• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

They need to add an option that mutes Nolan Droid.

I just can't......it's so bad :(

I have noticed people are 50/50 torn on Nolandroid so far

Its a jarring change.... Its funny how we complained about dinklebot but the character is so ingrained that the change just throws everything off

Its a jarring change.... Its funny how we complained about dinklebot but the character is so ingrained that the change just throws everything off

Dinkle bot was bad but it felt like a robot, a ghost...something mechanical, not-human.

Nolan droid sounds like a girl with a weird voice who just took money to repeat a bunch of lines with no emotion.

X-Frame

Anymore impressions on the PvE shotgun nerf?

The day the shotguns were buffed for PvE was the day I got really excited to play PvE content again. Having them basically revert that entire huff is really confusing me.

Doing my a nightfall and I was a bit shocked. I think I'll run a few missions to let the new voice sink in. Did they record ghost dialogue for the expansions or is nolandroid silent during those encounters to?

Im inside my ward if dawn killing enemies buts its not counting for the quest. What im a doing wrong

You need to be in the crucible. Only kills with nades and charged melee will count in pve.

I keep hearing people complain about this quest

What does it ask you to do again? It might be bugged. I heard Melee and Grenade kills are more reliable

Regular melee kills don't count. Has to be charged melee or kill by grenade. Even the hunter's throwing knife doesn't count.

The day the shotguns were buffed for PvE was the day I got really excited to play PvE content again. Having them basically revert that entire huff is really confusing me.

Pve shotguns are terrible now. On the other hand, pvp shotguns still as deadly as before, sliding shotguns everywhere :(

Klyka

Banned
Doing my a nightfall and I was a bit shocked. I think I'll run a few missions to let the new voice sink in. Did they record ghost dialogue for the expansions or is nolandroid silent during those encounters to?

Pretty sure he is silent since they said they only re-recorded old lines.

Only stuff like patrols has new dialogue by Nolan.

I like the one on Mars where he says "How do you think humanity felt when they first laid eyes on the traveler?" It's a really well delivered line.

dB Viper

Looks like I won't be picking a faction just yet. All of mine are edged... but my crucible ones are not. I'll just gain rep on that and not double dip.

Also would like to know why 500 cryptarch rank was taken away from each of my characters after the patch...

ocean

Banned
Am I the only person who hates "meta" and 9/10 refuses to use anything that is considered "meta" cause it's just so dumb to have and do what everyone else is doing?
Hating "meta" doesn't even make sense. You can hate a particular meta, or over usage of the word itself, but meta as a concept is just the optimized game theory solution to what your best decisions are accounting for what you expect other's decisions to be.

Your weapons, abilities, armor are decided mainly as the most effective counter to what you expect others to be using. You pack a RL instead of a machine gun because you expect others to have a RL and you'll get murdered without one. I used TLW before because I knew tons of people would rush me with shotguns.

Given enough time in this repeated game (game in the formal, game theory sense of the word), aggregate optimizing decisions of this sort lead to a steady state of sorts. This is the meta: playing the players, not the game, by basing your loadout on what you expect others to do, while they're basing theirs on what they expect you to do.

There isn't a "new meta" yet. This takes time. People are still playing around with everything. Feels like launch almost. In a few weeks, the effective stuff will be found. Counters to this will be found. And repeated enough times, we'll then find the population almost homogeneously using the easiest killing weapons and their most effective counters (like Thorn/Shotgun with randoms or TLW/Sniper in higher level play).

eFKac

Whats your roll on it? Mid to long range it was dropping people pretty quick with headshots. Mine is full auto, Braced Frame, hiddden hand.

Edit: ah yes, and as stated above, need to hang back a little. Take advantage of that range, straffe, and shoot.

Full auto and third eye.

I can also get more range for stability, But I like my guns stable.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned

Still doing good damage in strikes with my Hard Luck Charm.

Haybro

Thread's moving so fast it's hard to keep up, but have they given a time for when the gunsmith will have the new weapons? I jumped on this morning before work, and there was nothing there.

WipedOut

So found the best way to do most of the Subclass Quests. Load up the omnigul weekly with 2 friends and kill/wipe during the first part. There are tons of enemies and you can constantly spam supers.

adin75

16 out of the 50 kills inside the ward of dawn done and I'm still yet to actually pop a bubble, not sure what's going on there.

nOoblet16

Hating "meta" doesn't even make sense. You can hate a particular meta, or over usage of the word itself, but meta as a concept is just the optimized game theory solution to what your best decisions are accounting for what you expect other's decisions to be.

Your weapons, abilities, armor are decided mainly as the most effective counter to what you expect others to be using. You pack a RL instead of a machine gun because you expect others to have a RL and you'll get murdered without one. I used TLW before because I knew tons of people would rush me with shotguns.

Given enough time in this repeated game (game in the formal, game theory sense of the word), aggregate optimizing decisions of this sort lead to a steady state of sorts. This is the meta: playing the players, not the game, by basing your loadout on what you expect others to do, while they're basing theirs on what they expect you to do.

There isn't a "new meta" yet. This takes time. People are still playing around with everything. Feels like launch almost. In a few weeks, the effective stuff will be found. Counters to this will be found. And repeated enough times, we'll then find the population almost homogeneously using the easiest killing weapons and their most effective counters (like Thorn/Shotgun with randoms or TLW/Sniper in higher level play).

DGAF's resident John Nash.

E92 M3

Bungie definitely made everything weaker across the board, but it's hard to judge without actually playing TTK yet. So much content everywhere, though and the UI is beautiful.

The director gives me huge Reach vibes and I love it!

Lnkn52

Bungie definitely made everything weaker across the board, but it's hard to judge without actually playing TTK yet. So much content everywhere, though and the UI is beautiful.

The UI/UX for me has been the best thing about 2.0

Shito

By chance, do any of you stumbled upon a link with the new music while in orbit?
More specifically the piano part; I would love to listen to this while at work, but I can't seem to find it on youtube yet... Internet, why you disappoint me!

Klyka

Banned
16 out of the 50 kills inside the ward of dawn done and I'm still yet to actually pop a bubble, not sure what's going on there.

Read the description, grenade and charged melee kills count too.

Btw, I don't like the new menu and orbit music AT ALL.
The old music was hopeful, whimsical and adventurous.
It gave you this idea of great things being out there and you looking into fantastic places.

The new one is all "duuun duuuun everything is dark and bad duuuun duuuun shoot some monsters duuun"
Not a fan.

ocean

Banned
It might take me until Year 3 to rework my muscle memory to remember that my bounties are now to the left and not to the right of the character screen.

Thread's moving so fast it's hard to keep up, but have they given a time for when the gunsmith will have the new weapons? I jumped on this morning before work, and there was nothing there.
Nothing confirmed but since it wasn't up at reset the next guess is 10am PST/1PM EST like trials/IB.

noomi

I have the hard light and monte carlo fully upgraded, but I never paid glimmer to unlock the nodes. Not sure if I want to do that now, with all the year 2 stuff we will need to re-level once TTK hits.... hmmmmm

Jury is NOT out with TLW. They killed it.

Listen to Rubenov.

I would say it's only viable on close quarters map. The damage drop off and stability while ADS make it difficult to use, but I'm still trying :p

I was whopin' it up in crucible with it last night: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFKOkiTfVz8

This.

It jarred with me last night. I'll give it another go. I want to hear the iconic lines to see what Nolan makes of them.

I'll always have Dinklebot in my own Collector's Edition Ghost I suppose.

WipedOut

GIF-approval-Christian-Bale-flirt-kiss-proud-yes-youre-welcome-dat-ass-GIF.gif

Yep - Director was a huge upgrade.

We'll be doing that later.
After work shenanigans?

Ugh I missed the Little Light emblem and the new Taken King shaders that went up because of how long the fucking patch took.

Not happy with you Bungie. Why sell beat stuff a lot of people will miss out on because of this massive patch?

Also waking up for reset for the Gunsmith stuff to find a broken quest marker that gave me nothing.

Yayyyyyyyy :(

Namikaze1

Just did "We've woken the Hive!" for the 25 orbs from arc blade. And now I have to kill 3 majors in a strike...

Who wants to team up for Omnigul 26 to do these subclass bounties?

void666

Banned
Did bungie say something about armsday starting today? Maybe it was supposed to be next week only and they forgot about it.

ocean

Banned
50 pages since last i checked DGAF... Anyone wanna TL;DR? :p
DGAF loves Nolan Bot. We also hate it.
TLW still wrecks. It sucks.
Auto Rifles are back. They still suck.
Scouts suck. MIDA is life.
My Hopscotch was murdered! Pulse Rifles wrecking.
New maps look great! New maps are the worst!

thisisneogaf.gif

Top Bottom