• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

noomi

Just did "We've woken the Hive!" for the 25 orbs from arc blade. And now I have to kill 3 majors in a strike...

Who wants to team up for Omnigul 26 to do these subclass bounties?

Ugh I have to do some of this later today, parts of these class quests seem a bit painful to go through :p

Gordon

I have noticed people are 50/50 torn on Nolandroid so far

Its a jarring change.... Its funny how we complained about dinklebot but the character is so ingrained that the change just throws everything off
I always loved Dinklebot. I think the only reason people got sick of him is because the game is so painfully repetitive. Nolandroid on the other hand is terrible from the first sound you hear from him lol

What strike are strikers having the best luck with in completing Zavalas challenge? (3 FoH to generate 7 orbs each time in a single strike)

Anyone done it yet?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Did bungie say something about armsday starting today? Maybe it was supposed to be next week only and they forgot about it.

Thats the gun smith stuff right? I'm sure I read somewhere it starts 9th September so maybe later today?

lol old like you can't farm the Exclusion Zone since you need light level of 240 to do it on a higher level for those majors/ultras.

Laaaaame

I guess Gatekeeper is the only option for now!

noomi

Maybe it's just me.... but does anyone feel like the graphics are looking a bit better, crisper than before?

Ugh I missed the Little Light emblem and the new Taken King shaders that went up because of how long the fucking patch took.

Not happy with you Bungie. Why sell beat stuff a lot of people will miss out on because of this massive patch?

I bought Little Light and others because I thought I hadn't seen them before. Have they rotated now so quickly?

Shito

The Suros emblem is so FINE - I love it!
It's really fine, but Eva surprised me yesterday with this Little Light emblem I didn't even know about, so I'm rocking this one instead for the time being. ^^
I'm pleasantly surprised by the Suros shader, though, it looks awesome on my Hunter for the moment...

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Lord Shaxx makes 2.0 real omg

(after winning a rift game) "Amazing! I never thought a Warlock game could stir my blood"

Rubenov

Zoba still thinks it's viable with Soft. i'll try it out after TTK hits. not in the mood to play since I need to get back into MGSV.

Only in close range, at mid-range the damage drop off is too noticeable. Unless you're always flighting in close range it's not worth it.

darknil

So as I loaded up Destiny 2.0 I was very confused despite following news all over about this, but then I started to understand all the systems, getting my chars to 170 light.

So now I feel like I can start actually playing again, but for clarifications:

- In crucible light still doesn't matter, right?
- When should we shard the legendary items we don't want to keep? Bungie was warning about this a lot, but I don't know if they referred to patch release or TTK release.

For those asking about the weapons/armor getting full exp, I've noticed this only happened for those that the leveling started before the patch. For those I left as new, no exp was gained.

E92 M3

Where can I pick it up? Can I Get the preorder weapons too? I thought I could but I can't find them anywhere, but I see people with this emblem

It appears in the post office for preordering TTK. The weapons are not available yet. Are you digital or physical?

It's really fine, but Eva surprised me yesterday with this Little Light emblem I didn't even know about, so I'm rocking this one instead for the time being. ^^
I'm pleasantly surprised by the Suros shader, though, it looks awesome on my Hunter for the moment...

I didn't like the color palette on the Light Light emblem so didn't buy it. I have it on my hunter as well :)

Lol it works very well at that, but the problenm is the hugely decreased range at which you can do that. It still works as a weapon, just won't be the go-to weapon for competitive play like it used to be.

Max agilty

Build agility gear. Train your hands

Stopping holding the damn left trigger.

Tecnniqe

Banned
DGAF loves Nolan Bot. We also hate it.
TLW still wrecks. It sucks.
Auto Rifles are back. They still suck.
Scouts suck. MIDA is life.
My Hopscotch was murdered! Pulse Rifles wrecking.
New maps look great! New maps are the worst!

thisisneogaf.gif

Sooo nothing changed during the 50 pages :)

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Ugh I missed the Little Light emblem and the new Taken King shaders that went up because of how long the fucking patch took.

Not happy with you Bungie. Why sell beat stuff a lot of people will miss out on because of this massive patch?

Also waking up for reset for the Gunsmith stuff to find a broken quest marker that gave me nothing.

Yayyyyyyyy :(

Do you mean that Electric Aquarius shader? I wanted that. :(

Deku Tree

The little light emblem was only sold yesterday? So people with bad internet downloads couldn't get it Lolz. I hope it comes back soon.

Now that you can save them in the kiosks, I'm gonna start collecting all the ships, shaders, and emblems. Hopefully the kiosks have some "invisible stuff" that only shows up when you get it. TTK should have a sparrow.

PuMa

DGAF loves Nolan Bot. We also hate it.
TLW still wrecks. It sucks.
Auto Rifles are back. They still suck.
Scouts suck. MIDA is life.
My Hopscotch was murdered! Pulse Rifles wrecking.
New maps look great! New maps are the worst!

thisisneogaf.gif

Summed up very nicely!

nOoblet16

I think TLW will be in competitive play, it just won't work as well with other class as it does with Bladedancer.
Soft ballistics mean you can do full damage at medium distance. It's just not as high as before because of lack of aggressive ballistics but you are better off not using it because of worse recoil and worse damage drop off.

X-Frame

Pve shotguns are terrible now. On the other hand, pvp shotguns still as deadly as before, sliding shotguns everywhere :(

This is so disappointing.

Bungie, you reversed the shotgun nerfs for PvE and PvP.

I also don't understand why Bungie didn't just straight up change the stats of the high-impact class shotguns. They did it with the Hopscotch, why not the Matador/Party Crasher, etc?

void666

Banned

Thats the gun smith stuff right? I'm sure I read somewhere it starts 9th September so maybe later today?

Arms Day starts at 10 AM PST today

Anyone else preorder the $40 Taken King and not get the Suros bonus items yet?

THANK YOU!

E92 M3

Digital. I don't see it :(

Did you download the Suros pack? It might be separate.

The little light emblem was only sold yesterday? So people with bad internet downloads couldn't get it Lolz. I hope it comes back soon.

Now that you can save them in the kiosks, I'm gonna start collecting all the ships, shaders, and emblems. Hopefully the kiosks have some "invisible stuff" that only shows up when you get it. TTK should have a sparrow.

Luke did say there are some hidden stuff for surprises.

Shito

Yeah, finished downloading the patch at 1am europe time, and Eva's stock was set to refresh a mere 8 hours later. I'm feeling lucky on this one that I decided to wait for the download to finish before going to sleep. :D
Couldn't buy it for my girlfriend, though, as I still have to download the patch on her PS4 while she's on holidays with her parents...

jaaz

Maybe it's just me.... but does anyone feel like the graphics are looking a bit better, crisper than before?

Me. I noticed this in the tower yesterday. Both the UI and the graphics in general look crisper, sharper and more clear to me. At first I thought it was a placebo effect with the new patch, but enough people have mentioned it that I think something did change in the graphics department.

Rubenov

Digital. I don't see it :(

I have the same issue. I haven't tried it but apparently the fix is to go to the store, hit download on TDB/HHOW (it won't download anything), and then wait a few minutes before visiting the post master. Bungie said they're looking into the issue.

Top Bottom