• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

rNilla

I defected to Future War Clowns. Dead Orbit is just a little too melancholy for my tastes. I like the new FWC ship more and I can start to grind for my favorite emblem which I never purchased because I am dumb.

fb6b9de16fac065c07507569646c5986.jpg

That's not what's happening right now. It does nothing at mid range and nothing at close range.

It's bad.

Its awful, I can't believe how bad it and Hawkmoon are. Those nerfs and changing the stats of The Hopscotch have bummed me right out, as i hate using ARs

Am leaning towards thorn and the messenger at the moment unless someone confirms the new meta then I'll blindly follow the train. I've also been sniped by og felwinters a few times

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Its awful, I can't believe how bad it and Hawkmoon are. Those nerfs and changing the stats of The Hopscotch have bummed me right out, as i hate using ARs

Am leaning towards thorn and the messenger at the moment unless someone confirms the new meta then I'll blindly follow the train. I've also been sniped by og felwinters a few times
Try mida

How come I can't track bounties? I picked up new bounties from Xander as well as some mission ones but they don't show up in my menu. It seems like I am still been able to complete them. There is just no way to track them
You need to select the bounties you want to track. Press X and you'll see them marked.

neoism

So the Thorn is still top tier?

Ugh.

for another week... its gonna be funny getting a rare or leg that out does most if not all y1.... i have a feeling 2.0 was for the new guns not the old.... pvp definitely feels different and not really in a good way.... im not to happy with autorifles stability changes... thorn will always feel cheap...but there will be something else to out do it so we can complain about it instead..:p

LTWood12

for another week... its gonna be funny getting a rare or leg that out does most if not all y1.... i have a feeling 2.0 was for the new guns not the old.... pvp for different feels different and not really in a good way.... im not to happy with autorifles stability changes... thorn will always feel cheap...but there will something else to out do it so we can complain it instead..:p

Thorn will be just as good in regular Crucible. The year 2 weapons will only be better in modes where power matters (Iron Banner, ToO).

FinKL

Has anyone gotten Crucible marks? I know I asked yesterday, but now that a lot of people have played it, maybe someone found a playlist that offers it? Maybe the non-TTK Control maps?

Also, how the f did people get to Level 25 faction rank? I've been playing whats seems like forever and the highest I have is 4.

neoism

Hard Light is cool as fuck now.

Also, can't believe they made "point" the customizable emote. It was the most useful emote. Should have made the dumb sitting down emote the customizable one. Smh.

:/ i really should have bought from xur way back when.....

Swuabino

Has anyone tried running POE since 2.0 hit?

I'm wondering if the Elder Cipher exotics are dropping from the big chest yet. Also, does anyone know if the little chests can drop Treasure Keys on POE 28? I seem to have a major shortage of those and it doesn't look like there are Queen's Bounties this week.

Lee

Also, how the f did people get to Level 25 faction rank? I've been playing whats seems like forever and the highest I have is 4.

A lot of people played with the goal in mind of ranking up factions, so doing patrols each day, weeklies, strike playlists, and crucible always with the faction item on, and wearing the faction item when opening packages. Some people were ranking up a faction every day in search of shaders and ships.

For example, this dude is rank 230 with dead orbit: http://destinytracker.com/destiny/player/xbox/Ninja Sakura

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ha. Today's the actual anniversary... very appropriate that the OT will be going up. Happy Year 1 everyone. :)

29 threads. On average, a new thread every ~12.5 days.
3k1yk5T.gif

EloquentM

aka Mannny
A lot of people played with the goal in mind of ranking up factions, so doing patrols each day, weeklies, strike playlists, and crucible always with the faction item on, and wearing the faction item when opening packages. Some people were ranking up a faction every day in search of shaders and ships.
I mean I haven't actively been trying to rank up and even in at 19 with dead orbit

I discard the titan mark I got for my Defender quest that had 170 defense. My life.

I was under the impression that worked by asking for a weapon that you would receive the following week. Maybe I got that wrong.

IIRC each weapon is kinda like a quest, like you pick up your ZipGun and he goes
"Hrnnn kill like 83 fallen dregs k and then come back and no i dont sound like charlie utter from deadwood im actually the robot from futurama now git"

I find that Faction Levels require 25 to be quite high for Faction Quests, my Titan is at level 23 New Monarchy, so not bad for him but my Warlock is just Level 7 FWC while my Hunter is Level 4 Dead Orbit.

DarKshodaN

Leveling up my Titan from 17 to 34 was super easy and fast. I needed only 3-4 Hours for it :)

But now i don't know what to do, maybe i try to level up my Hunter, then i have all classes at max

EL CUCO

OG Felwinters is actually worse than New School Felwinters, Matador, and PC+1 because of the nerf that Hammerforge got.

Thorn feels good. i can get over my hatred for it now that it is no longer broken.

i'm done with TLW though until they fix it.

I wish people would stop saying this. Shotguns are still roughly 50% stronger than what they used to be before they got buffed in the first place - when they actually were useless

as in it was the least used special weapon class in the game before it got attention....

they're in a nice middle ground now where you can't pop a bubble underneath omnigul and comfortable give her a 4th horseman ride straight to hell lol
They are not 50% stronger than they were originally, that's not how percentages work.

Say the original power was X. Shotguns got buffed to 2X (a 100% increase). Now, they are being reduced 45% from that, meaning 2X-0.45*2X = 0.55*2X = 1.1X

This is only a 10% buff over their original (useless) power.

Edit: this was answered like 5 times before my post. Perhaps I should stop posting as I catch up, but then again my posts in this thread would drop to zero...

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
^already covered last couple of pages. lazy math is lazy - but so is melting bosses and majors with full auto shotguns
New NLB is... wow, just wow.

Yeah... :(

All these new maps encourage vertical movement and the new NLB just kinda sits back like lol

Top Bottom