• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

I preordered the taken king and would get early access to the suros package/hakke

I got the postmaster packaged from suros but it only had shader and emblem..no weapons...

why is that?

Is it ONLY the Collectors Edition that will get the weapons pre 15th?

I preordered the normal edition but if I remember correctly it said if I preorder I would get early access to the weapons as well.

There is no "early" access to the weapons for anyone

ALL TTK content wont be available until the 15th

LTWood12

I preordered the taken king and would get early access to the suros package/hakke

I got the postmaster packaged from suros but it only had shader and emblem..no weapons...

why is that?

I preordered the normal edition but if I remember correctly it said if I preorder I would get early access to the weapons as well.

No one gets the weapons until next week.

E92 M3

Everything I had in my vault was auto upgraded during the update. While viewing it in the vault it shows unfinished but when you pull it out (hehe) it is fully upgraded, just need to fill in the bubbles. Probably something to do with their algorithm they used to determine max level.

You lucky luck son of rng

Seemed for me just weapons I had stored in my 3rd character lvl 1 inventory.

And I get nothing lol

neoism

so I take it there isnt a playlist just for the new maps?
Also I only saw rift on the playlist. I thought we were getting all of them for some reason.

im sure all are thats like 7 ive played on soo far.. maybe the others are in fridays new playlist

gspec

why is that?

The weapon will be available on the 15th.

Rubenov

Other notes:

Red Death / Vestian Dynasty is currently my favorite combo for PvP, with Red Death barely edging Bad Juju. I'm finding Vestian Dynasty to be better than shotguns at close but not extremely close range. Maps still with way too many obstacles and corners to snipe consistently.

Also, my Young Ahamkara's spine is only giving me one nade, anyone else having this issue?

Oh, went on a 10 kill streak and had the announcer scream "I HAVEN'T SEEN A FIREFIGHT LIKE THIS SINCE TWILIGHT GAP!" Got confused as I thought it was talking about our Twilight Gap (Zoba) for a second, then remembered the "Twilight Gap" map.

Yeah, here's a bigger one I found. I'm sure it's the same thing just blown up.

the100.jpg

Sweet, thanks again!

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Ah man WTF. My "Path to the Sunsinger" quest has just reset the Radiance Kills and Strike Complete.

yup so far dont like a single on of e new guns... not liking omolon sniper at all.. i shot a mofo in the face and he still lived... and you can forget hitting anything if you get hit ... smh..
Gotta remember they are essentially crappy white weapons without stacks of good perks. At least that's what I've been telling myself.

Afrocious

Everything I had in my vault was auto upgraded during the update. While viewing it in the vault it shows unfinished but when you pull it out (hehe) it is fully upgraded, just need to fill in the bubbles. Probably something to do with their algorithm they used to determine max level.

Yeah seriously. I was going to mention, from a programming prospective, I'm impressed Bungie figured out a way to calculate what each character's level should be based on the gear they possess in the vault and on their characters while taking the current level into account.

Ah man WTF. My "Path to the Sunsinger" quest has just reset the Radiance Kills and Strike Complete.

Yeah it did the same for me. I don't think it's bugged though. You gotta get all the kills within a strike while completing it.

I do think it's worded poorly. It sounds like you can do both parts at separate times.

Mindlog

Arrived in time to complete the last part of the Titan subquests.
On back-to-back steps you can complete Striker and Defender on the same run of Undying Mind. Gave me a chuckle.

Now time to give the new weapons a spin.

You can complete the subqests, just don't collect the class item. Save that for next Tuesday.

Don't those give XP? Why not wait until you're leveling to 40/leveling your new subclasses to complete those?

I thought about that. but I have so many bounties saved and PE packages it will hardly matter. just want something new to do.
My wife texted me and said she she went from level 31-34 on her titan just doing some bounties. I think its gonna be a really fast trip to 40

Precision shots yeah for the pulse rifle. Still at 0%

They don't work in Crucible unless they so explicitly. Or at least, that's what I read.

I thought about that. but I have so many bounties saved and PE packages it will hardly matter. just want something new to do.
My wife texted me and said she she went from level 31-34 on her titan just doing some bounties. I think its gonna be a really fast trip to 40

Agreed. And the real grind will be to max your new subclass, which you can't do while doing your old subclass quests.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Other notes:

Red Death / Vestian Dynasty is currently my favorite combo for PvP, with Red Death barely edging Bad Juju. I'm finding Vestian Dynasty to be better than shotguns at close but not extremely close range. Maps still with way too many obstacles and corners to snipe consistently.

Also, my Young Ahamkara's spine is only giving me one nade, anyone else having this issue?

Oh, went on a 10 kill streak and had the announcer scream "I HAVEN'T SEEN A FIREFIGHT LIKE THIS SINCE TWILIGHT GAP!" Got confused as I thought it was talking about our Twilight Gap (Zoba) for a second, then remembered the "Twilight Gap" map.
Praxic fire and spawn with additional grenade perk isn't working either. It's odd

Afrocious

They do, no need to waste the xp and light level isn't important right now.

I can see how it can help getting someone to 40 (though do we have actual XP numbers given for the quests?), but we won't be able to do the new subclass quests until the actual subclass is out.

The Mark looks pretty cool.

gunslinger and titan defender are the only ones I have currently and hey both look hella good. cant wait to wear them. Since I cant wear my titan belt anymore. sad times indeed.

also, ST 14 changes colors with shaders now. looks sick as hell. I put on one of the new shaders and it looks amazing.

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
So did the gunslinger thingy quest and got the level 40 class item, and got the 160 cloak for being 30, but is there a way to get 170 cloak right now?

edit: also, what are the reward for the house of wolves/dark below quest lines?

Don't those give XP? Why not wait until you're leveling to 40/leveling your new subclasses to complete those?

No idea. That one worked no problem for me.
How will you level the new subclass doing missions for the other subclass? It's 6 levels, I really don't think its a big deal. We have a whole new campaign to play for XP.

Other notes:

I would pay Lord Shaxx's voiceover actor $10,000 to call you a "Douche" during a crucible match. :D

Homeboyd

How will you level the new subclass doing missions for the other subclass? It's 6 levels, I really don't think its a big deal. We have a whole new campaign to play for XP.
By talking to the vanguard dude with your new subclass equipped..? It's not a big deal.. I was just saying. Why bother now? All you get is a class item you can't use, right?

So did the gunslinger thingy quest and got the level 40 class item, and got the 160 cloak for being 30, but is there a way to get 170 cloak right now?

edit: also, what are the reward for the house of wolves/dark below quest lines?

there are new HoW and TDB quest lines? so much stuff I dont know about!

Leveling up the gunsmith looks like it's gonna be totally lame. Having to use guns you may not like at all and doing tasks with the gun you may not like just to level him up? Every single week?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Yeah it did the same for me. I don't think it's bugged though. You gotta get all the kills within a strike while completing it.

I do think it's worded poorly. It sounds like you can do both parts at separate times.

Thats a pain. Was awkward to get the kills with the Radiance since I was paired with two 34's so they were stealing loads of kills even though we was in a level 8 strike. I was at like 18/20. :[

By talking to the vanguard dude with your new subclass equipped..? It's not a big deal.. I was just saying. Why bother now? All you get is a class item you can't use, right?
Well I'm gonna want all those class items. But I'm not going to want to do these somewhat dull missions for them once TTK launches and I have a ton of new content to play.

That's my thought process anyway.

Lnkn52

Thats a pain. Was awkward to get the kills with the Radiance since I was paired with two 34's so they were stealing loads of kills even though we was in a level 8 strike. I was at like 18/20. :[

Just do the Undying Mind strike. People tend to leave midway.

Homeboyd

Well I'm gonna want all those class items. But I'm not going to want to do these somewhat dull missions for them once TTK launches and I have a ton of new content to play.

That's my thought process anyway.
I'm betting you'll find better stuff out there than the first class item you get by the time you reach 40. Maybe not though. No worries either way. Like you said.. .they are dull as shit so I'm just avoiding them all at this point.

Top Bottom