• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

P44

So let me get this straight.

Hard Light is now very high fire rate and laser accurate projectile weapon with multi-bounce projectiles and zero damage drop off at any range? Who thought that is good idea after hand cannons counter sniping everything at any range?

Yeah but with lower impact and a fair bit of projectile spread at range (you won't hit every shot) it's nowhere near HC sniping at any range - especially not thorn etc. The exposure time just to counter snipe is mad, a half competent scout rifle user or sniper would have you dead most likely.

Have you used it yet? Its viable. Pretty good even - but its hardly godlike.

The only thing in PvP worth saying with certainty right now is that the year 1 hawkmoon is completely fucking dead lol

and on certain maps, you've really, really got to take into account your weapon selection now. i wouldn't even say that the hopscotch is dead tbh

Ha. I actually think the Hawkmoon made it through relatively unscathed. Was using it in PvP last night and was handling business pretty well.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Besides the class sub quests
I mean... the class sub quests clearly give substantial chunks of HP... which is, unless I'm missing something, completely and tragically going to waste if completed now

By my count doing 'em this week is displaying a bit of a willpower problem :X
I realize you're talking about current players at this moment in time, but your post made me realize that, after rolling a new Warlock through level 10 yesterday, the most outward facing changes yesterday are aimed at new players. The combination of all the new quests (I had six on tap by level 6) and bounties mean that we have a constant stream of stuff to work on, no matter what you're doing. Working through a few quests in tandem while I leveled up was the strongest feeling of forward progress the game has provided to date.

I feel like with 2.0 they are realizing the original vision for the game, of letting you play it in a wide variety of ways and still progress. And it's really nice to have the light system leveling alongside the character level; the two metrics make sense, and will avoid that weird feeling of hitting the level cap and not knowing what to do. We'll know when we hit it that the loot chase is on, rather than there being that old hard pivot.
Absolutely. I should've been more explicit that I meant it's hard for me to tell anything about progression, because all of my characters are at 34 and fairly well-geared. The game has me at a ceiling, even though the escalator leading up to it is totally different.

I realize you're talking about current players at this moment in time, but your post made me realize that, after rolling a new Warlock through level 10 yesterday, the most outward facing changes yesterday are aimed at new players. The combination of all the new quests (I had six on tap by level 6) and bounties mean that we have a constant stream of stuff to work on, no matter what you're doing. Working through a few quests in tandem while I leveled up was the strongest feeling of forward progress the game has provided to date.

I feel like with 2.0 they are realizing the original vision for the game, of letting you play it in a wide variety of ways and still progress.

Since you started a new class recently would you recommend starting a new character now or wait for TTK and the level 25 boost? I was going to wait, but now I want to experience the early game again with all these changes.

ocean

Banned
Since thry all require a strike, you better have a fireteam. Because randoms suck
I loaded the Weekly Heroic on my Hunter did both subclasses in one go. Finished the Gunslinger part in the first room. In the second room (big open area) changed to Bladedancer and finished it there. There's a ton of majors. Killing 15 enemies and 3 Majors with a super is trivially easy on this Heroic, and doing it twice (once per subclass) on the very same run just changing subclass midway was totally doable with Randoms.

HMD

I feel like with 2.0 they are realizing the original vision for the game, of letting you play it in a wide variety of ways and still progress.

Damn, I wish we had a 4th character slot. Did you get any low level TTK gear?

Dishy

Unconfirmed Member
Yup.
I'm from France, pre-ordered the regular TTK extension (the one at 40€, when you already have everything) on the PSN, and I got my Suros emblem and shader.

Okay that's cool! At least some people got it!

Weird, must be a bug on their end :/

I feel like with 2.0 they are realizing the original vision for the game, of letting you play it in a wide variety of ways and still progress
. And it's really nice to have the light system leveling alongside the character level; the two metrics make sense, and will avoid that weird feeling of hitting the level cap and not knowing what to do. We'll know when we hit it that the loot chase is on, rather than there being that old hard pivot.

YES.

This is so what I'm saying, thank you.

This is such a gigantic sea change, such a huge improvement to a game I was already in love with but can now play exactly the way I want to.

It's miraculous, frankly.

I feel like with 2.0 they are realizing the original vision for the game, of letting you play it in a wide variety of ways and still progress. And it's really nice to have the light system leveling alongside the character level; the two metrics make sense, and will avoid that weird feeling of hitting the level cap and not knowing what to do. We'll know when we hit it that the loot chase is on, rather than there being that old hard pivot.
If people can stomach deleting a character. I highly recommend it. The changes they've done for new players is amazing. The game feels totally different then what we played last year.

The amount of quests you get now and how they're stream lined is 150% better then last year.

Is there a reason to do the class quests now? Is it to get a head start on when TTK releases?

I would think during these quests if you wait until TTK, you'll get new TTK drops along the way...

Sullichin

I got like five exotic weapons when I logged in last night, from exotic weapon bounties I abandoned a while ago (I abandoned them because I already had them).

Are exotic shards worth anything now?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Ha. I actually think the Hawkmoon made it through relatively unscathed. Was using it in PvP last night and was handling business pretty well.

I wouldn't take a Hawkmoon anywhere near a TLW or Thorn now. It gets outclassed by damn near everything at range. Using it is entirely a gamble now. There used to be a time when you'd rethink a 1 v 1 straight up against a guy with Hawkmoon at any distance. Now? Psh.

Run up. The biggest strengths the weapon had are gone. Its an average handcannon now.

Makikou

Started a warlock character from zero.

Really enjoy the quest system, i was playing with a finnish friend, above lv4 we had a Patrol quest, class-specific quest objectives and bounties going on. Very strong sense of progression there, the game also seemed give us a reward every time we finished a story mission on earth for the first time. Like weapons/gear so that it would not drop us out of the gear progression cycle.

I think they really should have re-done all dialogue of Destiny vanilla missions, also i couldn't find any of those "scan this for ghost to give you lore" things. Is that TTK content only?

Is there a reason to do the class quests now? Is it to get a head start on when TTK releases?

I would think during these quests if you wait until TTK, you'll get new TTK drops along the way...

Probably better to hold off as the reward is an item you can't wear and you'd be missing out on XP. That being said, I've started doing them...

I did the sunsinger one already and will be holding off the rest. Why would they even let us do them if it rewards no XP right now.

Damn.

I mean... the class sub quests clearly give substantial chunks of HP... which is, unless I'm missing something, completely and tragically going to waste if completed now

By my count doing 'em this week is displaying a bit of a willpower problem :X

I didn't know they gave rep and XP... I DIDNT KNOW!!!

I mean, I know I have a willpower problem, I just didn't know it was being activated last night until it was too late and I inadvertently rolled over my Vanguard.

If people can stomach deleting a character. I highly recommend it. The changes they've done for new players is amazing. The game feels totally different then what we played last year.

The amount of quests you get now and how they're stream lined is 150% better then last year.

I'm VERY excited to start fresh on my new PS4, especially considering how much I already love playing my maxed out XBO Master Class.

Shito

And XP as well.
Since the reward for them are level 40 class items we can't wear now anyways, I don't see any reason to work on them until Tuesday... ^^

k1t4j

1. Gunsmith is not showing his armsday supply at this time. Expect it to be available some time around 10PM PST, as most bungie events.

2. 34 is max level for Patch 2.0. You should save all your bounties still, unless you feel the new bounties are fine with 3000xp instead of 5000xp.

3. Still figuring everything out. Will need time to have a clearer answer. Most features point to positive for now though.

Thanks man! appreciated

HMD

Probably better to hold off as the reward is an item you can't wear and you'd be missing out on XP. That being said, I've started doing them...

You better get a headstart now to help with the King's Fall 3 day grind. Also pre-order TTK for legendary Suros gear, might be useful.

I did the sunsinger one already and will be holding off the rest. Why would they even let us do them if it rewards no XP right now.

Damn.

And XP as well.
Since the reward for them are level 40 class items we can't wear now anyways, I don't see any reason to work on them until Tuesday... ^^

That's what I figured. I didn't start any yesterday just because it didn't seem right to. It's all a tease!

Can't wait to dive into TTK even moreso.

Dave_6

I'm liking this patch so far, feel like I have more than enough to do right now. Haven't even completed but one Quest so far with my Gunslinger. Best of all, got the Fruminous Cloak from Cayde-6 as a gift! :p

Only played one match of Rift; we got wrecked lol. I was getting destroyed by the Mida (and a Felwinters :/)

ocean

Banned
this meta is nothing until 2.0 exotics come out to play.

Shotguns still snipe though... Blink is still as annoying.
Foundry weapons, new exotics, new perks, those new armor pieces with ridiculous buffs, new subclasses, actually learning the flow of new maps.

We're just improvising right now.

ViciousDS

Banned

not to mention how they actually integrated the DLC quests into the random story quests we got in 1.0 are now fantastic.

Everyone remembers just getting thrown to the moon, grabbing the sword of crota slashing the 3 kings and killing them the first time only to immediately be sent to mars/venus.

NOT ANYMORE! It now immediately expands into the dark below after that if you so desire and actually expands in a relative narrative order. While 1.0 story basically is just an introduction to the problems while the DLC now expands on them via quest integration. Don't forget that the quest text has been thoroughly thought through and expands on every 1.0 story quest as well giving more detail then before. It's like they finally integrated the important parts of the grimoire that you naturally had to go onto the website to look up back story into the quests themselves to just integrate it into the game. I got to level 14 yesterday but holy shit if this is the time for anyone to jump in for a first time or level an alternative character it is fucking NOW. It has been an amazing experience thus far and it's even better being top 2 in PvP when your a level 10 vs the 34's XD.....I have white weapons breh come on!

But yes, there is a reason that the update pertains to new players and thats to garner hype to the actual launch for all the post players next week. All in all......Destiny 2.0 has been nothing short of spectacular and I look forward to getting home and journeying even more. I'm happy I deleted my worthless 25 hunter, I would actually be missing out on the beautiful quest integration.

Oh yes, did I mention a lot of the quests give fantastic gear, weapons and ghosts along the way :)

Skele7on

Banned
Foundry weapons, new exotics, new perks, those new armor pieces with ridiculous buffs, new subclasses, actually learning the flow of new maps.

We're just improvising right now.

all I know is the Hard Light fireworks are real and amazing.

Mida is long range bae.

Hawkmoon screams at mid range.

NLB is love/truth/god/everything to me.

Mupod

I'm still ass deep in MGS5 so no time to explain why I don't have time to explain. How are Messenger and Plan C in crucible now?

I actually JUST managed to finally get a husk of the pit the night before MGS5 so I can probably get Necrochasm this weekend. And I already have Bad Juju. Curious about Monte Carlo too because it sounds OP combined with the ranged melee attacks of Storm...uh, whatever the new Warlock subclass is called. Stormguy. Zaplock.

noomi

So here is what I've gathered, for PvP....This is just my opinion at the moment.

The Good:
- Bad Juju
- Red Death
- Thorn
- High Impact Shotguns
- Snipers (un-chaged)
- Rocket Launchers (slight nerf to nades & horseshoes)

The Decent:
- The Messenger
- Monte Carlo
- Suros
- Hard Light
- Scout Rifles
- Fusion Rifles
- High Impact Heavy Machine Guns
- No Land Beyond

The Bad:
- Hawkmoon
- The Last Word (I still kind of like it, very situational though)
- Arc Bolt Nade RIP

DY_nasty

I hated Drifter until I loved Drifter.

And on certain maps... Hard Light turns chokepoints into fucking blenders. Damn

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Everyone remembers just getting thrown to the moon, grabbing the sword of crota slashing the 3 kings and killing them the first time only to immediately be sent to mars/venus.

NOT ANYMORE! It now immediately expands into the dark below after that if you so desire and actually expands in a relative narrative order.
Ahh. That's so cool. Bravo, Bungie.

DY_nasty

More than anything, weapon ranges mean that there's no one size fits all (or most) for every map right now. That's a pretty big improvement by itself.

Arc Bolt grenades did get nerfed into the dirt though. They're barely threatening lol

oh - and sidearms will legit fuck people up now. its not a joke. they put you down quick

Top Bottom