• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Thinking of re-arranging my house and putting the office upstairs, but I need my modem to be downstairs to get good wifi to the whole house. I want to keep my PS4 wired, though.

How long can my ethernet cable be and still be okay?

Screw the ethernet cable. Use this.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AWRUICG/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Connect one directly to you router and a power outlet. Connect the other to a power outlet near your PS4. Magic! Wired connection over your power line. I have three in my home.

Reposting so you see this.

noomi

How long can my ethernet cable be and still be okay?

That's actually funny you should ask that....

I have a project at work today where I have to run over 100meters (300ish feet) of ethernet cable into my warehouse and split into 4 different sections of the warehouse.

If you can get a switch in the middle somewhere, you can further extend this distance.

router > 100m cable > switch > more cable if needed

I'm feeling horrible lol. My favorite part of Year 1 was having everything established and just playing the game. Chasing the loot is actually my least favorite part, believe it or not.

I know that feel, having everything was a nice feeling, and you start playing the game for fun instead of chasing loot :p

I am pretty excited to be chasing some new weapons/armors again though.

I just hope it's not as bad as when I couldn't get the Hawkmoon for what seemed like forever.

chewydogg

Oh man, I'm chomping at the bit to get back into Destiny. I've barely touched the game the last two weeks. We are in the middle of moving, unpacking, buying furniture, painting and all that good stuff. Tomorrow night they're coming to install internet. Can't wait!!

COenUwtUAAAt9Vq.jpg:large

j-wood

Screw the ethernet cable. Use this.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AWRUICG/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Connect one directly to you router and a power outlet. Connect the other to a power outlet near your PS4. Magic! Wired connection over your power line. I have three in my home.

Reposting so you see this.

FYI, make sure if you use this that both ends are on the same circuit. My house had two breakers and I tried using this when each end was on a different breaker. It constantly made the breaker trip.

Tjamato88

Since I'm level 34 should I do any of the quests or just wait until next week? I'm not really sure what I should be doing this week.

SOOO just saw this:

was checking the Dead orbit guy

REPUTATION DETAILS:

LEGENDARY MARKS
obtained from daily heroic and Daily Cruciable Playlist as well as dismantling legendary gear......

Is that all?

I cant get legendary marks any other way??

This cant be true cause then I am fucked and done with this game. There is no way I am doing the daily shit grind. I want to get it from PVP playlist as always. wtf bungie

SOOO just saw this:

REPUTATION DETAILS:

LEGENDARY MARKS
obtained from daily heroic and Daily Cruciable Playlist as well as dismantling legendary gear......

Is that all?

This cant be true cause then I am fucked and done with this game. There is no way I am doing the daily shit grind. I want to get it from PVP playlist as always. wtf bungie

I think this is it...they've been very quiet about where you can obstain them now.

E92 M3

That's actually funny you should ask that....

I have a project at work today where I have to run over 100meters (300ish feet) of ethernet cable into my warehouse and split into 4 different sections of the warehouse.

If you can get a switch in the middle somewhere, you can further extend this distance.

router > 100m cable > switch > more cable if needed

I know that feel, having everything was a nice feeling, and you start playing the game for fun instead of chasing loot :p

I am pretty excited to be chasing some new weapons/armors again though.

I just hope it's not as bad as when I couldn't get the Hawkmoon for what seemed like forever.

Took me many months to get the FB lol. It sucked.

On another note, are public events giving packages now or not?

DarKshodaN

Maybe a dumb question,
When i have a Level 20 Character with maxed out year 1 gear and weapons, could i do let's say PoE 34 without to die from 1 hit?

I just don't get it, what's the point to level up my Character to 34 at the moment, is there still some kind of Level Scaling?

Aren't they replacing the Vanguard + Crucible marks? You'd still get some for Crucible and Strikes. So maybe those are just bonus marks?

Cool I guess

spoilers for the strike

it's the eye of the gatelord mission except you have to carry a watermelon throughout to open giant laser gates. and then there's a small door in the endless steps that takes you to a nexus arena.
Basically another Undying Mind, except isntead of a wall of Yellow Majors blocking your way it's an actual mechanic.

flkraven

SOOO just saw this:

REPUTATION DETAILS:

LEGENDARY MARKS

Is that all?

But with the increased drop rates, odds are you can expect to get more purple drops from PVP and the strike playlist? We still don't know how many marks we get per piece, no?

Also, the crucible playlist is pvp...

Gammacide

Amazingly enough I just got my first (that I recall) Frumious Coak and its got a 160 Defense! Feeling mighty
frabjous
, as you can imagine. :p

Since I'm level 34 should I do any of the quests or just wait until next week? I'm not really sure what I should be doing this week.

I did the gunslinger quest last night. Wish I hadn't as it gave me vanguard rep and caused me to level up when I didn't want to. I guess I also missed out on some xp. I have plenty of bounties and PE packages saved so I'll be fine but I wish I had saved it.

But with the increased drop rates, odds are you can expect to get more purple drops from PVP and the strike playlist? We still don't know how many marks we get per piece, no?

DAILY cruciable playlist, isnt taht the DAILY PVP as in daily story misson? One per day

I think the concern is that you can't earn marks from doing whatever Crucible matches you want, only the daily playlist?

spoilers for the strike

it's the eye of the gatelord mission except you have to carry a watermelon throughout to open giant laser gates. and then there's a small door in the endless steps that takes you to a nexus arena.
Basically another Undying Mind, except isntead of a wall of Yellow Majors blocking your way it's an actual mechanic.

but do we get to
eat the watermelon?

shermas

I think the concern is that you can't earn marks from doing whatever Crucible matches you want, only the daily playlist?

There's no weekly cap on the marks, which makes me think we'll have a way to continue to earn them during the week... our wallet fills up at 200, so they said we'd have to spend them, then start earning them again. If they were going to be THAT hard to earn, they might not have said anything about the weekly cap.

It stands to reason that they won't be easy to earn as current Vanguard and Crucible marks were, though. Some of us could earn our 100 limit in an hour or two.

They have to put some kind of roadblocks in place, amiright?

Anybody else having this problem? Even after having used it now it says this:

And yes, the name of the guild is Caos and not Chaos. Something else =)
I just got this too. Finished a crucible match and noticed I was no longer wearing the exotic cloak. Says I need to have the Collectors Edition (which I have, obviously). Suros emblem and shader unusable now too. What gives?

There's no weekly cap on the marks, which makes me think we'll have a way to continue to earn them during the week... our wallet fills up at 200, so they said we'd have to spend them, then start earning them again. If they were going to be THAT hard to earn, they might not have said anything about the weekly cap.

It stands to reason that they won't be easy to earn as current Vanguard and Crucible marks were, though. Some of us could earn our 100 limit in an hour or two.

yes but it does not say that we can earn them in any other way than DAILY story and DAILY pvp.

That is not good if it turns out to be that way. They should let us earn them from whatever we want to play, if they are concerned we earn to many, then just lower the nr of marks we can get per PVP match

Yeah, I agree with you on that.

GhaleonEB

SOOO just saw this:

REPUTATION DETAILS:

LEGENDARY MARKS

Is that all?

They come from the same activities that we used to get Crucible and Vanguard marks from, plus dismantling legendary gear. We've seen them drop after a strike, for example.

stb

yes but it does not say that we can earn them in any other way than DAILY story and DAILY pvp.

That is not good if it turns out to be that way. They should let us earn them from whatever we want to play, if they are concerned we earn to many, then just lower the nr of marks we can get per PVP match

You get them from dismantling any Year 2 purples, too. Which can be obtained from any PVP or PVE mode.

We just don't know how many from each dismantle yet. We also don't know how many the daily PVP and daily story will give.

For all we know, the rate at which we acquire them will be about the same.

Namikaze1

What exactly counts as a kill when under radiance in a strike? I'm fucking Gjallarhorning everything under radiance and only got 3 freaking kills out of everything that died.

the quest for the bladedancer is bugged its telling me complete the bladedancer sub class but its already completed....

Go to orbit. Return to tower.
Log off. Go to orbit. Return to tower.

They really designed these quests for new players. The flow for veterans is really awkward.

Frenden

Banned
Thorn and shotguns remain nearly the same and we're left with crappier guns to combat them.

Feeling a bit down on the balance changes so far. Willing to give it time for the meta to settle, but almost every gun I like feels worse.

Top Bottom