• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Klyka

Banned
Am I the only person who hates "meta" and 9/10 refuses to use anything that is considered "meta" cause it's just so dumb to have and do what everyone else is doing?

Tovarisc

Is the damage drop off that bad?

I guess its supposed to compete with auto rifles now?

I needed to get basically into shotty/melee range to make meaningful damage now and that thing won't compete with AR's in any way at that range, not even mentioning shotties themselves. You need land 2 headshots or very rapid 3 body shots where AR just sprays at you for second for kill.

Damn. 1 year already.

Just wanted to say thanks DGAF! I've found the best group of gamers in the entire gaming community. You guys are simply amazing. When I decided to come back into Destiny late June I thought I was gonna be playing alone from here on out. Nope! I decided to check GAF and noticed we were on OT 20 or so. Now look where we are.

You guys help when there is no one else, and you guys are so much fun to play with. I decided to get TTK on PS4 first because that's where you guys are. Excited to start year 2 with you guys.

You're the best!

-TheWorthyEdge

Bizazedo

So I never finished Eris quest line because it rewarded something worse than I had, so I did not care.

I decided to clean it up last night. The UI improvements motivated me. I get to do the Will of Croat and kill Omnigul. Cool! That is the weekly.

We do the nightfall and then the weekly. No credit. Wtf? Was it always like that?

I needed to get basically into shotty/melee range to make meaningful damage now and that thing won't compete with AR's in any way at that range, not even mentioning shotties themselves. You need land 2 headshots or very rapid 3 body shots where AR just sprays at you for second for kill.

Maybe the Hawkmoon needs a firing rate increase?

Sounds like you pretty much have to snap shot 2 headshots and hope you get the lucky bullets

Thats a real bummer. TLW and Thorn probably work more reliably at that range

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
actually, you can double/triple jump in that very room and hit your head on the ceiling to respawn them, as long as no one else is running around screwing up the spawns. when it works, it works well.

Did this fix this? I couldn't get them to respawn tonight, and have never had trouble with it in the past. Maybe I had bad luck with people being nearby the 4 times I tried it...

I've got no internet due to moving for 2 weeks, reading your impressions makes the pain of not playing the updated destiny a little bit better.

Has the rate of fire on Thorn been nerfed, feels like it.

I have yet to see any videos of the 2.0 thorn

Seems like its still good but you probably need to fire from cover as opposed to challenging out in the open

It might actually be a more tactical supressive weapon than anything else assuming it can still hit at range

DOT stacks probably arent affected by the new damage dropoff

Tovarisc

Maybe the Hawkmoon needs a firing rate increase?

Sounds like you pretty much have to snap shot 2 headshots and hope you get the lucky bullets

Thats a real bummer. TLW and Thorn probably work more reliably at that range

Need play more rounds with Hawk, but initial impression is to Vault that thing and whip out Thorn or TWL. If into hand cannons in PvP. Otherwise burst/auto/Vex.

Hedera

Only weird bug I've noticed so far after the patch is if you had the vanilla black Dead Orbit Hunter faction item, it is now white post-patch.
Finally see this mentioned. I made a post about it yesterday but didn't get any answers that confirmed it. It was driving me crazy that maybe it had only happened to me.

Bungie I want my black cloak back please!

maomaoIYP

I really wish they did more with them.

You get sparrows from VoG and CE and they look like normal sparrows.
Should have cool models and such you ride on.
Imagine riding on a Thrall skeleton or something!

I can't tell if you agree with me or not o_O

I wish they had race mini quests during patrols, would give us a reason to care about sparrows.

Need play more rounds with Hawk, but initial impression is to Vault that thing and whip out Thorn or TWL. If into hand cannons in PvP. Otherwise burst/auto/Vex.

Hawkmoon - For mid range Sharpshooters only... probably have to use cover and go for headshots?

Thorn - Seems to be in an interesting middle ground but Ill have to test it more. Seems like a support weapon to fire from cover.

TLW - I imagine high agilty builds that can hip fire headshots could do some serious work assuming the new changes were applied correctly. Seems like a tough gun to control with the recoil and fire rate despite its perk list

nOoblet16

Imo now you pretty much need blink to use TLW the most effectively because it gives you an option to escape for reloading now that you require more shots to kill.

Is the damage drop off that bad?

I guess its supposed to compete with auto rifles now?

Hawkmoon's power was its advantage, the problem now is that with the damage drop off you end up damaging the enemy with just a bit of health left and as such requiring another shot but because of it's slow fire rate (compared to TLW and Thorn) it doesn't work as well as before.

noomi

I think it was a good idea for them to release 2.0 a week before TTK, they are observing us and our comments.

It's what they wanted, hopefully they take the feedback they get from the player base this week and make some further adjustments to weapons right before TTK releases.

eFKac

I didn't think so but I only played a few games, Monte Carlo/that archetype seems way better. It was with an upgraded one as well

Yup, Monte Carlo is fucking deadly, need to find an AR with better stability than mine First Rule. I just can't compete.

Scout Rifles still seem worthless to me in PVP

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
shotguns still have some decent range on them but fusion rifles get to live again

AR return was greatly exaggerated so far

hawkmoon... hate it had to be you, breh

Imo now you pretty much need blink to use TLW the most effectively because it gives you an option to escape for reloading now that you require more shots to kill.

Hawkmoon's power was its advantage, the problem now is that with the damage drop off you end up damaging the enemy with just a bit of health left and as such requiring another shot but because of it's slow fire rate (compared to TLW and Thorn) it doesn't work as well as before.

Sounds like overkill

Shouldnt have touched the lucky bullets if they were going to do such an extreme damage dropoff

Seems like Thorn is the only gun that comes out being decent though I think the Jury is still out on TLW

Tovarisc

Hawkmoon - For mid range Sharpshooters only... probably have to use cover and go for headshots?

TBH Hawkmoon has always been about landing headshots because of fire rate and not having DoT's and such. With fire rate, range and damage drop off it seems to have now I just don't see it working as mid range weapon where it will get outclassed by AR's and maybe even Vex. Yes you could try go hardcore campy with it and try surprise people with fast headshots, but that doesn't really make for interesting gameplay for either side.

Hawkmoon maybe needs tad of its original range back or increased fire rate so it could in theory compete with AR's in mid range.

The more I play and think about it the more I think this game will never not be a mess.

Anyway, I really hope we don't all end up wearing the same stuff in the end.

I play more PvE and it's super frustrating having guns I like to use just be nerfed to complete shit. Their weapon balancing is a constant pain in the ass.

I think the meta will always be a moving target, but there will always be a group of weapons that are the fastest to kill. Do you have to use those weapons to enjoy Destiny? No, but the majority will. I enjoyed using Vex, Thorn and the Messenger as my primary weapon at the end of vanilla PvP. I had choices and could be equally (in)effective with all those guns depending on map and how I wanted to play.

In PoE, I found I had more choices of guns than in the rest of the game due to skulls being activated. I thought that was a step in the right direction of leveling the playing field for guns.

We'll have to wait until mid October to see how this new meta turns out. All I know is that last night I was running around with Necrocasm on maps where I was completely lost and getting kills. It was fun.

Yup, Monte Carlo is fucking deadly, need to find an AR with better stability than mine First Rule. I just can't compete.

Scouts are long range pumping headshots

Have always been good and they barely touch em on balance updates

EL CUCO

MIDA says hello. I was putting in some work woth the NL Shadow too. Haven't tried VoC yet.

Shito

Scout rifles have always been the most balanced weapon type in the whole game.
They require you to stay at the distance they're aimed at, and they ask you a little bit of skill in chaining those headshots to get a kill.
Now that the hand cannons range is back at where it always should have been, people think scouts are crap because they don't do as much damage as they did with a Hawkmoon or Thorn shot, when in reality scouts are now *better* because their preferred range is not being shat on by weapons that are supposed to be medium range.

Year One rewards out or is that when TTK hits? I didn't log on last night
The only available reward at the moment are the Suros shader and emblem, and the CE emotes.

GRIP

Refreshed the thread when I came into work this morning and its jumped 55 pages since I left yesterday afternoon.

EL CUCO

Don't have the Mida unfortunately, so can't try it out.

I'm using the NL Shadow, it just doesn't feel competitive to me on majority of maps.
Whats your roll on it? Mid to long range it was dropping people pretty quick with headshots. Mine is full auto, Braced Frame, hiddden hand.

Edit: ah yes, and as stated above, need to hang back a little. Take advantage of that range, straffe, and shoot.

Top Bottom