range hipfire cannon. Is it wrong that I kinda enjoy all tears and salt from TLW users who are salty about not being able to ADS dominate in PvP anymore?

I keep hearing that blink shotty with AR as secondary weapon is new meta now, that true?

Klyka

Banned
Well TLW was never intended to be ADS weapon that rules over all of them at all ranges, it was always supposed to be mid to close range hipfire cannon. Is it wrong that I kinda enjoy all tears and salt from TLW users who are salty about not being able to ADS dominate in PvP anymore?

I keep hearing that blink shotty with AR as secondary weapon is new meta now, that true?

1 day

"new meta"

hm

It's not the range I get that but it feels weaker even close range

it used to destroy but I felt like I had to empty the entire clip today

nOoblet16

I have been doing ok with TLW, not as effective as before but the effectiveness I've lost is in the distance I could kill and I am more or less fine with it given the kind of weapon it was suppose to be and that it worked in range it wasn't suppose to work at. It's actually harder to use now rather than what it was before where it didn't take much to get to the "higher skill requirement" to use it. Soft Ballistics helps with the range drop off.

The TTK has increased slightly throughout due to the damage drop off HC had and as such TLW having higher TTK than before is more or less fine by me even if I liked how it was before more.

Sorry, if it's been discussed already, but what would be the process of going from disc to digital? Can I safely delete just the disc install? Will it keep my updates? Or will I have to delete all and download everything from scratch?

CREMSteve

I'm getting armour materials for dismantling things, but my old materials are still in my inventory. What do I do with the old stuff like plasteel plating?

And where do you get legendary marks? I thought they replaced vanguard marks, of which I had 200... But I have zero legendary marks.

And what do I do with all of these different currencies I have? Radiant and ascendant materials, does that stuff still get used for anything?

Klyka

Banned
I'm getting armour materials for dismantling things, but my old materials are still in my inventory. What do I do with the old stuff like plasteel plating?

And where do you get legendary marks? I thought they replaced vanguard marks, of which I had 200... But I have zero legendary marks.

And what do I do with all of these different currencies I have? Radiant and ascendant materials, does that stuff still get used for anything?

I haven't found anyone to exchange my old materials so i just pumped New Monarchy rank to 2 with my spinfibre wire I had

Tovarisc

I haven't found anyone to exchange my old materials so i just pumped New Monarchy rank to 2 with my spinfibre wire I had

Old materials, like plasteel, can be exchanged into new material at Vanguard Quartermaster on 15th so hold on to those.

Legendary marks, no on those before 15th.

On shards and energies, afaik they aren't used for anything in TTK so go to Speaker and get some Motes. If feeling cautious hold on to some shards and energies.

EL CUCO

Blink shotty is still strong, but not as godly as it was. Thorn, Mida, or Red Death/Messenger seem to be the go to primaries right now.

KxoZz

I have a couple questions. Not at home atm so can't fond out for myself.

Armsday bugged or whats up with that? Bungie said anything?

Are any 5k XP bounties up or have they been demoted to 3k XP permanently?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Ahh damn yesterday I could buy all the Hunter Cloaks and Warlock Bonds with my Titan through Eris Morn but now it requires to be using those classes to buy them and be the rank.

Darn it.

Ovek

7Member7
Sorry, if it's been discussed already, but what would be the process of going from disc to digital? Can I safely delete just the disc install? Will it keep my updates? Or will I have to delete all and download everything from scratch?

You have to re-download it I believe.

noomi

Looks like they completely re-did all the bounties. Anything that was 5K is now 3K.

ocean

Banned

New bounties are a lot easier but they pay less. Most of the old 5k bounties took a long time to complete. Doing them all or most in a day is more feasible now so most people will end up getting more bounties done at the end of the day.

Ambitious

The abandoned quests at the terminal near the Mentors, these are the story missions, are they not? Can I get rid of them without re-completing everything?

phen0m24

Step 8, I think. The strike-step. I hope it is the last one. I think challenges that impact other players are terrible.
But maybe I'm biased as a person who only enjoys single player content.

I agree. I see the questification thing as a gimmick to get me to do more patrols and bounties.

Generate orbs? Eris bounty.
Kills in the bubble didn't even work. I had to use grenades.
30 kills in a strike? Ok.
I've only done defender so far but I wish the quest was a story not just "Go fill in check marks on patrol." I've done so much patrol in the past... I'm on a first name basis with the 3 Hive guys and the Basement Fallen. Oh well. Still fun, but really kinda more of the same so far.

I agree. I see the questification thing as a gimmick to get me to do more patrols and bounties.

Generate orbs? Eris bounty.
Kills in the bubble didn't even work. I had to use grenades.
30 kills in a strike? Ok.
I've only done defender so far but I wish the quest was a story not just "Go fill in check marks on patrol." I've done so much patrol in the past... I'm on a first name basis with the 3 Hive guys and the Basement Fallen. Oh well. Still fun, but really kinda more of the same so far.

Yeh, im not feeling it either

Not being a fun sponge but at the end of the day its just another DLC same as TdB/HoW with some good changes and some bad, the key thing is if there's going to be enough "fresh" content to keep us (the 1%ers) hooked

todd360

Basically my feelings. I had fun messing with Juju and Mida but they ain't shit compared to TLW and it annoys me that of all the guns that Bungie could have hit hard they chose to completely destroy the one with the highest skill ceiling in favor of dudes with ARs and shotguns.

Looking forward to testing tlw myself after work. I refuse to believe it's as bad as everyone is saying. Lalala I can't hear you. Lol

So what should we be doing to prepare for The Taken King now that 2.0 is out? What kind of things should we do now and what should we save?

phen0m24

Looking forward to testing tlw myself after work. I refuse to believe it's as bad as everyone is saying. Lalala I can't hear you. Lol

TG said just go soft ballistics on it and you're golden.

I was explaining to Josh yesterday that the Thorn changes were a net buff.

"Really?"

Is Banshee doing his thing yet today?

kiri

Morning all (or is it lunchtime?)

So, after downloading all night, I managed to get 2.0 this morning and pottered around the Tower for all of 2 minutes before heading to work.

What do I have to look forward to when I start playing tonight? I've head that Monte Carlo is OP? Hope so...I have 2!

TG said just go soft ballistics on it and you're golden.

I was explaining to Josh yesterday that the Thorn changes were a net buff.

"Really?"

Is Banshee doing his thing yet today?

Nothing yet with Banshee

Just lame because the pop up was there when logging in for the first time saying to visit him and that the vendors had new weapons.

Maybe IB or Trials time?

Shito

So what should we be doing to prepare for The Taken King now that 2.0 is out? What kind of things should we do now and what should we save?
My take on this is to NOT play the new quests that have appeared.
Those give XP, and it's not really clever to complete them while we are still caped at 34.

Happy 1st Birthday Destiny!!!

Today marks one full year since Destiny launched on September 9, 2015.

6 days away from The Taken King!

It's been great thanks to all the fantastic folks here! Love you all! :)

KxoZz

Looks like they completely re-did all the bounties. Anything that was 5K is now 3K.

New bounties are a lot easier but they pay less. Most of the old 5k bounties took a long time to complete. Doing them all or most in a day is more feasible now so most people will end up getting more bounties done at the end of the day.

Ok, so no more 5k bounties as far as we know. Luckily I saved up 10 of them.

Top Bottom