• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

havnt really noticed the shot gun nerf that much, one extra shot it seems. The HC nerf was crazy noticeable. gross. . I tried out Suros and it still doesnt seem very good. but other auto rifles seem good. I havnt used a pulse rifle yet. hopefully they didnt kill it. I tried vision and I HATE that they dropped the mag down so much. cant wait till we get new guns. having to acclimate myself to a new style of play is a bit of a struggle. Ill get there though.

Afrocious

I only received the blade dancers quest no gunslinger quest, anyone else having the same problem?

You gotta switch classes and talk to the NPC to get the quest.

Dude you need an app. Loadouts changed the game, for real. Having a "Crucible" or "Void Burn" loadout and just sending it to whatever character you want without nasty trips to the Tower = sogood.

As for state of PvP? Wait and see. We haven't gotten the new subclasses or Exotics or weapon perks and don't fully know the map flows yet so it's currently a clusterfuck of improvisation and "oh let me try this out now!"

Man, I can make loadouts?! WTF

I just learned about Tower Ghost for Destiny yesterday and moved a single gun into my vault.

It's like I woke up from a coma for 30 years and now we have internet and netflix.

I wish people would stop saying this. Shotguns are still roughly 50% stronger than what they used to be before they got buffed in the first place - when they actually were useless

as in it was the least used special weapon class in the game before it got attention....

they're in a nice middle ground now where you can't pop a bubble underneath omnigul and comfortable give her a 4th horseman ride straight to hell lol

No they arent, ocean made the math and they are 10% better than before the buff.

They are basically back to where they were.

I've said it before, but for Shotguns, Bungie really should have gone anywhere between a 25% nerf to 37.5% nerf, which would make the previous 100% buff go down to between 25% to 50% buff. I think that's a reasonable range. 100% was too much, most of us can agree. But all the way down to a 10% buff? That's literally 10 steps forward, 9 steps back.

33% buff total from original base, 33.5% current nerf would probably have been the sweet spot.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I haven't really noticed the buff to incendiary grenades yet... maybe i'm just interpreting the patch notes wrong though
It sucks they nerfed shotguns in PVE for no good reason and are being defended for it.

There's no good reason why they did it and I bet they will be unnerfing it again. It really does make me shake my head.
gave you a perfect example of why, you shouldn't be able to just run up on a boss and melt him lol

but okay

Agreed. What little we played on Earth Patrol felt fine last night. Only observations:
- fewer orbs? Not sure if this is true, it just felt like orb generation was little slow.
- more orbs to fill super?
- lots of heavy ammo dropped
- lots of green and blue engrams dropped (didn't see any purples)

That Rift match was brutal. We got mercy ruled. It seems like it'll be a fun mode to play. The only mode I enjoy so far is Control, so I'm psyched for the Zones and Rift looks like something else worth doing to mix it up.

Every time I see game play, it always looks like one team is just completely dominating. doesn't seem to be very fun as a time killer.

Dave_6

Agreed. What little we played on Earth Patrol felt fine last night. Only observations:
- fewer orbs? Not sure if this is true, it just felt like orb generation was little slow.
- more orbs to fill super?
- lots of heavy ammo dropped
- lots of green and blue engrams dropped (didn't see any purples)

That Rift match was brutal. We got mercy ruled. It seems like it'll be a fun mode to play. The only mode I enjoy so far is Control, so I'm psyched for the Zones and Rift looks like something else worth doing to mix it up.

I forgot to wear my Alpha Lupi otherwise I could've been generating more orbs. I'll have to do that tonight. I think the tier of our intellect stat is also affecting how long it takes.

LTWood12

They should have let us hit 40 this week..

They should have let us earn marks this week.

They should have let TTK commons, uncommons, and rares drop this week.

Without those things, pre 9/15 2.0 is kind of a wet blanket.

Hedge

The wording really makes me think gun kills count. Try it, for science!

If not let's team up in a half hour and get it done together. I need it too.

I'm on my way out, but I'll try it when I get home. Maybe radiance and a rocket launcher truly will be the way to go.

If you try it out, let me know if it works. They took away my Albion bond, and the Sunsinger looks as if it has potential! Want!

Afrocious

I disagree since this allows us to get a taste of how damage and defense is going to be like this point on. It's best to get us prepped for it while they make sure their TTK release is as bug-free as they can get it.

Also, some folks have gotten level 40 drops, so folks are getting TTK stuff.

Yeah, he did - got a Red Hand that I trust more than the Hawkmoon now because it has hip fire and icarus lol

It does nothing special anymore. People may have a special love for it - cool, I loved mine too. Its not reliable enough in close quarters because ARs, other handcannons, shotguns and FRs run that now. Its not reliable at mid-range because the damage drop off is legit surprising and jarring compared to what it used to be. PRs will shred you and the rate of fire difference is like.... srs. Long range? Don't even attempt it.

I always believed that pre-patch, you could make a lot of weapons work if you found yourself separated from the Blink/Shotgun/TLWhornmoon stuff. I'm not really saying that being able to use weapons that aren't heavily favored by the community at the time made you an anomaly, special, etc.

But being honest and unbias - everything that made the Hawkmoon a top-tier weapon is gone now. Its buffed luck in the chamber handcannon with a bit more range and sexy design. You can't compare the Hawkmoon now to what it was before and honestly say "This is just as good as it used to be" or even "Its still pretty close"

Its not. Its not even close lol.

We will have to agree to disagree. Everything that made the Hawkmoon top-tier is gone now? Yeah, ok, lol.

so they should have released TTK a week early? ;D

arent you having fun just doing this awesome new bounties? and there's new ones every day!!!

I LOVE IT!!!

I disagree since this allows us to get a taste of how damage and defense is going to be like this point on. It's best to get us prepped for it while they make sure their TTK release is as bug-free as they can get it.

thats from the quest lines only though right. are there any other level 40 drops im not aware of?

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I haven't really noticed the buff to incendiary grenades yet... maybe i'm just interpreting the patch notes wrong though

gave you a perfect example of why, you shouldn't be able to just run up on a boss and melt him lol

but okay
i still don't understand the shotgun pve anger.

its pretty obvious that 2.0 isn't for us. It's for new and returning players

If you're having trouble with the voidwaljer "create 7 orbs" quest, TRY THE NIGHTFALL.

I found 3 places which MAY give you the 7 orbs with an orb-increasing armor piece AND if you use the triple-bomb nova bomb.

*I say May because it depends on how well you can bunch the enemies up

The first is when you're waiting for the 3rd phase of the door to open. There will be a part with 3 hallowed witches. If you can bunch then up, you can kill them easily with a void bomb. (I got 7 orbs without a orb-generating armor piece)

The second is in the next round room with the ogre and hallowed knight. This one is trickier, but it's best to blast them right when you enter the room, so that some of the enemies don't spread out to run after you.

The third it's in the boss room and it's pretty easy since there will be a lot of hallowed knights and wizards.

I haven't confirmed it myself, but you may also generate 7 orbs from the two hallowed knights just before the boss room.

R0ckman

Wow cant believe Bungie actually made the shotguns as useless as before. What the fuck.

It's asinine moves like this that just make me shake my head. I loved being able to have the option to bum rush majors with the shot gun, not everyone does it an I prefer snipers, but the fact that they throw so many makors at you sometimes I liked being able to have one option to save the day. Before the patch was playing VoG hard and helping a 28, he was standing by a enemy generating door and a major minotaur came out, he freaked out and ran but I rushed in a blasted the hell out of it. Felt great, now shot guns are trash in pvp again.

Afrocious

Man, I don't get higher than 160 light....

What do I have to do to get higher?
Can't find better gear or weapons.

The light is the average of your total attack and defense.

So basically, yeah, you need better gear or weapons. You'll need etheric light and exotic shards to do so. Also, gear that had +42 light now has 170 defense out the gate. Some guns have 170 attack as well. PoE might be where you want to be.

ocean

Banned
I wish people would stop saying this. Shotguns are still roughly 50% stronger than what they used to be before they got buffed in the first place - when they actually were useless

as in it was the least used special weapon class in the game before it got attention....

they're in a nice middle ground now where you can't pop a bubble underneath omnigul and comfortable give her a 4th horseman ride straight to hell lol
Shotgun buff was 100%
https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=12607

Shotgun nerf is now 45%
https://www.bungie.net/7_Destiny-Update---09082015/en/News/News?aid=13474

Take base 100 for reference. The buff took it to 200. Bring that down 45% and you're down to 110.

Shotguns aren't 50% stronger than they were; they're 10% stronger. And people are crying because you can no longer kill a Major Knight with 4 bullets in 1.5s but you were never intended to.

Shotguns were killing Majors quicker than literally any other weapon class - including Snipers, Fusion Rifles, Machine Guns and Rocket Launchers - by a very significant margin.

I don't understand how people think removing a broken element that completely trivialized Majors - which are supposed to mean something and pose a threat - is "no fun allowed". If anything, what's not fun is having content where literally every enemy is a joke you melt in a second. I'm glad they fixed this anomaly.

Just wish they'd treated it the same way in a crucible. Shotgun melee should be the strat, not one-shot bullshit.

If you're having trouble with the voidwaljer "create 7 orbs" quest, TRY THE NIGHTFALL.

I found 3 places which MAY give you the 7 orbs with an orb-increasing armor piece AND if you use the triple-bomb nova bomb.

*I say May because it depends on how well you can bunch the enemies up

The first is when you're waiting for the 3rd phase of the door to open. There will be a part with 3 hallowed witches. If you can bunch then up, you can kill them easily with a void bomb. (I got 7 orbs without a orb-generating armor piece)

The second is in the next round room with the ogre and hallowed knight. This one is trickier, but it's best to blast them right when you enter the room, so that some of the enemies don't spread out to run after you.

The third it's in the boss room and it's pretty easy since there will be a lot of hallowed knights and wizards.

I haven't confirmed it myself, but you may also generate 7 orbs from the two hallowed knights just before the boss room.

Jeebus how many times do you need to do it?

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Shotgun buff was 100%
https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=12607

Shotgun nerf is now 45%
https://www.bungie.net/7_Destiny-Update---09082015/en/News/News?aid=13474

Take base 100 for reference. The buff took it to 200. Bring that down 45% and you're down to 110.

Shotguns aren't 50% stronger than they were; they're 10% stronger. And people are crying because you can no longer kill a Major Knight with 4 bullets in 1.5s but you were never intended to.

Shotguns were killing Majors quicker than literally any other weapon class - including Snipers, Fusion Rifles, Machine Guns and Rocket Launchers - by a very significant margin.

I don't understand how people think removing a broken element that completely trivialized Majors - which are supposed to mean something and pose a threat - is "no fun allowed". If anything, what's not fun is having content where literally every enemy is a joke you melt in a second. I'm glad they fixed this anomaly.

Just wish they'd treated it the same way in a crucible. Shotgun melee should be the strat, not one-shot bullshit.
ocean this is why you the real MVP

The Bad Juju is the new Thorn, so far. That gun is wrecking people in Crucible. Don't have to reload, half the time, extra super. My god. My new favorite pvp gun.

Daemul

170 class items, how?

I've only gotten the 160 versions so far so I'm at 169 light.

I'm not sure about Titans and Warlocks, but if you're a Hunter go and run the PoE 32,34 or 35 and when you open the Queen's chest at the end you'll get the class item at 170 light.

Could someone patient enough give me an explanation on the state of PvP at the moment, and where it's going (if possible to make such a call)?

As for state of PvP? Wait and see. We haven't gotten the new subclasses or Exotics or weapon perks and don't fully know the map flows yet so it's currently a clusterfuck of improvisation and "oh let me try this out now!"

Yeah, it's still really early. But you can check out reddit's Crucible Playbook to watch the discussion. It's been fascinating.

From a thread about what guns you've had success with in 2.0:

I love how all of the comments right now are for the most part different. That's a good sign to me.​

LTWood12

Your avatar is too cute for me to disagree with. As far as I can tell, the level 40 drops are only being rewarded from the class quest lines & nothing else. Maybe I'm wrong?

so they should have released TTK a week early? ;D

arent you having fun just doing this awesome new bounties? and there's new ones every day!!!

I LOVE IT!!!

No. Not saying they should have released the new story content, strikes, raid, etc. Sure, I have fun playing the game, but there's no progression to anything this week. In fact the bigger incentive is to NOT do any quests or bounties because the XP isn't going towards hitting level 40, leveling up a new sublcasses, or leveling up new gear. Anything I complete this week is just free xp i'm flushing down the toilet.

Man, I don't get higher than 160 light....

What do I have to do to get higher?
Can't find better gear or weapons.

it seems, old 365/42 light gear = 170 light
old 331/36 light gear = 160 light.

by a new ghost from the speaker for 170 light and find you class item with the best possible light. I am sitting at 169 on my hunter and titan as the highest class item right now seems to only get 160 light, but I heard warlocks get a class item that gets 170 light.

Also, why are there such differences on the class item light level. my FWC titan mark has 150 light but my ToO class item has like 30. WTF? Right now im wearing a mark of the bullwurks because 160 light. this is the new RNG.

Haha, they are 10% stronger than pre-buff, not 50%.

Base of 100 impact, 100% buff equals 200, 45% nerf equals 110. 110 is 10% more than initial number.

I feel better about my Hawkmoon opinion now ;p

Edit: beaten

Quick thoughts on PvP. It feels MOSTLY the same. My sample size is 5 Rift matches, so it isn't much, but so far I still didn't get shot with a Thorn which was a real nice change of pace.
  • The range on firebolt nades was somewhat noticeable (not hitting some when they used to), but the dmg of 75% didn't really effect me so far. It still has decent range.
  • Shotguns are still OP
  • TLW feels weird. The last patch prior to 2.0 made it feel like it jammed a lot, and now it's like 100% certified organic jam. Up close, it's still fantastic. Starting at mid range, the damage dropoff is extremely noticeable. Even trying to finish the kill after a snipe, it feels slow/clunky. Are year 2 versions going to be different? I hope so.
  • In terms of primaries, scouts do have their sweet mid-long range spot now. I much prefer those over pulses but that's personal preference. I don't think pulses have as long of a range, anyways.
  • ARs are fairly good. I haven't messed with them yet but just from feedback and people shooting me with them
Overall, they didn't mess with anything too much so it feels pretty much the same. Gunslinger should have gotten a slight buff since the bladedancer didn't get nerfed much to really get that hurt. I'm hoping arcbolt can't double or triple kill like it used to.

I'm satisfied with it. I loved TLW with a passion but I'm sure Year 2 weapons will be great.

Afrocious

Yeah, it's still really early. But you can check out reddit's Crucible Playbook to watch the discussion. It's been fascinating.

From a thread about what guns you've had success with in 2.0:

I love how all of the comments right now are for the most part different. That's a good sign to me.​

Damn son, I had no idea there was a subreddit exclusively for crucible. Reading now. Thanks man!

Your avatar is too cute for me to disagree with. As far as I can tell, the level 40 drops are only being rewarded from the class quest lines & nothing else. Maybe I'm wrong?

Ah, that's actually the item I was referring to. Nevermind then :/ I do think it's cool how we can see gear we cant get atm.

No. Not saying they should have released the new story content, strikes, raid, etc. Sure, I have fun playing the game, but there's no progression to anything this week. In fact the bigger incentive is to NOT do any quests or bounties because the XP isn't going towards hitting level 40, leveling up a new sublcasses, or leveling up new gear. Anything I complete this week is just free xp i'm flushing down the toilet.

That's why I'm just doing bounties and crucible. Gaining crazy rep and having a blast.

R0ckman

Yeah, I can't do anything this week but crucible, this early patch a week in advance was a terrible idea. Or at least how it was executed. Luckily in 2 days I can get a distraction via Mario Maker.

Top Bottom