• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

noomi

I'm curious about the Dead Orbit quest reward, only one of my characters got it.

Going to probably take me a day or two to get through it, it's pretty involved...

So you mean he doesn't yell it anymore?

I need to hear it!

That CELL, FROM THE PRISON OF ELDERS was too strong, had to be nerfed.

It was actually a higher priority than Thorn. That's how strong it was. Those cells, man. They don't make em like they used to.

No, that's definately a buff.

I didn't save the clip but we were all hyped and he just said it like it was the most normal thing on earth. Or Venus in this case. First Hawkmoon now that line T_T

I'm curious about the Dead Orbit quest reward, only one of my characters got it.

Going to probably take me a day or two to get through it, it's pretty involved...

HNNNN CAN'T WAIT

to get
to like level 50whatever :D

im kind of amazed how fast i'm getting faction rep after just an hour or so of playing

god this game is so much better

So has anyone completed the class quest lines yet? Any good rewards?
Level 40 class items. There's one for each subclass.

zWsOxRp.jpg

The quests can be annoying though.

So does anyone else agree that the game feels so much calmer and less grindy now? That nothing is pointless anymore and you can just do whatever you want and still get a ton of great progress?

Just me?

Damnit I am still downloading this thing. Firstly it didn't start downloading despite ps4 being set up to do it fron standby and has done so previously. So I launched it at 11pm BST and left it overnight. Woke up this morning to download failed at 5gb. So relaunched it. Multiple ISP issues later I am sat at 11gb with a predicted 9 hour wait.

The subclasses quest line are a lot easier to do if you're starting a new character. Helps doing it along with missions.

Or at least I noticed that with defender.

Man, these subclass quests are a real chore...

Warlock was easy for both. Anytime I needed to kill X or Generate X orbs I went to "We've Awoken the Hive" missions (Nolanbot is bad, it's just Guilty Spark 343)

Then when I needed to make a bunch of orbs for voidwalker I went to Undying mind strike. I made about 8 orbs 5 different times no sweat. I will do the Hunter ones tonight.

Anastasis

Are we all under the assumption that we will be able to get to rank 2 with Banshee this week so we can order guns for next week's Armsday?

E92 M3

Warlock was easy for both. Anytime I needed to kill X or Generate X orbs I went to "We've Awoken the Hive" missions (Nolanbot is bad, it's just Guilty Spark 343)

Then when I needed to make a bunch of orbs for voidwalker I went to Undying mind strike. I made about 8 orbs 5 different times no sweat. I will do the Hunter ones tonight.

How do you do this stuff without other players interfering (undying mind)? I guess it's best done in a fireteam.

--

Might be saving those subclass quests for later; they are too much work and the reward isn't anything special. I just hate how we can't wear the class items for looks. Now everything has defense so most people will be wearing the same thing. Hopefully TTK has a bunch of them.

Sane_Man

I return from two months travelling on Friday. I have missed Destiny..

I have terribly slow internet so I would like to get someone to update Destiny for me before I get back. Do I just need to get them to turn on my PS4 so the update starts automatically and then put it into standby? Or is there more to it than that?

Klyka

Banned
How do you do this stuff without other players interfering (undying mind)? I guess it's best done in a fireteam.

--

Might be saving those subclass quests for later; they are too much work and the reward isn't anything special. I just hate how we can't wear the class items for looks. Now everything has defense so most people will be wearing the same thing. Hopefully TTK has a bunch of them.

remember that TTK class items can be infused. so basically they are removing the looks of year 1 class items but year 2 items you can keep leveling up via infuse to keep your look alive.
And we might see year 1 designs in year 2 items.

I return from two months travelling on Friday. I have missed Destiny..

I have terribly slow internet so I would like to get someone to update Destiny for me before I get back. Do I just need to get them to turn on my PS4 so the update starts automatically and then put it into standby? Or is there more to it than that?

That should do it, just make sure they check that it's downloading.

KxoZz

It's not that it's not easy. It's definitley easy. That's what makes it such a chore.

Done them ob my Lock, gonna finish them on my Hunter. Can't be bothered to do it with my Titan right now...

X-Frame

I don't know about Tower Ghost but both Destiny Item Manager and Destiny Status were updated yesterday

You can at least use DIM to move stuff around if I prefer TG until that updates.

So has anyone completed the class quest lines yet? Any good rewards?

I think you get subclass specific class items from completing the quest lines.

I've been thinking...I may just hold off on doing the class quests until TTK hits. The extra EXP could come in handy to get to 40. Right now its just going to nothing.

--

Two majors + Light Beyond Nemeis + Bad Juju + the Stairs worked for me. But yes, sounds like having a fireteam would help with this as not everyone is trying to make sure they get their super kills done. I am going to have buddies help me with the Hunter ones.

I think you get subclass specific class items from completing the quest lines.

I've been thinking...I may just hold off on doing the class quests until TTK hits. The extra EXP could come in handy to get to 40. Right now its just going to nothing.

I think this is a good idea - just do them as you level to 40. Can't even wear the item until then anyway.

Top Bottom