• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

So what's the verdict, hop fire only now for TLW?

I need so see someone who has mastered it in its new state to deliver the verdict

If the damage dropoff is so severe that even the hipfire bonuses dont give it a reasonable time to kill

I mean at least it has a fast fire rate but so far people are emptying the clip for a single kill.

There is one little thing that bothers me about shader\emblem collection screen.
There is no visual distinction between stuff I haven't unlocked yet and stuff that is currently in my inventory. You have to move cursor and read tooltips for that.
This actually spoils the sense of collection for me :(

noomi

I was thinking that before, crisp is a good word for it.

Thought the same thing yesterday - we now share the risk of making complete idiots of ourselves.

Absolutely! I think loading screens seem to have a faster warping animation for the ships as well.

Good, it's not just me then. Could also just be the new maps too, they look sexy as hell!

So what's the verdict, hop fire only now for TLW?

It's basically only a close quarters weapon now, and aiming down the sight is very risky...

Namikaze1

I wanna punch whoever was in charge of creating these subclass quests. Especially for Defenders. The first fucking step takes a long ass while compared to the other subclasses.

E92 M3

I've got the physical copy ordered, do I need to hit up gamestop for a code, or just wait till I get my copy in?

I think Gamestop will have it printed on receipt when you pick it up.

There is one little thing that bothers me about shader\emblem collection screen.
There is no visual distinction between stuff I haven't unlocked yet and stuff that is currently in my inventory. You have to move cursor and read tooltips for that.
This actually spoils the sense of collection for me :(

Yeah, I agree. They need to work on the UI for the collections.

noomi

We're all talking about crucible weapon performance, but I'm pretty curious about the impact on the Gjallarhorn and Shotguns for PvE.

Has anyone had a chance to test the two? Very curious, please tell me :)

EL CUCO

I think TLW will be in competitive play, it just won't work as well with other class as it does with Bladedancer.
Soft ballistics mean you can do full damage at medium distance. It's just not as high as before because of lack of aggressive ballistics but you are better off not using it because of worse recoil and worse damage drop off.
This is where I'm at with it. I would consider it when running a sniper but I think I'd rather use a Thorn or Mida. Heck, maybe even Hard Light or Bad Juju.

phen0m24

I wanna punch whoever was in charge of creating these subclass quests. Especially for Defenders. The first fucking step takes a long ass while compared to the other subclasses.

USE MAGNETIC GRENADES.

Go underneath Cosmodrome.

Throw nade at group of enemies.

5 at a time.
Once I figured that out.

E92 M3

We're all talking about crucible weapon performance, but I'm pretty curious about the impact on the Gjallarhorn and Shotguns for PvE.

Shotguns are nowhere near as good as they were for PVE. Can't really gank ultras anymore like before =/

We were having too much fun before, unfortunately.

Bizazedo

But it wasn't a collectable Dead Ghost?
Maybe it will tie in with the TTK storyline...
Felt bugged. Only found it because one of our guys is crazy and was jumping around like an idiot pressed against the wall. The button prompt came up to retrieve a ghost and we got ghost hellmouth rumoured card.

I have not looked it up yet, but it felt like a bug.

Shotguns are back to being more or less useless in PvE. The risk/reward tips way too far to the risk side. They don't do enough damage anymore to bother on anything other than trash mobs.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned

My Hard Luck Charm doesn't feel much different. Gally I'll try out now.

Rubenov

This is where I'm at with it. I would consider it when running a sniper but I think I'd rather use a Thorn or Mida. Heck, maybe even Hard Light or Bad Juju.

Exactly. Before it was the obvious choice when running a sniper. Now, not so much. More viable options there, depending on the map. That's what I'm trying to get at.

Gordon

Guys if anybody runs Atheon (for whatever reason) try getting marked after he's dead and then going to orbit. It crranked my brightness up to sarcastic levels, even in menu until we loaded a new zone. #vogbugs4life

shermas

Shotguns don't melt as quickly... ran 2 legacy strikes yesterday and you can tell there's a bit of a drop off when using them. They're still fun, but it's no longer insta-death. Some Knights took two or three shots.

Manp

shotguns are like +10% over what they were before the buff, so they're back at being garbage.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I tried one Rift last night, was dominated the entire time by people using TLW and quit to orbit after a few minutes and a score of 50.

nOoblet16

I meant you are better off not using aggressive ballistics.
TLW works as a sniper primary combo with Quickdraw because right now you run a higher chance of running out of ammo due to more bullets being spent on killing.

Basically the gun absolutely needs other factors to be used optimally (factors like quickdraw for quick switch when you run out of ammo, blink for escape so that you reload and things like arcbolt grenade) but with those factors it is pretty good...without them it's not even half as effective.

I am doing very good with TLW and even getting multi kills consistently.

Gordon

Gjally still puts NM Crota down with two rounds, but that's assuming it deploys wolfpacks, which seemed to be a LOT less consistent. Couldn't even 2-man NM because we couldn't manage 4 consecutive downs without a wolfpack fuck-up. Shotguns are fine, but the range is noticeably shorter.

BokehKing

Banned
How often does the crux of Crota drop now? I dismantled my nechro long ago because it was taking up space and all the auto nerfs

I'm going to have to do it all over again

Deku Tree

Someone tell Unstable this week is the time to start streaming Destiny again.. Next week might be too late.

Gothalions stream is exploding, over 35K viewers at one point. Now it's 9AM est and already over 7K viewers... Insanity!

milkham

finally got one. that took a while

O202ff7h.jpg

harrytang

missed the tweet about not getting rep from the patrol quests. did a whole bunch before i noticed nothing was happening. kinda weird and annoying.

Top Bottom