• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

DjRalford

Is the first defender quest bugged?

I've killed a load of enemies with melee and grenades but it's only counting kills within WoD despite saying you can do either.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Is the first defender quest bugged?

I've killed a load of enemies with melee and grenades but it's only counting kills within WoD despite saying you can do either.

I noticed that melee kills have to be with your actual melee ability charged, not melee kills in general.

Edging my factions and vanguard kind of screwed me. I did the new subclass quests last night and some PVP bounties and leveled both. Oh well

ocean

Banned
You used to be able to hold

10x 5K bounties = 50k exp

Now you can hold

16x 3K bounties = 48k exp

Lolz... Those extra bounty slots!
They're a lot easier and faster now though. Doing every bounty in a day was a crazy grind only a few people would even consider. Now it seems doable. I think I'll probably end up gaining more bounty XP/rep than before just because of how much simpler they are.

Combined with the fact that now you gain Vanguard/Crucible + Faction at once, the new system is a net gain for players.

Tovarisc

Now you can hold

Just like with burns player damage is 2x and enemy is 3x, BUT there is burn resist gear now! Want to bet that stacking said gear makes enemy damage 2x?

noomi

Thanks for all the replies about the shotguns and gjally guys, pretty much what I thought.

I hope they buff shotguns a bit more right when TTK releases. As far the gjally, yeah... seems about right.

E92 M3

Now you can hold

Bungie is funny like that :p

--

Did you guys notice how Bungie were against Destiny feeling like a job, but now with quests for all 3 characters it kinda does? Feel overwhelmed already.

eFKac

Ohh man the legacy strike list is awesome (apart from being 20 lvl) cause it plays all of the Strikes.

Just played The Undying Mind strike and I don't have TDB, great strike as well.

Lnkn52

Bungie is funny like that :p

--

Did you guys notice how Bungie were against Destiny feeling like a job, but now with quests for all 3 characters it kinda does? Feel overwhelmed already.

I was exhausted by the end of the night. Not even getting payed to beta test 2.0

Shito

So, now that shotguns are more or less back to where they first were in PVE, shoud we be going back to fusion rifles now that they were buffed by 15%?
I know we all dismantled our fusion rifles with the shotgun buff, but did anybody test them in PVE now? :D

Yes i know that. But i want to know if i can download it now so that its ready on the 15th. Don't want to download 40gb in one day.
Is it only a download code in the case, or is there a disc?
If there's a disc I suppose you won't have much to download, and should be able to download it right away.
If it's only a code, I really don't know, it all depends whether or not that code is on Sony's / Microsoft's servers yet or not (for example, the day one codes for the MGO content error out because the packs are not yet on the PSN store).
I *think* you should be able to download and play it right away, but I'm really not 100% certain.

Kind of funny how my old max tier int and dis gear is only tier 2 now and it takes like 4 mins for my super. Feels weird man

I think everything feels a little weird right now but that's mostly because we are all using year 1 stuff still.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Just played with someone in a strike who was such a knob. Constantly and hitting me and when I died t-bag'd me.

void666

Banned
Quick thoughts

The shaders that come with the legendary edition bonuses look pretty good. And they fit perfectly with the exotic class items.
The emote can be stored in the vault. Nice.

Tried a quick rift match and got destroyed by the other team. But i was being killed by a greater variety of weapons. Not only thorn. I don't mind thorn being op as long as other weapons are viable to counter it. I have to play more pvp.

So, now that shotguns are more or less back to where they first were in PVE, shoud we be going back to fusion rifles now that they were buffed by 15%?
I know we all dismantled our fusion rifles with the shotgun buff, but did anybody test them in PVE now? :D

Are shotguns really THAT bad in PvE now?

:( They shouldnt have made them practically useless... thats a shame

Has anyone tested Lord of Wolves? If that gun is useless now I am gonna cry.... Literally my favorite gun

noomi

So these new class quests.... each class gets one?

- Titan gets Defender quest chain
- Hunter gets Blade Dancer quest chain
- Warlock gets Sunsinger quest chain

None for gunslinger, striker, or voidwalker?

So, after FIF
TEEN
HOURS
of downloading I've got some really just preliminary overall thoughts, and they're all, well, just WONDERFUL.

It's so strange but all this influx of SO much more stuff to do has actually made me feel calmer about the game and going at my own pace. Since there are now so many ways to get to where I need to, I don't feel that urge to rush through everything just to keep up. I can do the kinds of bounties I want, focus on the activities I want, have a unique plan for every time I sit down to play. Because NOTHING IS POINTLESS ANYMORE!

It's a goddamned miracle.

Also, the helmetlessness on the charac screen is a tiny but HUGELY immersing addition. I have so much more of a connection to my character now, it's unreal.

Ao0Dm7A.jpg

I had no idea I'VE BEEN PLAYING A PETER CHUNG CHARACTER THIS WHOLE TIME

tell me DGAF, how amazing is she??????

XAL

I got quest chain for what i had equipped when I spoke to the Vanguard.

Defender, Gunslinger, Voidwalker for me.

They're probably only letting us do one for each during this week.

Namikaze1

Each subclass gets one. Completed my Gunslinger one and started the Bladedancer one. Just need to do a strike with a team and kill 3 major enemies with Arc Blade + 15 regulars with regular shit to complete the quest.

void666

Banned

Yes there are. Switch subclass and wait for quest pop up. It may take a while.

Edit: I'm not sure but you may have to go back to orbit.

E92 M3

Are shotguns really THAT bad in PvE now?

:( They shouldnt have made them practically useless... thats a shame

Has anyone tested Lord of Wolves? If that gun is useless now I am gonna cry.... Literally my favorite gun

Yeah, shotguns are about 10% better than what they were when Destiny launched. Bungie, like usual, nerfed them way too much.

Every subclass has a quest. Do you have some missing?

Lnkn52

When you mean quest chain, it's those that you have to kill with your abilities (8 steps)? If so, you just need to change class.

Daemul

You need to switch to them to get their quests.

noomi

Each subclass gets one. Completed my Gunslinger one and started the Bladedancer one. Just need to do a strike with a team and kill 3 major enemies with Arc Blade + 15 regulars with regular shit to complete the quest.

Yes there are. Switch subclass and wait for quest pop up. It may take a while.

Every subclass has a quest. Do you have some missing?

When you mean quest chain, it's those that you have to kill with your abilities (8 steps)? If so, you just need to change class.

You need to switch to them to get their quests.

Ahh ok, gotcha. Did not realize I had to have the subclass equipped for the new quest to pop. Thanks guys :)

Homeboyd

All of them have a quest chain. I'm doing both on my titan right now. The quests are awful though.. seems like the titan ones are especially bad.

nOoblet16

Yeah, shotguns are about 10% better than what they were when Destiny launched. Bungie, like usual, nerfed them way too much.

It's such a stupid decision.
They should have atleast thought about why they buffed it to 200% before HoW in the first place....BECAUSE IT DIDN'T WORK BEFORE !!!

Now it's about 50% or so better than what it was before the 200% nerf...menaing it's back to being practically useless.

Top Bottom