• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

It's not that it's not easy. It's definitley easy. That's what makes it such a chore.

Done them ob my Lock, gonna finish them on my Hunter. Can't be bothered to do it with my Titan right now...

I get what you're saying :)

I wish we could just turn in the quests from Orbit...having to go back to the tower is what made it a chore for me :/

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Gjallarhorn still works wonders in PVE. Just did POE 28 on the Cabal boss and 7 rocket shots took his health down pretty quickly.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Holy shit bad juju is fucking amazing.

Yeah, people are just starting to catch on lol...

the range isn't quite there for larger maps, but for everything else it combines all the strengths of ARs and PRs together with two awesome perks on top

Defyler

hes like level 53 rep w them
lmao

aaa i wish it was me

I got the DO quest on all three of my toons. All three characters are 30 or higher in DO. I've seen several posts (reddit) referencing having to be 25 or up in a faction for the quest to pop. Would be curious what other people's experience has been with the faction quest.

10 Heroic strikes per faction quest though.... bleh.

E92 M3

My plan is to get all three toons to 40 and then just work on my main like I did in Vanilla. Once I am "bored" of playing him then I'll start jumping into my other characters again.

I might do something similar as well.

remember that TTK class items can be infused. so basically they are removing the looks of year 1 class items but year 2 items you can keep leveling up via infuse to keep your look alive.
And we might see year 1 designs in year 2 items.

I hope so because I really like the ragged/bloody look of the year 1 items.

Two majors + Light Beyond Nemeis + Bad Juju + the Stairs worked for me. But yes, sounds like having a fireteam would help with this as not everyone is trying to make sure they get their super kills done. I am going to have buddies help me with the Hunter ones.

Where in the strikes are these stairs? I'm on Xbox so don't have the experience yet.

Tovarisc

So let me get this straight.

Hard Light is now very high fire rate and laser accurate projectile weapon with multi-bounce projectiles and zero damage drop off at any range? Who thought that is good idea after hand cannons counter sniping everything at any range?

Deku Tree

15NAhxq.jpg

DY_nasty

Is Bad Juju actually good now? I've been enjoying Red Death.

Edit: For PvP*...

Red Death is still a very good weapon, Bad Juju just cranks out damage in a way that the slower RoF PRs can't.

The game 'feels' faster right now too. Now that you spend more time in the air, you need something that can survive a few hipfire bursts and still have the mag size to let you go on too.

I'm loving BJJ

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Glad to see Bad Juju is better. Nabbed it last week when bored. Probably start using it as a replacement to my Vision of Confluence.

Where in the strikes are these stairs? I'm on Xbox so don't have the experience yet.

It's a very obvious part of the the strike. You are basically doing the Black Garden in reverse. At some point you are going up a long set of stairs and there's majors everywhere. The section was built for people to fire off supers and chain them together.

Dishy

Unconfirmed Member
Did anyone from Europe who preordered the Taken King Collector's Edition digitally on PSN / XBL get their pre-order and CE stuff? I see people running around with their new dances and the Suros shader and I didn't get anything -.-

GutZ31

TIL crota heroic drops a ship.

I done the bastard a fair share in my time and never fucking saw it.

Don't feel too bad. I have a friend that still doesn't have the sparrow from Crota, and he has played it plenty of times.
As for myself, I have probably gotten the heroic ship from Crota a total of 11~15 times.

Here is perspective of how insane those numbers really are.

Hunter
J62mnVu.png

Titan
rHF9zbj.png

Warlock
kS1KoB1.png

maomaoIYP

Red Death is still a very good weapon, Bad Juju just cranks out damage in a way that the slower RoF PRs can't.

The game 'feels' faster right now too. Now that you spend more time in the air, you need something that can survive a few hipfire bursts and still have the mag size to let you go on too.

I'm loving BJJ

Not to mention BJJ gives bonus super meter.

I also noticed that crucible bounties award strange coins, while vanguard bounties award motes now.

E92 M3

It's a very obvious part of the the strike. You are basically doing the Black Garden in reverse. At some point you are going up a long set of stairs and there's majors everywhere. The section was built for people to fire off supers and chain them together.

Thanks, makes sense.

Ambitious

Got my replacement DS4 yesterday. I mean, the replacement for the replacement, as the first one had a loose R2 trigger.
There's something wrong with the vibration motor. It's way to weak. Jesus fucking Christ. What a shitty piece of hardware.

k1t4j

Holy shit bad juju is fucking amazing.

you don't say? need to try it

I just quite "dropped" here from MGSV I have some questions if you guys could help me out with:

- The gunsmith is not giving me any quest, is this happening for anyone else?

- Can we level up already beyond 34? or should I do bounties and save the 5k ones for next week when TTK drops?

- Do you guys love how different yet familiar Destiny is. Year 2 but I still go wake the Hive to finish bounties (class specific ones :p )

purg3

slept with Malkin
My plan is to get all three toons to 40 and then just work on my main like I did in Vanilla. Once I am "bored" of playing him then I'll start jumping into my other characters again.

Pretty much what I plan on doing. I don't have as much free time as I did when Vanilla/CE was out.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So does anyone else agree that the game feels so much calmer and less grindy now? That nothing is pointless anymore and you can just do whatever you want and still get a ton of great progress?

Just me?
Gotta love this optimism!

But the truth is, while it feels to me from my first few hours with the new patch that it's very well thought-out and approve of 95% of the changes (scale the PvE shotgun nerf back to the halfway point between then and now and we can make it 99%), it's also really reallllllly hard to tell anything about actual progression. This is a super awkward week in which lots of stuff that is in place already has no actual or only surface-level functionality. Suddenly being locked out of a run-of-the-mill "Hard" version of story missions we were first able to complete at that difficulty 20 levels ago is a great example. Then of course there's the inability to gain XP if you're at level 34, the absence of legendary marks alongside the nodes and purchases requiring them, gear that requires levels that cannot yet be reached regardless of playtime, weird semi-nerfs-semi-buffs across the board in Year 1 content because of the altered scaling, and the literal absence of any reward from Patrol missions at all despite the fact that Vanguard reputation isn't capped like XP.

So it's sort of hard for me to tell if what you say is correct or not yet. Ask me again when I'm level 40. XD It's just a super weird time to be ingame, despite it being an obviously refined game to be in.

It's the calm before the storm. That said, it was a very good idea to release the patch in this manner a week before the content drop and I'm not sure if I've seen this discussed. Any gamebreaking or progress-blocking bugs that might well have gone undetected in development but pop up in live code will have a chance to be hotfixed by the day of the actual launch- increasing the likelihood for all players (including tons of brand new ones) to have a smooth experience.

Shito

Did anyone from Europe who preordered the Taken King Collector's Edition digitally on PSN / XBL get their pre-order and CE stuff? I see people running around with their new dances and the Suros shader and I didn't get anything -.-
Yup.
I'm from France, pre-ordered the regular TTK extension (the one at 40€, when you already have everything) on the PSN, and I got my Suros emblem and shader.

DY_nasty

So let me get this straight.

Hard Light is now very high fire rate and laser accurate projectile weapon with multi-bounce projectiles and zero damage drop off at any range? Who thought that is good idea after hand cannons counter sniping everything at any range?

Have you used it yet? Its viable. Pretty good even - but its hardly godlike.

The only thing in PvP worth saying with certainty right now is that the year 1 hawkmoon is completely fucking dead lol

and on certain maps, you've really, really got to take into account your weapon selection now. i wouldn't even say that the hopscotch is dead tbh

But the truth is, while it feels to me from my first few hours with the new patch that it's very well-thought out and approve of 95% of the changes (scale the PvE shotgun nerf back to the halfway point between then and now and we can make it 99%), it's also really reallllllly hard to tell anything about actual progression. This is a super awkward week in which lots of stuff that is in place already has no actual or only surface-level functionality. Suddenly being locked out of a run-of-the-mill "Hard" version of story missions we were first able to complete at that difficulty level 20 levels ago is a great example. Then of course there's the inability to gain XP if you're at level 34, the absence of legendary marks alongside the nodes and purchases requiring them, gear that requires levels that cannot yet be reached regardless of playtime, weird semi-nerfs-semi-buffs across the board in Year 1 content because of the altered scaling, and the literal absence of any reward from Patrol missions at all despite the fact that Vanguard reputation isn't capped like XP.

So it's sort of hard for me to tell if what you say is correct or not yet. Ask me again when I'm level 40. XD It's just a super weird time to be ingame, despite it being an obviously refined game to be in.

It's the calm before the storm. That said, it was a very good idea to release the patch in this manner a week before the content drop and I'm not sure if I've seen this discussed. Any gamebreaking or progress-blocking bugs that might well have gone undetected in development but pop up in live code will have a chance to be hotfixed by the day of the actual launch- increasing the likelihood for all players (including tons of brand new ones) to have a smooth experience.

You put it perfectly! Being max level right now is super always this week. Besides the class sub quests and PVP there isn't much to do at all. It's kind of strange. Also the scaling of light levels and stuff feels odd right now with all year one stuff.

GutZ31

you don't say? need to try it

I just quite "dropped" here from MGSV I have some questions if you guys could help me out with:

- The gunsmith is not giving me any quest, is this happening for anyone else?

- Can we level up already beyond 34? or should I do bounties and save the 5k ones for next week when TTK drops?

- Do you guys love how different yet familiar Destiny is. Year 2 but I still go wake the Hive to finish bounties (class specific ones :p )

1. Gunsmith is not showing his armsday supply at this time. Expect it to be available some time around 10PM PST, as most bungie events.

2. 34 is max level for Patch 2.0. You should save all your bounties still, unless you feel the new bounties are fine with 3000xp instead of 5000xp.

3. Still figuring everything out. Will need time to have a clearer answer. Most features point to positive for now though.

purg3

slept with Malkin
I'm jealous reading all of these impressions, my internet shit itself yesterday and comcast won't be out until tomorrow morning.

Has anyone had a chance to try out Thunderlord after the buff? It was already ridiculous to begin with.

HMD

Guys, redditors are confirming that faction quests are only handed to you after you hit rank 25 with that faction

But the truth is, while it feels to me from my first few hours with the new patch that it's very well thought-out and approve of 95% of the changes (scale the PvE shotgun nerf back to the halfway point between then and now and we can make it 99%), it's also really reallllllly hard to tell anything about actual progression. This is a super awkward week in which lots of stuff that is in place already has no actual or only surface-level functionality. Suddenly being locked out of a run-of-the-mill "Hard" version of story missions we were first able to complete at that difficulty 20 levels ago is a great example. Then of course there's the inability to gain XP if you're at level 34, the absence of legendary marks alongside the nodes and purchases requiring them, gear that requires levels that cannot yet be reached regardless of playtime, weird semi-nerfs-semi-buffs across the board in Year 1 content because of the altered scaling, and the literal absence of any reward from Patrol missions at all despite the fact that Vanguard reputation isn't capped like XP.

I dont know man I got like 400 faction rep in a half hour
I personally cant really see the point in not being a 100% on board with this new game space, weird middle period or not, after that happening in literally the first thirty minutes

guys warning, do not submit your bounties if you repped them to a near sliver

I learned the hard way last night that I get old shitty packages for leveling up Vanguard, Crucible and FWC

it ticked me off

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Bad Juju feels nuts.

Ice-Breaker apparently keeps ammo stocked after death so no waiting for the clip to refill if you had some stored before dying.

Skele7on

Banned
Last night was great, clan ran into Broman and Gothalion, some good games there!

Also managed a perfect runner medal, SPAWN KILLING WITH NLB IS AMAAAAZING.

GhaleonEB

But the truth is, while it feels to me from my first few hours with the new patch that it's very well-thought out and approve of 95% of the changes (scale the PvE shotgun nerf back to the halfway point between then and now and we can make it 99%), it's also really reallllllly hard to tell anything about actual progression. This is a super awkward week in which lots of stuff that is in place already has no actual or only surface-level functionality. Suddenly being locked out of a run-of-the-mill "Hard" version of story missions we were first able to complete at that difficulty level 20 levels ago is a great example. Then of course there's the inability to gain XP if you're at level 34, the absence of legendary marks alongside the nodes and purchases requiring them, gear that requires levels that cannot yet be reached regardless of playtime, weird semi-nerfs-semi-buffs across the board in Year 1 content because of the altered scaling, and the literal absence of any reward from Patrol missions at all despite the fact that Vanguard reputation isn't capped like XP.

I realize you're talking about current players at this moment in time, but your post made me realize that, after rolling a new Warlock through level 10 yesterday, the most outward facing changes yesterday are aimed at new players. The combination of all the new quests (I had six on tap by level 6) and bounties mean that we have a constant stream of stuff to work on, no matter what you're doing. Working through a few quests in tandem while I leveled up was the strongest feeling of forward progress the game has provided to date.

I feel like with 2.0 they are realizing the original vision for the game, of letting you play it in a wide variety of ways and still progress. And it's really nice to have the light system leveling alongside the character level; the two metrics make sense, and will avoid that weird feeling of hitting the level cap and not knowing what to do. We'll know when we hit it that the loot chase is on, rather than there being that old hard pivot.

Top Bottom