• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Haemi

She literally just gives it to you for a mission you've already done (i think upgraded subclass?) or one you're about to start (subclass mission?). You get high level class items for hunter and Titan too but they're only 160. Warlock is the only guardian capable of going higher than 170 right now.

I've everything at 170 and bond at 180. Light is still 170.

Mindlog

90s R&B Tax - Montell Jordan - Get It On Tonite

I've had no problem using shotguns in most PvE encounters so far, but their light level was comparable to my own.

Very pleased that most activities aren't giving faction rep. Doing so has made holding a faction edge much easier.

Going to buy 300 heavy ammo packs to roll over a faction 5 times with each character.
Nice compromise after resetting marks. Another classy move Bungie.

Very pleased with the design of subclass quests. Really hope it pays off in the long run.

Top 3 places to complete subclass quests.
Need to generate orbs or kills with abilities? Venus monster closet
Need kills with super in a Strike? Will of Crota
Need to generate orbs or kill majors with a super in a Strike? Undying Mind - Note that majors throughout the beginning of the Strike will not count. However, the majors that spawn during the boss encounter do count for the bounty. They spawn twice in two groups of 8 so everyone can easily complete their quest in one attempt. This is also a great place for Glimmer.

Frostburn

I'm not sure about Titans and Warlocks, but if you're a Hunter go and run the PoE 32,34 or 35 and when you open the Queen's chest at the end you'll get the class item at 170 light.

Interesting about the PoE cloak, my existing Kellhunters's Hood from POE is only 3 defense. Same for my Warlock and Titan class items.

You pick up the level 34 ghost from the speaker? Also, I think I got my class item from the Vanguard weapon vendors in the tower. They just gave it to me IIRC.

I've got the lvl 34 Ghost from the speaker already thanks. Class items from vendors in the tower are only 140 Defense for me.

I've got a 180 warlock bond from ikora ray.

I've seen a bunch of those 180 warlock bonds but I didn't get one from Ikora when speaking with her on my Warlock. I got a much lower defense bond. I'm working through the class quest on my Hunter now and I was given a Furious Cloak at 160 defense and that is the highest I've found so far.

You used to be able to hold

10x 5K bounties = 50k exp

Now you can hold

16x 3K bounties = 48k exp

Lolz... Those extra bounty slots!

You have to factor in how much easier/organic these bounties are though. 3 precision kills with any weapon for 3K is much better than 15 sniper headshot kills for 5K. It doesn't force me into a play style I'm not comfortable with and I can still complete my bounties without spending match after match struggling on those old long-winded ones.

Skele7on

Banned
I think you passed out from being drunk then had a dream.

I have no idea, too many things in the air that are completely unclear

I think I was hammered and fell asleep like Kyoufu said.

You used to be able to hold

10x 5K bounties = 50k exp

Now you can hold

16x 3K bounties = 48k exp

Lolz... Those extra bounty slots!

but like year one we haven't completed main quest to get the 5k bounties!

I've seen a bunch of those 180 warlock bonds but I didn't get one from Ikora when speaking with her on my Warlock. I got a much lower defense bond. I'm working through the class quest on my Hunter now and I was given a Furious Cloak at 160 defense and that is the highest I've found so far.

Yep. Stage 3 of a subclass quest gives a class item for light.

Titans - 160 light
Hunter - 160 light
Warlocks - 180 light

Bungie just loves Warlocks.

(Shotgun nerf turning the meta into shotgun-melee is a stealth buff to Warlocks, too)

Alright looked more into the database, this time looked for armor.
So Iron Banner armor has changed, while the Trials armor is the same. Both armors have the same special perks available, be it Arc,Solar, and Void recovery. And they also have The Arc,Void, and Solar armor

I think I was hammered and fell asleep like Kyoufu said.

It was probably for that tweet Luke smith made saying he would have his last two weapons using motes of light, now we know he was just using them for XP

Is the last bounty step for the subclasses always kill in heroic? If so I'll just leave that step till reset, kill two birds

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I swear that LT is literally living in the 90s and his vita is some sort of social gaming time machine that lets him connect with us from the past.

I did the nighfall and Weekly before the patch. All repa for that is gone. Why??

if you are talking about Faction Rep, it's still there but hidden until you Pledge Alligience to a Faction and that particular Faction Rep shows up again for that Faction but the other two remain hidden until you switch

So I take it all of the class armor materials are obsolete when TTK hits. So should I wait to turn them in once TTK hits, or just do it now and get a ton of DO rep. Can you exchange them the new armor material?

stb

Every time I see game play, it always looks like one team is just completely dominating. doesn't seem to be very fun as a time killer.

I think it'll even out. People who don't even play PVP are trying it out for the novelty, and there are tire-kickers playing who haven't played since September of last year.

Once the fairweathers fade out, and non-tryhards get used to the mode, it'll be more competitive, I think.

Also, it helps to not care if you lose. =) Still get the marks and loot rolls.

E92 M3

For the 47th time, I'm going to give praise to the team that redid the Director/UI and added the music. I can't stress how good it is.

Frostburn

I have the Digital Legendary version of Destiny (That came with the expansion pass and pre-orders) and now the Digital $40 TTK expansion. I can see the Weapons Pack and SUROS Arsenal Pack in my PS4 library as installed but it has a countdown to the release of TTK and I have not gotten the items from the postmaster like everyone else. *The Shader and emblem from SUROS. I have tried "Clearing my PS4 cache", restoring licenses and making sure I've downloaded all "Free" items related to Destiny. Guess I'm stuck waiting till the 15th.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
So I take it all of the class armor materials are obsolete when TTK hits. So should I wait to turn them in once TTK hits, or just do it now and get a ton of DO rep. Can you exchange them the new armor material?
Do NOT do that. On 9/15 all class armor mat will be exchangeable for the general armor mat

Skele7on

Banned
It was probably for that tweet Luke smith made saying he would have his last two weapons using motes of light, now we know he was just using them for XP

Is the last bounty step for the subclasses always kill in heroic? If so I'll just leave that step till reset, kill two birds

Always Luke Smith that bastard :p

Having a ton of my neglected guns fully ranked though was a lovely victory last night mind.

Kyoufu

The patch notes states that you can exchange current materials for new ones when TTK goes live. I would save them and keep them for upgrading and use other items like Heavy Ammo synths for rep instead.

LTWood12

Since they'd said we couldn't get TTK weapons this week, i purposely didn't open the suros package at the postmaster because I figured it wouldn't give me the weapons. I was pleasantly surprised to see the emblem & shader in my collection though.

For the people that opened the package, I'm sure they'll fix it next week either way.

My Warlock level 12 still can't access pre 2.0 Legendary or Exotic weapons/gear until level 20.

Only thing I can is the Strangers Rifle at level 16. Oddly I had the Rare version but its converted into Legendary without the need to complete the mission.

Edit: Strangers Rifle can be ascended to Year 1 as well.

doesnt it require legendary marks to ascend it thuogh. I wonder what it goers up to once ascended

I have the Digital Legendary version of Destiny (That came with the expansion pass and pre-orders) and now the Digital $40 TTK expansion. I can see the Weapons Pack and SUROS Arsenal Pack in my PS4 library as installed but it has a countdown to the release of TTK and I have not gotten the items from the postmaster like everyone else. *The Shader and emblem from SUROS. I have tried "Clearing my PS4 cache", restoring licenses and making sure I've downloaded all "Free" items related to Destiny. Guess I'm stuck waiting till the 15th.

same here. I find it odd that some people get early access while others don't

I thought that the PSN preorder was part of the early access, meh gotta wait till Tuesday

Do NOT do that. On 9/15 all class armor mat will be exchangeable for the general armor mat

The patch notes states that you can exchange current materials for new ones when TTK goes live. I would save them and keep them for upgrading and use other items like Heavy Ammo synths for rep instead.

That's what i was guessing. I must have missed that when I read the patch notes. I didn't do any of that yet because I figured something like that will be available.

rNilla

I'm in the same boat though I haven't tried to do anything about it. Just noticed the countdown and that I didn't have anything in the Postmaster last night. Only checked one character though.

I can't believe they built a whole PvP mode around shotguns and the new maps are all blind corners and alcoves for camping. So many dead ends too. Maybe a round with gaffers will help, but right now I'm done with rift.

stb

Shotgun buff was 100%
https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=12607

Shotgun nerf is now 45%
https://www.bungie.net/7_Destiny-Update---09082015/en/News/News?aid=13474

Take base 100 for reference. The buff took it to 200. Bring that down 45% and you're down to 110.

Shotguns aren't 50% stronger than they were; they're 10% stronger. And people are crying because you can no longer kill a Major Knight with 4 bullets in 1.5s but you were never intended to.

Shotguns were killing Majors quicker than literally any other weapon class - including Snipers, Fusion Rifles, Machine Guns and Rocket Launchers - by a very significant margin.

I don't understand how people think removing a broken element that completely trivialized Majors - which are supposed to mean something and pose a threat - is "no fun allowed". If anything, what's not fun is having content where literally every enemy is a joke you melt in a second. I'm glad they fixed this anomaly.

Just wish they'd treated it the same way in a crucible. Shotgun melee should be the strat, not one-shot bullshit.

Great post.

GunnerZ

https://youtu.be/8Ibh3SLqwHc
Would have post this before update 2.0 but I just found it.
For all the the new people coming to destiny this video depicted the pain and the glory the Veterans went though and how we got where we are today. And for the Vets that watch this video, you would be lying if this video didnt make you take a trip down memory lane through out each section on the video lool.

Vanilla Destiny
Enjoy

kiguel182

I love pretty much all the changes in 2.0.

The systems really seem way more straightforward and easy to understand. You still have light guiding you but know in a more subtle and less demanding way.

Also, the quest system seems like a way better way to contextualize your missions and present a clear path forward.

I only played a couple matches of Rift but liked what I played too. I did pretty badly in those matches since I barely know the layout of the new maps but it was fun. It's also great to have another objective based game.

I still have to start my first alt but, so far, really like the changes. Now all that's left it's all the new content.

Kalamari

I think five years from now when custom games are implemented, someone will design a gametype with no starting secondary ammo, single secondary and heavy pick-up, and turn down super regen, and Bungie will look at it and say "why didn't we think of that?"

Skele7on

Banned
Nostalgia rose tinted spectacles or actual opinion.

I miss dinklebot, Nolan sounds awful in my opinion, too squeaky and I dunno I just don't like it. Maybe new lines he'll be better?

90s R&B Tax - Montell Jordan - Get It On Tonite

I've had no problem using shotguns in most PvE encounters so far, but their light level was comparable to my own.

Very pleased that most activities aren't giving faction rep. Doing so has made holding a faction edge much easier.

Going to buy 300 heavy ammo packs to roll over a faction 5 times with each character.
Nice compromise after resetting marks. Another classy move Bungie.

Very pleased with the design of subclass quests. Really hope it pays off in the long run.

Top 3 places to complete subclass quests.
Need to generate orbs or kills with abilities? Venus monster closet
Need kills with super in a Strike? Will of Crota
Need to generate orbs or kill majors with a super in a Strike? Undying Mind - Note that majors throughout the beginning of the Strike will not count. However, the majors that spawn during the boss encounter do count for the bounty. They spawn twice in two groups of 8 so everyone can easily complete their quest in one attempt. This is also a great place for Glimmer.

Bounties and Crucible give you faction

Quests are giving you XP you're wasting if you're at 34. I'd personally rather edge another level, especially considering I got 400 rep in 30 minutes of playing.

Top Bottom